10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The only thing I've found where I want my own keybind is Smoke Bomb, and I know the console systems can handle it because other specs have a keybind for special abilities in there too (it's X on PC, I don't play on my controller, stuff like the Titan dome).

You don't need to hold tab to see challenges; tap tab and they'll show up there. Holding tab takes you to the Director, but so does hitting M.
    Holding E to see challenges isn't a big deal, since you aren't looking at them most of the time, and it's just "if you press E, you can see challenges", and it auto-closes the subscreen when you let go.
    There's a sparrow feature that lets you summon instantly. This isn't a console limitation, it's a design choice.

So again; really not seeing your point. I've played plenty of PC-only games with FAR worse control schemes.
    If the only inconvenience for you is lack of your own Smoke Bomb key, then that's fine. However, this is not for me and many others. All I ask is for the FREEDOM to change bindings for those like me who do not want to have to press multiple keys just to access the mount. I also want a button dedicated to seeing challenges because 90% of the time when I want to see progress of my challenge, someone in my Fireteem is killing or has killed an enemy and that auto loot 10 glimmer is showing up on my screen and making me unable to access the challenge progression. Very annoying and very a console only limitation that shouldn't be present on PC.

So again, GIVE US THE FREEDOM TO CHOOSE!

If you are scared that chats will be toxic then give us the choice to mute/kick those toxic players, don't just turn off the chat feature for everyone. Why isn't there at the very least a Clan chat? Why are we forced to use 3rd party software like Discord or the D2 app if we want to communicate with our fellow clansmen (also that sounds weird, change it to Guild or Squad, "clan" is too KKK for me)?

Give us the ability to choose what keys do what. I have more buttons on my mouse alone than any console controller out there. Why do I have to be tied down to console controller key bindings?
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-11-13 at 08:08 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Stats in the current state that they are do not matter in Destiny 2. Recovery is useless even more so if you play a Warlock that is void.
    Actually, recovery is the best stat of the three and is actually helpful. Mobility is basically useless and resilience only really matters in PvP and only if you can hit a certain threshold with it. Recovery is actually very beneficial though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    If the only inconvenience for you is lack of your own Smoke Bomb key, then that's fine. However, this is not for me and many others. All I ask is for the FREEDOM to change bindings for those like me who do not want to have to press multiple keys just to access the mount. I also want a button dedicated to seeing challenges because 90% of the time when I want to see progress of my challenge, someone in my Fireteem is killing or has killed an enemy and that auto loot 10 glimmer is showing up on my screen and making me unable to access the challenge progression. Very annoying and very a console only limitation that shouldn't be present on PC.

So again, GIVE US THE FREEDOM TO CHOOSE!
    Neither of those are limitations due to it being on consoles.

I agree that there should be a way to see challenges more directly, but that's something that's platform agnostic.

The bit with sparrows is a design choice. You might not LIKE the choice, but it's deliberate.

If you are scared that chats will be toxic then give us the choice to mute/kick those toxic players, don't just turn off the chat feature for everyone. Why isn't there at the very least a Clan chat? Why are we forced to use 3rd party software like Discord or the D2 app if we want to communicate with our fellow clansmen (also that sounds weird, change it to Guild or Squad, "clan" is too KKK for me)?
    Why do you presume global chat is necessary? You've got fireteam chat and voice comms and all that. I really don't miss it; global chats were almost always 95% stupid bullshit anyway.

Give us the ability to choose what keys do what. I have more buttons on my mouse alone than any console controller out there. Why do I have to be tied down to console controller key bindings?
    Hit Escape.
    Click "Open Settings".
    Click "Key Mapping".

There you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    endus about your 'transmog'

is all your armor legendary (purple) or greens/blues too if u go only for the look ?
    what exotic armor piece do u have, if any ?

im gonna play my hunter right now which already is lvl 20, but im arcstrider with that silly glowing chestpiece. i might actually drop it

titan for stats, hunter for looks
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    endus about your 'transmog'

is all your armor legendary (purple) or greens/blues too if u go only for the look ?
    what exotic armor piece do u have, if any ?

im gonna play my hunter right now which already is lvl 20, but im arcstrider with that silly glowing chestpiece. i might actually drop it

titan for stats, hunter for looks
    It's all purples, with one exotic. Wildwood Mask/Vest/Cloak, from EDZ tokens. Exodus Down arms, from Nessus tokens. Orpheus Rig exotic pants. Just got the Orpheus Rigs a couple days ago; was using Lucky Pants before that. Mostly Dead Zone shaders, Bark or Foliage depending on exactly what I wanted for that piece.

Deleted
    I am a Warframe player, in the long term the game offer more of a grind, but I have decided to buy D2 this week. I played to the farm and I can say:
    - Where the hell is a chat! How can u make a game like this w/o a chat? I mean wtf
    - Graphics are fine, but why is grenade on a 2 minute cd? Ain't that a bit too long?
    - If there is, any char customisation why is it so simple? If it is so simple, why in the first place there's any choice if it is so limited....

Besides that, I'll play from the Farm onwards in few days (w8 for a friend), so I'll make a review then, but I mean ... yeah

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurendi View Post
    I am a Warframe player, in the long term the game offer more of a grind, but I have decided to buy D2 this week. I played to the farm and I can say:
    - Where the hell is a chat! How can u make a game like this w/o a chat? I mean wtf
    - Graphics are fine, but why is grenade on a 2 minute cd? Ain't that a bit too long?
    - If there is, any char customisation why is it so simple? If it is so simple, why in the first place there's any choice if it is so limited....

Besides that, I'll play from the Farm onwards in few days (w8 for a friend), so I'll make a review then, but I mean ... yeah
    Having played both I can say that the only thing Destiny got over Warframe is graphics. Supers are useless most of the time. By the time it's up - you don't need it and some forms of Supers are clunky to use properly so even if you need it you will most likely just waste it. Long CDs on grenade and throw melee, like wtf.
    You can play Destiny in 3rd person but swords have limited ammo... and each swing uses 1. Like why do they even have ammo? So you don't use them that often. Fun!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the dog raid fight last night with some friends.

Fuck that fight.

Although we found out later that we could just nuke all dogs fairly easily in one go with 4-5 stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Did the dog raid fight last night with some friends.

Fuck that fight.

Although we found out later that we could just nuke all dogs fairly easily in one go with 4-5 stacks.
    I'm shocked people are still having trouble with this event. I have yet to encounter any of the issues people write about.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'm shocked people are still having trouble with this event. I have yet to encounter any of the issues people write about.
    Still?

Was our first try and we went in blind.

First problem was learning patrols so we didn't get spotted, also judging how close you could be to them.
    We were killing them one by one at first, but then we found out that they'd just grow restless quicker.
    So we started taking them low, but we found it annoying to get 4 stacks of the spore each time (we had people that would mess up and get spotted, or it dogs would spot us through what looked like a bug).
    We then thought, fuck it, let's get 4-5 stacks on first go, split up and nuke em.
    First go at that, we killed all but one, so we just stuck to that tactic which made it simple.

Our main problem though was the dogs spotting us while getting the spore buffs, a lot of the time it just appeared to be bugs that made the dogs spot us, as we'd all be behind a wall waiting for it to go away and then suddenly it runs for us even though we were out of sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still?

Was our first try and we went in blind.

First problem was learning patrols so we didn't get spotted, also judging how close you could be to them.
    We were killing them one by one at first, but then we found out that they'd just grow restless quicker.
    So we started taking them low, but we found it annoying to get 4 stacks of the spore each time (we had people that would mess up and get spotted, or it dogs would spot us through what looked like a bug).
    We then thought, fuck it, let's get 4-5 stacks on first go, split up and nuke em.
    First go at that, we killed all but one, so we just stuck to that tactic which made it simple.

Our main problem though was the dogs spotting us while getting the spore buffs, a lot of the time it just appeared to be bugs that made the dogs spot us, as we'd all be behind a wall waiting for it to go away and then suddenly it runs for us even though we were out of sight.
    That's fine, you went in blind and didn't know the 'easy way' to beat them. My comment was more aimed at those who have been doing this raid since release and still have a problem on that encounter. If done the 'easy way' it shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes tops. You should really only need 36 stacks of the buff, then have all 6 people run to their assigned dogs and murder them.

For a titan, 2 pulse grenades and a rocket or two will kill a dog.
    For a warlock, void bomb, vortex grenade, and a rocket or two.
    Hunter *Under construction* still leveling it. Though if I had to guess, i'd say Void wall grenade, Shadow shot, and rockets/merciless.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fine, you went in blind and didn't know the 'easy way' to beat them. My comment was more aimed at those who have been doing this raid since release and still have a problem on that encounter. If done the 'easy way' it shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes tops. You should really only need 36 stacks of the buff, then have all 6 people run to their assigned dogs and murder them.

For a titan, 2 pulse grenades and a rocket or two will kill a dog.
    For a warlock, void bomb, vortex grenade, and a rocket or two.
    Hunter *Under construction* still leveling it. Though if I had to guess, i'd say Void wall grenade, Shadow shot, and rockets/merciless.
    I could kill mine with 3 stacks, but others were having issues. I play a Warlock.

I'd raise questions to anyone if they were having a problem on a fight for a weeks

10+ Year Old Account
    I could kill mine with 3 stacks, but others were having issues. I play a Warlock.

I'd raise questions to anyone if they were having a problem on a fight for a weeks
    There have been reports of the dogs teleporting, or seeing the crystal holders. But I haven't been unfortunately enough to experience any of that. Though I really suspect that the teleporting dogs is just people not knowing their patrol paths. As for the crystal holders, my assumption is that they are getting too close to the edge or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither of those are limitations due to it being on consoles.

I agree that there should be a way to see challenges more directly, but that's something that's platform agnostic.

The bit with sparrows is a design choice. You might not LIKE the choice, but it's deliberate.
    Yes, the challenges being hidden behind the glimmer loot or any kind of update is something they can change on both platforms, and should. It's a QoL change that would help everyone out. Knowing that I've looted 10 glimmer shouldn't take precedence over me wanting to check my progress.

Pretty sure the Sparrow summon was a design choice because controllers have limited buttons and assigning a button solely to the summon the sparrow would be a waste of the limited button resource that console controllers have. PCs have no such limitation. They can give us our own key bind for it. It wouldn't take anything from gameplay, it would simply be a QoL change.

Why do you presume global chat is necessary? You've got fireteam chat and voice comms and all that. I really don't miss it; global chats were almost always 95% stupid bullshit anyway.
    Because they marketed this game as a social game. What's so social about it? Overwatch is 100X more social since we can actually communicate with our team and the other team. Being able to use emotes to strangers isn't exactly social. I mentioned it before and I will again, I want to be able to comminicate with my clan members, I want to be able to communicate with others around me. Do you know how many times we failed to complete a Heroic Flashpoint because the people around didn't know how to trigger it and I couldn't talk to them to explain? A lot. If you're satisfied with just being able to talk to your friends in your Fireteam, that's fine, they can make an option to turn off all chat for you except for Fireteam. But again, I want the FREEDOM to be able to decide who I talk to. They shouldn't treat their playerbase like a bunch of children who wouldn't be able to handle a chat system.

Hit Escape.
    Click "Open Settings".
    Click "Key Mapping".

There you go.
    Yep, and I am greeted with console controller levels of key mapping.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I will say, Destiny absolutely needs better social features. Last night a friend and I had leveled up alts and were trying to get our Nightfall in before the reset. Most of our other friends have quit due to lack of compelling content so we literally messaged around for an hour until we got another friend. We couldn't do a guided game because we weren't in the same clan and weren't solo and we couldn't advertise anywhere in game.

This is a problem and needs to be addressed ASAP. Yeah you can use a 3rd party site, but that really is a shit experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Because they marketed this game as a social game.
    I seriously do not recall any particular focus on socializing in the marketing.

Reveal trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx15301i5_M
    Mostly cinematic shots and story, Cayde-6.
    "Ton of loot".
    Pre-order to get early beta access.
    No mention of social features.

Launch trailer; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdWkpbPTpmE
    Mostly story/cutscene focused, not feature-based. No mention of any social aspects, other than images of fireteams in strikes and such, which is in the game.

Live action trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=LSxElWwWVFE
    Mostly Cayde-6 being funny.
    Mention of "big guns", loot.
    Shots of three-person fireteam type action (with live actors). No communications, lots of shooting and explosions.
    No social features mentioned beyond above, which are in the game (albeit, not live-action).

PC Launch trailer; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awh2XU3WrWI
    Mostly gameplay footage
    Mentions 4k and uncapped framerates
    One quote from Zavala about "needing his fireteam", and a shot of the raid start.
    No mention of social features beyond the above, which are in the game.

I seriously do not understand where you got the impression that they were marketing the social angle of this game beyond what's clearly in the game.

Yep, and I am greeted with console controller levels of key mapping.
    A statement which is just clearly false.

10+ Year Old Account
    There have been reports of the dogs teleporting, or seeing the crystal holders. But I haven't been unfortunately enough to experience any of that. Though I really suspect that the teleporting dogs is just people not knowing their patrol paths. As for the crystal holders, my assumption is that they are getting too close to the edge or something.
    Yeah, we've encountered teleporting dogs a couple time. It went from in front of us to behind us... so... we were all very confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yeah, we've encountered teleporting dogs a couple time. It went from in front of us to behind us... so... we were all very confused.
    I just tried to look for a video of this happening. I need to see this. It honestly sounds pretty funny and I really want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Pssh, Nothin' personal, kid.

the pc version does need add more social options though. its fine on console where they dont have keyboards but theres zero reason not to have area chat or anything on pc, having to use third party software to be able to progress in this game is reallly dumb