Page 1 of 27
... LastLast
    Deleted

Traditional raid tier sets will be removed with BfA

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ampaign=buffer

So yeah, we kinda saw this coming with not only the Heart of Azeroth targeting 3 traditional tier slots, but also the fact that titanforging is here to stay.

Personally, I'm conflicted. Tier bonuses usually add some flavour, but with the insane Legion titanforging pretty much disabling you to equip that 940 BiS stats piece as to not break your 4piece, it's for the better.

Your thoughts?
    Also apologies in advance if this has already been discussed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that the tier set mechanic of set bonuses and (hopefully) properly itemized pieces to complete those sets is now outdated? Is it the RNG drops that have them changing their mind? Is it the class-specific art? Is it simply that they want to try something new, that works better? Are set bonuses and tier sets too punishing for a casual player to achieve? Do they undermine the efforts of those who work hard and never get them due to their strength?

Lots of questions to ask. I don't know how to feel about it either, although I'm also unsubbed since Feb, but still find myself wanting to engage with the new expansion talk.

Seems to me like it's another way to keep people with not a lot of time focused on direct improvement of their character. Not getting a 2 or 4 piece can suck week after week. So why not let that person "avoid" the painful RNG of loot drops and let them just pour points into something they already have?

I don't think I'd care much about the mechanics of extra spell effects/modifiers moved to a new system. I just had that with Legendaries, and while the RNg sucked, I was a fan of equipping different things and getting new, changed abilities, moreso like Diablo. I would definitely lament a lack of class-specific armor though.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

According to the articaly tier bonuses will be baked in to the Heart of Azeroth system. One this I liked about that was that they want to design the armor sets more to the zone where they come from rather than class specific thing. Because oh boy some of appearances of the sets have sucked alot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Why is it that the tier set mechanic of set bonuses and (hopefully) properly itemized pieces to complete those sets is now outdated? Is it the RNG drops that have them changing their mind? Is it the class-specific art? Is it simply that they want to try something new, that works better? Are set bonuses and tier sets too punishing for a casual player to achieve? Do they undermine the efforts of those who work hard and never get them due to their strength?

Lots of questions to ask. I don't know how to feel about it either, although I'm also unsubbed since Feb, but still find myself wanting to engage with the new expansion talk.

Seems to me like it's another way to keep people with not a lot of time focused on direct improvement of their character. Not getting a 2 or 4 piece can suck week after week. So why not let that person "avoid" the painful RNG of loot drops and let them just pour points into something they already have?

I don't think I'd care much about the mechanics of extra spell effects/modifiers moved to a new system. I just had that with Legendaries, and while the RNg sucked, I was a fan of equipping different things and getting new, changed abilities, moreso like Diablo. I would definitely lament a lack of class-specific armor though.
    It pretty much said that they dont want to force people to use 2 or 4 pieces of gear just because of the set bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    According to the articaly tier bonuses will be baked in to the Heart of Azeroth system. One this I liked about that was that they want to design the armor sets more to the zone where they come from rather than class specific thing. Because oh boy some of appearances of the sets have sucked alot.
    Tier set appearances can be so hit or miss, and I suppose recycling older sets was a telltale sign that they were getting a little tired of trying to come up with another animal to mount on the shoulder of a Hunter, or another holy symbol to stick on a Paladin's gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    It pretty much said that they dont want to force people to use 2 or 4 pieces of gear just because of the set bonus.
    Well there you go. More freedom of choice and less punishment from RNG is their goal, I guess...? "Find an upgrade, equip it immediately" was something I feel like I remember Ion talking about heavily in Legion, before the ring stat changes. This seems to really go forward with that line of thinking.
    [/url]

feels bad for tier sets, sacrificed on the altar of titanforging

Bit confused, are they just removing the set bonuses? or raid sets entirely?

I certainly hope it's not raid sets entirely!! that would suck balls. Raid sets have long been a staple of WoW. They are removing raid sets cos they felt it locked the player into what exactly?

15+ Year Old Account
    Excitement dwindling. The less traditions we lose, the more i don't want to play

My complaint now with the tier pieces along side the legendaries, so many times I basically have no choice ... the tier isn't a fun bonus, it's mandatory. So I get all this gear that would be an upgrade than I can't use because so many of my slots are locked up. Keeping a 4-piece bonus would be so much easier without the legendaries and it opens up more possibilities to try to mix in the 2-piece from previous tier.

So I dunno, I guess at least it will be a change to mix things up a bit. I'll try to be positive about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end, set bonuses or not, you're going to have a BiS list. I suppose with this change, having half your BiS set might be a bit less punishing, since everyone will have their set bonuses?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    [/url]

I actually don't mind this, given that it sounds like the bonuses will just be a part of the Azerite system. I have several 955 ilvl pieces in my bags that are definitely upgrades for me, but equipping them will get rid of my set bonus, which I want. So I understand the point of this change, although I'm not sure how it'll play out, so we'll have to see I suppose.

First adding titanforging and now removing the tier sets... why dont they just remove raids from the game and leave only LFR?

I think set bonuses are definitely more annoying now than they were before. They pigeon hole you into using 2 or 4 pieces of gear.

If they implement tier sets into the azerite armor/neck, I think that’ll work much much better.

I will say right now I won’t miss looking at wowhead/MMOC and seeing a garbage tier set for my spec. That ruins the entire “fun” that tier sets should be bringing so I think this might be a good move.

If it gives us more choice then it’ll be a good change. Especially since azerite gear wont TF so there’s more purpose to mythic raiding then there is in legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    So only loot thats worth anything from raids will be trinkets, rest u can farm from in M+?
    Hopefully there will be some worthwhile loot u can only get in raids over M+
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm okay with this especially since tier had janky itemization in order to suite all specs for the class.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    So only loot thats worth anything from raids will be trinkets, rest u can farm from in M+?
    Hopefully there will be some worthwhile loot u can only get in raids over M+
    Azerite armor can’t TF, therefore the best will come from mythic raids. That’s 3 very important slots. That+trinkets will be a good reason to run mythic. More incentive than legion has.

This is pretty typical of new-blizzard.

-Take a traditional system (tier sets)
    -Make a small change to them that people hate (titanforging/2set+4set)
    -Instead of reversing new change, scrap the traditional system entirely
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Welcome to the world of even less reason to raid and more reason to spam M+. Seriously, removing tier is removing the heart of raiding.

Deleted
    Another step to remove Raids from being go to content for PvE and instead push a "new and fancy" m+ dungeons even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    First adding titanforging and now removing the tier sets... why dont they just remove raids from the game and leave only LFR?
    3 of our best pieces will come from mythic/whatever the hardest difficulty is in BfA though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obdojony View Post
    Another step to remove Raids from being go to content for PvE and instead push a "new and fancy" m+ dungeons even more.
    Again, not true.

You won’t be getting your best helmet, chest or shoulders from mythic+. They’ll come from raids.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ampaign=buffer

So yeah, we kinda saw this coming with not only the Heart of Azeroth targeting 3 traditional tier slots, but also the fact that titanforging is here to stay.

Personally, I'm conflicted. Tier bonuses usually add some flavour, but with the insane Legion titanforging pretty much disabling you to equip that 940 BiS stats piece as to not break your 4piece, it's for the better.

Your thoughts?
    Also apologies in advance if this has already been discussed.
    and titanforging is the problem not the set bonus,titanforging is to stay because it requires 0 design on their side