Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Well, if people are expecting no changes i think they are going to be disappointed.
    It would be right for people who expect changes to be disappointed.

And even if bosses will get upper debuff limit, will you start asking for more mechanics to them?
    And when you will want to bring your alt to raid, will you start asking for quicker leveling?

Slowly, those things moved WoW into entirely wrong direction, let's not repeat old mistakes and let's keep Classic WoW as it was as an historical artpiece and place for people who long for old WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Yet another vanilla thread.

...Because it's the Vanilla subforums?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    You're probably going to get new models, achievements, and a few other things baked into modern WoW- simply because removing them would be more effort than this whole side project is worth. Also, your opinion =/= fact.
    You think Classic servers are going to be using the data from Live realms? That... makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    - Should all classes/specs be balanced + viable?
    No. Classic should have the Vanilla class balance. Maybe down the road if the community wants changes, but not until then.

- Should certain early BC changes be added (Debuff limit increased from 8 -> 40)?
    No. Classic should have the Vanilla raid meta. Maybe down the road if the community wants changes, but not until then.

- Should content be released incrementally or all at once?
    Incrementally. Classic should try to mirror the Vanilla release schedule for major content drops and itemization.

- Should certain bugs be left in (looting anim bug) or squash them all?
    Depends on how much they affect gameplay. Classic should try to mirror the Vanilla gameplay as much as possible. Don't take my moon walk!
    Agreed 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You need to seek some mental health treatment, you sound like a school shooter.
    Diagnosing someone without a medical license is a felony and you could serve up to a year in jail. Just a fun fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A few points you don't seem to understand.

1) Not all people who played Classic want it to be 1:1 with the original.
    2) Classic Servers are NOT only being made for people who played it back in the day. There is many who wish to experience there own little version of it.

If classic was being made so only those who was there could get to play it then it would only let those accounts log in.
    Congrats, you won the most ignorant post of the day. People who didn't play back then should have no say on it whatsoever. They're like children, uneducated and wrong 99% of the time. Unless you're okay with people who don't play retail asking Blizz to remove LFG/LFR, Flying, etc from the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post

And even if bosses will get upper debuff limit, will you start asking for more mechanics to them?
    And when you will want to bring your alt to raid, will you start asking for quicker leveling?

Slowly, those things moved WoW into entirely wrong direction, let's not repeat old mistakes and let's keep Classic WoW as it was as an historical artpiece and place for people who long for old WoW.
    Bosses should have more mechanics added to them, otherwise they will simply be far too easy and the original challenge won't exist. Quicker levelling? No mate, not many who wants changes want the game to be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Bosses should have more mechanics added to them, otherwise they will simply be far too easy and the original challenge won't exist. Quicker levelling? No mate, not many who wants changes want the game to be easier.
    Problems with bosses is that mechanics-heavy bosses turned off a lot of people from the game.

And having to read a thick manual for each raid boss encounter and having good reflex "skills" isn't something that old players look toward. Those who played Classic are now well in their 30+.

Can't they just buff the hp a bit so the boss would die at roughly the same speed though?
    That is very difficult to balance and they would have to tune each boss individually. Not worth it in my opinion; plus, I want to go farm for dat stinky boi Jade Ooze to give me -1 debuff limit. So I'm against 40 debuff limit.

But I'd rather have people discussing that rather than LUL LFG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Yet another vanilla thread.
    You're on the vanilla subforum you invalid.

As it's going to be integrated in the launcher and work with the battle.net system that's already going to be a change. It just depends on what the changes are and what "area" they happen in. I hope graphics at least have the option to look modern, same with AOE loot for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    So call the police or shut the fuck up you twat.
    You should seek medical treatment. You sound like a future kiddie diddler.

Deleted
    Problems with bosses is that mechanics-heavy bosses turned off a lot of people from the game.

And having to read a thick manual for each raid boss encounter and having good reflex "skills" isn't something that old players look toward. Those who played Classic are now well in their 30+.
    Actually agree with this and this is the furthest I've seen the discussion on boss difficulty progress. I don't mind in which way it should be done, through mechanics or flat stat buffs, probably best if it's a mix of both. What I do think is the original difficulty level should be emulated.

As it's going to be integrated in the launcher and work with the battle.net system that's already going to be a change. It just depends on what the changes are and what "area" they happen in. I hope graphics at least have the option to look modern, same with AOE loot for example.
    Integration in Battle.net client is absolutely one change which can be accepted and it can be done completely server side.

AoE loot nerfed all loot drops back in time, so it was a huge nerf rather than a good feature.
    Graphics shouldn't have option to look "modern". But if Classic will be released as it was, based on mpqs, people will be able to effortlessly use various graphic mods.

It's funny, because I haven't seen anyone seriously suggesting stuff like LFG or pet battles, but I see people who suggest this "QoL" and balance changes all the time.

Neither suggestions make sense. Vanilla with any such changes isn't vanilla anymore.

Actually agree with this and this is the furthest I've seen the discussion on boss difficulty progress. I don't mind in which way it should be done, through mechanics or flat stat buffs, probably best if it's a mix of both. What I do think is the original difficulty level should be emulated.
    A lot of Classic raiders remember that Ragnaros had like 1 million HP (+/-) according to addons. It was a neat number to remember Classic players won't be fooled so easily if they will see bosses' HP buffed

Integration in Battle.net client is absolutely one change which can be accepted and it can be done completely server side.
    There's an argument to be made for why it shouldn't be integrated.

Some want that old feeling of adding someone's character only, not their battle.tag. Some want to cut off their other friends playing Overwatch, and not see them in their friends list, when they're immersed, nostalgically, back in their '2005 mode'. And is integration even possible? Would appear offline function properly with the old UI code?

I'm impartial to it either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    You think Classic servers are going to be using the data from Live realms? That... makes no sense whatsoever.
    Hate to be the one to rain on your parade, but they already flat out stated that what made Classic servers a reality is that they figured out a way to run old content on the modern infrastructure. In other words, the old content is going to be floating on the Live realm systems and data.

It is fundamentally going to be a different game than Vanilla.

But that should have been obvious already:

Vanilla was not every person who wanted to PvP maxing Engineering. It was not UnGoro monopolies. It was not people prepping and organizing to snipe Scarab Lord titles months/years before the game launched. It was not people knowing where to level, or most of the populace knowing how to do quests. It was not video guides readily available, or widespread theorycrafting. It was not carefully weighing that theorycraft for racials to pick the race of your first character. It wasn't thinking about raid spec viability when you placed that first talent point, or knowing what quests were worth doing and what to skip, or exactly where your pre-raid BiS was going to come from before you even made your first toon. It wasn't warrior over-representation and hunter under-representation, or knowing the ins and outs of every profession, or exactly how farming worked at max level.

You are not ever going to get Vanilla. It is gone.

Furthermore, your "questions" in the OP aren't questions that need to be answered. As the second post in the thread pointed out, it's all or nothing.

Game-breaking, server crashing bugs were a major part of Vanilla. Removing them is a far bigger divergence from what Vanilla was, and what the Vanilla experience was, than something like achievements.

Diagnosing someone without a medical license is a felony and you could serve up to a year in jail. Just a fun fact.
    That's not a diagnosis.

Also you're only partially correct- Diagnosing someone without a medical license for profit is a felony.

There's a difference between 'data' and 'core systems'. I'm not suggesting that Live server achievements will transfer to Classic servers, just that Classic servers will in fact have achievements. Tech debt and spaghetti code makes this an almost certainty.

How about not forcing your way onto others if you dont want others to force their wish list on you? Why not be neutral and ask Blizzard to give everyone the option to toggle on or off things that can be optional?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    How about not forcing your way onto others if you dont want others to force their wish list on you? Why not be neutral and ask Blizzard to give everyone the option to toggle on or off things that can be optional?
    Because there is a large group of people who don't seem to want that toggle to exist or other non toggle changes like spec balance to exist because they can't just not play that spec, they need it to be broken so no one else can play it because MUH vanilla.

Can't they just buff the hp a bit so the boss would die at roughly the same speed though?
    I guess they could but why fix it if it ain't broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A few points you don't seem to understand.

1) Not all people who played Classic want it to be 1:1 with the original.
    2) Classic Servers are NOT only being made for people who played it back in the day. There is many who wish to experience there own little version of it.

If classic was being made so only those who was there could get to play it then it would only let those accounts log in.
    Just to correct you there buddy. No one has played Classic. It hasn't been made yet. What you are referring to is called World of Warcraft. Another community accepted name is Vanilla. If you're going to be presenting your view then at least get the terminology right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Because there is a large group of people who don't seem to want that toggle to exist or other non toggle changes like spec balance to exist because they can't just not play that spec, they need it to be broken so no one else can play it because MUH vanilla.
    They also expect Blizzard to re-create their first MMO experience, and that's just not possible.