Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Some gear especially in pvp is more stamina heavy than other gear, so no. Rogue or druid, People blocked by anything, you are aware you can run after being engaged? if someone engages you want to know their player power so YOU can decide fight or flight.
    Health is a good indication of rough gear, and more importantly a good indication of how quickly you are going to be able to kill the person. If you are engaged, you already know any power difference, because you are hitting each other. Gear is not doing anything for you in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Erm nope, LFG was added in WotLK as in Dungeon Finder
    Perhaps you should read up on meeting stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Perhaps you should read up on meeting stones.
    Were you able to queue for random dungeon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just to correct you buddy but its also called Classic. Feel free to prove that wrong tho, I would be interested in seeing you do that.
    Wrong again. This just makes your "arguments" invalid. You talked about vanilla and called it classic. You talked about people playing classic. Vanilla is not classic. No one has played classic.

Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Erm nope, LFG was added in WotLK as in Dungeon Finder
    Umm wrong. Group Finder has always been in WoW, Its just before it was buried in the menu's and no one used it.

There is a difference in Group Finder and LFD/LFR.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Were you able to queue for random dungeon?
    No. But last I checked we were talking about the system as a whole, not one specific feature of it. You were able to queue for dungeons in your rough area. Therefore there is no reason not to add a more robust system into the game. The teleporting is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Wrong again. This just makes your "arguments" invalid. You talked about vanilla and called it classic. You talked about people playing classic. Vanilla is not classic. No one has played classic.

Done.
    You keep saying I'm wrong and yet don't prove it...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    LFR will not be added to Classic Realms.
    LFG will not be added to Classic Realms.
    Dual Spec will not be added to Classic Realms.
    Mount tabs will not be added to Classic Realms.
    Pet Battles will not be added to Classic Realms.
    New character models will not be added to Classic Realms.
    Transmog will not be added to Classic Realms.
    Achievements will not be added to Classic Realms.
    Flying will not be added to Classic Realms.
    Never say never. Simple as that.

If you disagree with the above, well, then, your opinion does not matter
    Classy.

Deleted
    Health is a good indication of rough gear, and more importantly a good indication of how quickly you are going to be able to kill the person. If you are engaged, you already know any power difference, because you are hitting each other. Gear is not doing anything for you in that situation.

No you shouldn't have to attack someone back to find out their gear level, as that would mean more suffering more damage before deciding whether to run or attack. Gear let's you see this as early as possible, many times you see someone's gear before you can even find out their health, which also leaves your target frame free for other things.

Eg you're a t3 warrior fighting a t2 warrior so your target frame is occupied. On the horizon you see another enemy warrior coming to attack you, ah he is wearing t1, I can handle both of them. Or oh shit he is wearing t3 I need to run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Your problem. Git gud.
    It's not just my problem though is it, it's a problem for everyone not benefitting from the deception of negative mogging.

Snip see below
    We see your post history. We see how many of you never even talked about Legacy servers before the announcement. We see how you stayed silent in the aftermath of the Nost shutdown. We see how you laughed/mocked at the Vanilla advocates that flooded the forums.
    Feel free to go back through my history, if memory serves correctly I started looking into private servers about 5 years ago, but always assumed they were stupid servers like having sports cars etc. About 3 years ago I was first made of aware of Nost and became a fan extremely quickly, from there onwards tried a few different private servers all based around Vanilla or TBC. While I've only wanted classic back for around that time frame, had I of known it was possible I would of been after it a lot sooner.

LFR will not be added to Classic Realms.

I log on atleast once a day and I have to be honest I've not seen anyone asking for LFR to be introduced
    LFG will not be added to Classic Realms.[/QUOTE]

Very few people have asked for LFG to be intergrated. What people HAVE expressed interest in, is a similar system to what we had in TBC, you had a drop down list of dungeons which you could register for and a party leader would browse through to find people. You were limited to 3 sign ups and your own server. There was no automation. It purley just stopped people from being in the city spamming trade for groups - aka you could keep questing while you were group hunting.

[/QUOTE]Dual Spec will not be added to Classic Realms.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a handful of people asking for this,

[/QUOTE]Mount tabs will not be added to Classic Realms.[/QUOTE]

I've seen no one ask for this

[/QUOTE]Pet Battles will not be added to Classic Realms.[/QUOTE]

I've seen no one ask for this

[/QUOTE]New character models will not be added to Classic Realms.[/QUOTE]

This is a popular one tbh,

[/QUOTE]Transmog will not be added to Classic Realms.[/QUOTE]

Again, not seen anyone ask for this

[/QUOTE]Achievements will not be added to Classic Realms.[/QUOTE]

Seen a few posts about this

[/QUOTE]Flying will not be added to Classic Realms.[/QUOTE]

Not seen anyone asking for this.

Most of these I agree with not being introduced and probably all of them won't be introduced which is fine by me. But there are some which could be added without ruining the Vanilla experience, namely, the updated models and textures. There are others which would be nice to be added, say the achievements it would be nice to have them but completely locked to that server hell even character. The problem is people would abuse it come time to do higher dungeons and raids. So I'm all for not having them in.

[/QUOTE]If you disagree with the above, well, then, your opinion does not matter, because you've already proven yourself to be either a liar (who says they want Vanilla) or a hypocrite (who would mock someone for suggesting they remove one of the above from retail). In either case, your opinion matters about as much as SquareSoft recommending changes to Guild Wars 2. No one cares.[/QUOTE]

How can you be so arrogant? Some people want some of those QoL changes who have been craving classic servers for years, that's their opinion. It's why we call it an opinion. Someone can have a stupid opinion but that doesn't mean it doesn't matter. Regardless, blizzard have already stated they are relying on community feedback for this project so you can bet something like updated models and textures has a strong chance to be used.

Now; here's where your opinion does matter:

- Should all classes/specs be balanced + viable?
    No one can answer this yet, we need a alpha up and running to test how tune ups will work on some classes. Personally I'm perfectly content with having some specs non viable, like the moonkins and shadow priests. But I'm also perfectly content having them brought up to par so I can experience level 60 raiding competitively as a shadow priest.

[/QUOTE]- Should certain early BC changes be added (Debuff limit increased from 8 -> 40)?[/QUOTE]

Again, no one can give a definite answer on this, it needs testing. It will also heavily rely on what the answer is to specs being balanced. If you make every class viable to raid, there is no way 8 debuffs will work, it'll fuck up everyones damage if there's enough different classes there. E.g. where as x class could get 2 debuffs up, they might then be competeing with y class and only get 1 debuff up

You also need to take into account how the community has changed in regards to pugging. There will be a lot of pugs attempting raids because thats the mentality these days. We can do it in ToS because there's no effect on other players, but can you imagine trying to organise a pug in a Vanilla raid group as to who can and who can't place debuffs? I can taste the drama already.

[/QUOTE] - Should content be released incrementally or all at once?[/QUOTE]

This should be the one everyone is in agreement with. We should have it released in stages, maybe not the same time frames as Vanilla, but defo gated. If you release nax and MC the same day it'll be utter chaos. Not to mention you're increasing the chances of burn out to people trying to get to nax in the quickest possible time.

[/QUOTE]- Should certain bugs be left in (looting anim bug) or squash them all?[/QUOTE]

Get rid, that bug was a fucking pain in the arse and serves absolutely no purpose to be left ingame. Theres a lot of streamers saying to keep that specific one in and honestly I think their just shit stirring to get more views. They'd be the first to complain in live about it. The way I see it, is if you could wave a magic wand and go back in time to offer the devs a fix for these type of bugs, would they take it? If they would, fix it, if they wouldn't leave it. But lets face it, no dev wants bugs in their game.

Edit

Those quotes have gone so wrong :O

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You keep saying I'm wrong and yet don't prove it...
    No one used the term Classic to name a version of WoW until Blizzard revealed at Blizzcon. You prove that people have played it. You're the one making statements asserting that people have played classic. It is not my job to prove that for you. Or are you just too fucking embarrassed that you got it wrong and are just arguing for it's own sake? It's pretty pathetic to be honest.
    why so mad bro

Now; here's where your opinion does matter:

- Should all classes/specs be balanced + viable?

If you want all classes and specs to be ballanced, you can play on Live where every class has the same spells but in a different colour.
    Where every class has a self heal, a sprint,..

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    No you shouldn't have to attack someone back to find out their gear level, as that would mean more suffering more damage before deciding whether to run or attack. Gear let's you see this as early as possible, many times you see someone's gear before you can even find out their health, which also leaves your target frame free for other things.

Eg you're a t3 warrior fighting a t2 warrior so your target frame is occupied. On the horizon you see another enemy warrior coming to attack you, ah he is wearing t1, I can handle both of them. Or oh shit he is wearing t3 I need to run.
    Hence my earlier point. Oh wow, a druid is coming, now you know absolutely nothing from gear. Oh wow, a mage has started hitting you from behind a tree, now you know absolutely nothing from gear. Oh wow, someone has a bunch of good off-piece gear (bracers, boots, leggings, neck, trinkets, rings, belt) but hasn't gotten a good robe or shoulders yet. Now you have absolutely no idea what their power is based on what you can see.

It means so little in PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    If you want all classes and specs to be ballanced, you can play on Live where every class has the same spells but in a different colour.
    Where every class has a self heal, a sprint,..
    Certain specs being made viable =/= class homogenisation. Talent tree and spell numbers could simply be buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No one used the term Classic to name a version of WoW until Blizzard revealed at Blizzcon..
    Funny because you keep saying this without proving it. I personally have always called it Classic. But hey feel free to prove that no one EVER has called it classic until blizzcon.

Or are you just too fucking embarrassed that you got it wrong and are just arguing for it's own sake? It's pretty pathetic to be honest.
    That's ironic coming from you.

Why don't we all calm the fuck down? This is turning into a fucking race riot or something.

If you want your vision of Classic to be the one Blizzard goes with, provide that feedback to them. They're listening. If you want to have a debate about what should and shouldn't be in Classic then fine do that here - but keep it civil. They're not the fucking enemy at the gates for God's sake.

We see your post history.
    You're... cyberstalking the people you don't agree with? Don't you think this fighting is getting a little out of hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Another triggered OP that cannot handle that different people want different things. Smh.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Hate to be the one to rain on your parade, but they already flat out stated that what made Classic servers a reality is that they figured out a way to run old content on the modern infrastructure. In other words, the old content is going to be floating on the Live realm systems and data.
    Lmao. You do realize they meant with Win10 Libs, right?

It is fundamentally going to be a different game than Vanilla.

But that should have been obvious already:

Vanilla was not every person who wanted to PvP maxing Engineering. It was not UnGoro monopolies. It was not people prepping and organizing to snipe Scarab Lord titles months/years before the game launched. It was not people knowing where to level, or most of the populace knowing how to do quests. It was not video guides readily available, or widespread theorycrafting. It was not carefully weighing that theorycraft for racials to pick the race of your first character. It wasn't thinking about raid spec viability when you placed that first talent point, or knowing what quests were worth doing and what to skip, or exactly where your pre-raid BiS was going to come from before you even made your first toon. It wasn't warrior over-representation and hunter under-representation, or knowing the ins and outs of every profession, or exactly how farming worked at max level.

You are not ever going to get Vanilla. It is gone.

Furthermore, your "questions" in the OP aren't questions that need to be answered. As the second post in the thread pointed out, it's all or nothing.

Game-breaking, server crashing bugs were a major part of Vanilla. Removing them is a far bigger divergence from what Vanilla was, and what the Vanilla experience was, than something like achievements.
    Oh, you're still in the Denial stage of grieving. Pathetic, actually.

No you haven't. You have never called it classic otherwise you would have provided a source. Nothing ironic about it. You are wrong, I am not. I get it. This forum is your life and you place some sort of social value on what you perceive others think of you. Admitting that you're wrong is difficult to do because you think it will damage your standing within the community.

Or maybe people just see you like this:
    Jtbrig7390: Someone said I am wrong on the Internet, kitty. I am so angry.
    Kitty: Meow
    Jtbrig7390: I don't care if I am wrong kitty, I am just going to commit what I said no matter how wrong i am.
    Jtbrig7390: No kitty. I am not being stubborn, I can't let others see me admit being wrong.
    Jtbrig7390: You're not my Mom, kitty. I do not need to put pants on.
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Hence my earlier point. Oh wow, a druid is coming, now you know absolutely nothing from gear. Oh wow, a mage has started hitting you from behind a tree, now you know absolutely nothing from gear. Oh wow, someone has a bunch of good off-piece gear (bracers, boots, leggings, neck, trinkets, rings, belt) but hasn't gotten a good robe or shoulders yet. Now you have absolutely no idea what their power is based on what you can see.

It means so little in PvP.
    However, it it more honest than the complete deception which is transmogged gear in pvp. Outside of pvp many people enjoyed simply seeing someone kitted out in powerful armour in Ironforge. It meant something to the community aspect of WoW for appearance to be less under the player's control. Only the most successful raiders had anything resembling aesthetically pleasing armour and that is how it should be kept.

It's not a fashion simulator. Seeing someone with a coherent set of gear stood out in a good way from the crowd of clown suits. If you bring in transmog they won't stand out as much and it devalues their effort.
    Last edited by mmocd2ad2cb4e7; 2017-11-15 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Why don't we all calm the fuck down? This is turning into a fucking race riot or something.

If you want your vision of Classic to be the one Blizzard goes with, provide that feedback to them. They're listening. If you want to have a debate about what should and shouldn't be in Classic then fine do that here - but keep it civil. They're not the fucking enemy at the gates for God's sake.
    That's what this post is. And don't delude yourself thinking Blizz isn't reading threads here. They already confirmed that they gather feedback from here, Wowhead, and Reddit just as well as the official forums and they read them, quote, "especially after Blizzcon".