Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, of course she does.

Watch how people can't accept that and come up with the weirdest conspiracies.
    Like how she doesn't yell 'For the Horde' because of the Horde, but to tell people to stop being lazy.
    You must not have a firm grasp of Sylvanas as a character.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Deleted
    She loves the Horde, she loves you. Now be a good orc and stay in the front line pretty please.

She might, once she realizes the forsaken aren't as supportive as she believed them to be and as such begins relying more on the other horde races and catering to their needs.Though I personally doubt that.

I'd like a balance of both to be honest. If Blizzard can find a balance of 'You're my pawns deal with it' and still unite the Horde, somehow, I would love it. I really like where she's at right now, she's got a lot of potential. I'm craving for someone to just go berserk and cause mass destruction on a scale that's believable. Right now I want Sylvanas to be that person. This cinematic has really thrown her into the spotlight if nothing else before it hasn't.

Yes, I do.
    But I tend to read quest-text, other ingame lore and read books.
    It's the difference between dipping a cookie in hot chocolate and taking a chocolate bath.
    Are all books considered canon though?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Not as much as she does for the forsaken, a lot more than she does for the alliance. Whether she admits it or not she has a strong Horde mentality, and she does a better job than Garrosh at making solving the horde feel together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Are all books considered canon though?
    Canon unless stated otherwise
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    It took quite some time before Sylvanas managed to care about her own people, expecting her to genuinely care about the whole Horde when she just got the Warchief seat at the start of Legion would be quite delusional. However, if there's one thing Sylvanas apparently cares about is to do her job right. That's a promising start.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-11-16 at 01:03 AM. Reason: the dreaded typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    “Come and rule by my side. You hate the Horde—so did I, until I had a place of power there. We can be our own law, Little Moon. We can reshape the Horde in our image. Nothing could stop us. We will grind our enemies into dust and elevate our allies. I feel this; I think you can feel it too.”
    --Sylvanas, War Crimes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It took quite some time before Sylvanas managed to care about her own people, excepting her to genuinely care about the whole Horde when she just got the Warchief seat at the start of Legion would be quite delusional. However, if there's one thing Sylvanas apparently cares about is to do her job right. That's a promising start.
    I believe we will see her caring for the whole Horde in the new novel. What sparked my interest though is the Desolate Council. It sounds very promising/interesting imo. I want to see more of it and how it will affect Sylvanas's relationship with the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I believe we will see her caring for the whole Horde in the new novel. What sparked my interest though is the Desolate Council. It sounds very promising/interesting imo. I want to see more of it and how it will affect Sylvanas's relationship with the Horde.
    Agreed. It was about time they shown Forsaken to be more than Sylvanas' drones rather than just tell it as Blizzard did until then (since every shown case of "disagreement" never walked on reasonable grounds and ended up in spectacular betrayals).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Fuck the kingsguard Fuck the city Fuck the king

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    “Come and rule by my side. You hate the Horde—so did I, until I had a place of power there. We can be our own law, Little Moon. We can reshape the Horde in our image. Nothing could stop us. We will grind our enemies into dust and elevate our allies. I feel this; I think you can feel it too.”
    --Sylvanas, War Crimes
    Isn't that the book from the end of Pandaria, before the start of Warlords? Taken in that context it could be interpreted both ways. She likes the Horde because she can manipulate it to her doing, or she cares for it. I'm wondering if there won't be some sort of civil war and Green jesus comes back to save us from Sylvanas trying to sacrifice the other races, or something

I've re-watched the Sylvanas half of the BfA cinematic countless times, and this last time I wondered.. Does she truly care for the Horde? Some people have been saying that this was a turning point, and this pushed her in favor of all races Horde. It makes sense, it builds hype. And Blizzard's going to want something that will build hype, and this cinematic does just that. It gets a LOT of people hyped up to be Horde, to finally have Sylvanas come 'round and represent ALL races. It goes against who she's been as a character for quite some time, doesn't it?

Well I saw it in another light. What if she hasn't changed. What if this was a trigger. A flashback to when Arthas paraded death through her city, killing her and her people. This time, it's Anduin. Anduin's forces are advancing on her city, endangering her people. Not again. The cunning woman she is, seizes the opportunity to appear valiant in uniting the Horde to overcome the Alliance. This also fits Blizzard's motive. At face value it very much appears to be Sylvanas uniting the Horde, but from the shadows, she's protecting her city and her people. Blizzard LOVES throwing curveballs lately, and this would be one hell of a curveball.

What're your thoughts on this?
    She's using the Horde for her own personal gain. To use them she needs to make all the races trust her which haven't been the case.

Lol, it has been staed NUMEROUS times that she just thinks of the Horde as a meat shield. I admit, there have been some implications that this might change, and Blizz COULD make it happen, but right now, everyone who say she cares about the Horde has no idea about her character and uses headcanon to feel like she likes his character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "numerous times"

Give me one recent quote.
    From the preview of "Before the Storm":
    From outside the room came the thump-thump of a spear butt on the stone floor. Sylvanas closed her eyes, trying to gather patience. "Enter," she growled.

One of the orc guards of the hold obeyed and stood at attention, his green face unreadable. "Warchief," he said, "it is time. Your people await you."

Your people. No. Her people were back in the Undercity, holding meetings, using her own gifts to them - their existence and their free will - to inexplicably refuse those gifts.
    This paints a pretty clear picture that in her system of priorities the other races of the Horde play second fiddle to the Forsaken. Now, from "Edge of Night":
    "The humans will serve their purpose," she answered, her mind already calculating. "They believe they are liberating the city. Let them fight on our behalf and spend themselves for our gain. They are"—she stumbled upon an analogy she'd used before—"arrows in our quiver."

The heaving mass of undead clapped and coughed and hacked gleefully in assent. Sylvanas regarded the whole mob coldly. And so are you, she thought to herself. Arrows I will aim at Arthas's heart.
    The army of undead that surrounded and protected the Dark Lady was still hers, body and soul. But they were no longer arrows in her quiver, not anymore. They were a bulwark against the infinite. They were to be used wisely, and no fool orc would squander them while she still walked the world of the living.
    Sylvanas' initial view of the Forsaken were as weapons, tools she would use to strike out at the one who had wounded her so substantially by turning her undead. This view softened in "Edge of Night" but still presupposes that the Forsaken remain implements - now to be used wisely and carefully, as a shield against the fate that awaits her on true death. The combination of these two excerpts seems to paint a clear picture: if she views the Forsaken, "her people," as tools and implements how much *less* must she view the rank and file of the Horde?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I've re-watched the Sylvanas half of the BfA cinematic countless times, and this last time I wondered.. Does she truly care for the Horde? Some people have been saying that this was a turning point, and this pushed her in favor of all races Horde. It makes sense, it builds hype. And Blizzard's going to want something that will build hype, and this cinematic does just that. It gets a LOT of people hyped up to be Horde, to finally have Sylvanas come 'round and represent ALL races. It goes against who she's been as a character for quite some time, doesn't it?
    What? How could you have such impression after the cinematic? Like, you can argue with other things in mind, but this cinematic completely doesnt fit such a thought. Just because she screamed For the Horde doesnt mean what you just said.
    She's still full of herself.