Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    The simplification of the game continues. They just don't learn. Well, at least we're getting vanilla.
    I can’t wait for vanilla but if you think it’s going to be any harder than retail WoW you’re insane. 13 years of knowledge, vanilla is going to be a joke. That doesn’t mean it won’t be fun, but it’ll be a joke in terms of difficulty. Common sense.

So,since m+ loot is both superior and easier to farm,with the removal of tier there is litterally no reason to take raid gear over m+ gear
    Which means m+ farming will be mandatory for mythic raiders(I'm not talking about bleeding edge raiders who will farm everything there is anyway,but the average mythic raider).

It's been clear that Blizzard has been trying to push m+ as the main endgame content over raids since Legion,but imo this is pushing it too far

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    This is just going to make gear even more boring than it already is. Tier sets and trinkets are the only interesting items in the game, everything else is just stat sticks. With no tier sets getting loot is going to be utterly dull.

I also have to wonder what this means artwise - are still going have class-themed armor? Because from how he worded that it sounds like no....

Everyone send qustions to #WOWQA on Twitter for the upcoming Q&A.
    Do you know nothing about azerite armor? It’ll provide way more choice to loot than tier did. Tier didn’t provide any choice at all, you either got it or you didn’t. With azerite armor we get passives and abilities to choose from+the heart of azeroth neck.

Gear in BfA will be so much more interesting than in legion. It seems like nobody here knows anything about the azerite gearing system/artifact neck in BfA so their just assuming shit

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Good thing mythic+ isn’t the only option.

Yes, right now you can get higher ilvl gear from M+ than from raiding due to TF. That won’t be happening in BFA since azerite gear can’t titanforge, so in order to get those BiS pieces you’ll have to raid.
    It won't be TF true, but it'll still have a base ilvl increase based off the level of completion, you watch. A 915 "titanforged M+10" shoulder piece will still be a 915 M+10 azurite infused shoulder, just the TF text will be removed.

Good riddance.

Tier gear was always a "I need it to raid efficiently otherwise im bad" kinda thing, it also sucked locking down slots. OH NEAT I GOT THIS PIECE OF GE- Oh teir slot...

But yeah let people whine and bitch, this is a huge positive to the game in my view.
    Now it'll be OH NEAT I GOT THIS PIECE OF GE- Oh, right, it doesn't change my playstyle or give me more power than any other +5ilvl upgrade. How boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    The simplification of the game continues. They just don't learn. Well, at least we're getting vanilla.
    If anything gearing up in the best way possible will be more challenging without the fucking sets locking slots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    Now it'll be OH NEAT I GOT THIS PIECE OF GE- Oh, right, it doesn't change my playstyle or give me more power than any other +5ilvl upgrade. How boring.
    There are still set bonuses from M+ like the arcway one dir hunters that is op ad FUCK. I think they Will follower that way
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It won't be TF true, but it'll still have a base ilvl increase based off the level of completion, you watch. A 915 "titanforged M+10" shoulder piece will still be a 915 M+10 azurite infused shoulder, just the TF text will be removed.
    Okay and that 915 piece will still be worse than my heroic 930 azerite piece/mythic 945 piece.

If you don’t mythic raid next expac than you’ll have worse gear than someone who does. Period.

7+ Year Old Account
    They're taking away tier sets for our own good, guys. Come on give Blizz a break!

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    Azerite armor/HoA neck will do exactly that. It’ll be way more interesting than tier. Do you know nothing about the next expac?

We will get to choose passives/traits on our azerite armor (helm, shoulders, chest) as well as our neck. How is that boring? If anything it’s better than tier. We have way more options.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-11-15 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Tier gear was always a "I need it to raid efficiently otherwise im bad" kinda thing, it also sucked locking down slots. OH NEAT I GOT THIS PIECE OF GE- Oh teir slot...
    Pretty much what I thought as well. The set bonuses aren't even that interesting most of the time, but still mandatory if you're into optimizing your gear. The legendary system in legion made it even worse, removing potentially up to 2 slots from the selection of which tier pieces to go for. I wouldn't cheer just yet as it remains to be seen how the new system with heart of azeroth exactly works, but I would say I'm fairly optimistic about it being better at least.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Okay and that 915 piece will still be worse than my heroic 930 azerite piece/mythic 945 piece.

If you don’t mythic raid next expac than you’ll have worse gear than someone who does. Period.
    I don't care if I have "worse gear than someone who raids mythic" I care that raiding is not the best place to get gear unless you're raiding mythic, this change kills Heroic raiding and below because it's much easier to get 4 other amazing folks together, then it is to get 10-30 folks who might have enough of their brain left to get the raid cleared. M+15 gives equal gear to heroic Antorus, the chest every week gives equal to mythic. If they don't change something you could be full "mythic ilvl" doing only M+, it won't change that at all, just remove some text from the items.

Deleted
    Do you know nothing about azerite armor? It’ll provide way more choice to loot than tier did. Tier didn’t provide any choice at all, you either got it or you didn’t. With azerite armor we get passives and abilities to choose from+the heart of azeroth neck.

Gear in BfA will be so much more interesting than in legion. It seems like nobody here knows anything about the azerite gearing system/artifact neck in BfA so their just assuming shit
    But what is the visual effect that will make people say "wow, i want that, i want to raid" when they see you?
    Will it be azerite gear? Azerite gear is the new "Tier-sets"?

I think we are all forgeting about the visual aspect of the game and the "incentives for noobs to be in awe"

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    So,since m+ loot is both superior and easier to farm,with the removal of tier there is litterally no reason to take raid gear over m+ gear
    Which means m+ farming will be mandatory for mythic raiders(I'm not talking about bleeding edge raiders who will farm everything there is anyway,but the average mythic raider).

It's been clear that Blizzard has been trying to push m+ as the main endgame content over raids since Legion,but imo this is pushing it too far
    Wrong.

Azerite armor can’t TF, so you’re BiS will still be from raids. If mythic+ 10 drops 910 but heroic raids drop 920/925 you will have to raid to get those 3 BiS items.

So, no. M+ won’t be priority. Raiding at the highest difficulty will yield you the best azerite armor since they can’t titanforge. Raiding at heroic will as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    But what is the visual effect that will make people say "wow, i want that, i want to raid" when they see you?
    Will it be azerite gear? Azerite gear is the new "Tier-sets"?

I think we are all forgeting about the visual aspect of the game and the "incentives for noobs to be in awe"
    That’s a completely different discussion. That involves transmog.

People still inspect me due to my MoP challenge mode gear but aside from that what you’re asking for is long gone.

Unfortunately it’ll be gone in vanilla as well. Nobody is going to inspect anyone since we know exactly what everything is/where it comes from. There won’t be that “holy shit what is that?!?!” In either classic wow or retail.

I'm glad to have more gear slots open. As someone stuck with 2p T19 and 4p T20, getting upgrades is awful. It just doesn't happen. This isn't even a TF issue, as my T19 is 905. Tier bonuses are just insanely powerful. If these are baked into HoA, then that's great, as those slots can still upgrade and change.

My only real concern is the portion about visually making armor sets about that raid. My hope is this doesn't mean 4 sets(1 per armor type) per raid, instead of the typical 13 or so. I fear this is a direction they may go.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I don't care if I have "worse gear than someone who raids mythic" I care that raiding is not the best place to get gear unless you're raiding mythic, this change kills Heroic raiding and below because it's much easier to get 4 other amazing folks together, then it is to get 10-30 folks who might have enough of their brain left to get the raid cleared. M+15 gives equal gear to heroic Antorus, the chest every week gives equal to mythic. If they don't change something you could be full "mythic ilvl" doing only M+, it won't change that at all, just remove some text from the items.
    Wrong again. I’ll explain it clearly.

If mythic 10+ drops the highest ilvl m+ gear and its 910 ilvl, but heroic gives 920/925, you will have to raid to get the best gear. Therefore it’s the best place to get gear

Considering azerite armor is our most important armor slots next expac, raiding will be even more important for gearing than it is currently.

If you only do mythic+ next expansion, you will by default have worse gear than someone who raids heroic and mythic. Therefore, heroic and mythic raids are the best places to get gear.

Wrong.

Azerite armor can’t TF, so you’re BiS will still be from raids. If mythic+ 10 drops 910 but heroic raids drop 920/925 you will have to raid to get those 3 BiS items.

So, no. M+ won’t be priority. Raiding at the highest difficulty will yield you the best azerite armor since they can’t titanforge. Raiding at heroic will as well.

- - - Updated - - -

People still inspect me due to my MoP challenge mode gear but aside from that what you’re asking for is long gone.

Unfortunately it’ll be gone in vanilla as well. Nobody is going to inspect anyone since we know exactly what everything is/where it comes from. There won’t be that “holy shit what is that?!?!” In either classic wow or retail.
    Do you even know how the current M+ systems work? Ignoring TF text because it doesn't matter M+15 on Tuesday, November 28th, will drop the same ilvl as heroic Antorus just like a M+10 drops the same ilvl as Heroic ToS now. The chest at the end of the week will a award a mythic quality piece.

If nothing changes with the M+ you could have full mythic level gear just doing M+ weekly and getting a little bit lucky.

Well i definitely wont be returning to WoW now save Vanilla. Watch them backtrack/reverse decision.

Wrong again. I’ll explain it clearly.

If mythic 10+ drops the highest ilvl m+ gear and its 910 ilvl, but heroic gives 920/925, you will have to raid to get the best gear. Therefore it’s the best place to get gear

Considering azerite armor is our most important armor slots next expac, raiding will be even more important for gearing than it is currently.
    I'll say it again again, M+10 and Heroic both drop 915 right now, and m+15 and Heroic Antorus will both drop 930 on the 28th.

If nothing changes you could get a MYTHIC level azurite piece from your weekly chest.

Again, not true.

You won’t be getting your best helmet, chest or shoulders from mythic+. They’ll come from raids.
    And likely trinkets ^^

Deleted

People just alienate this little things man...this are very important things that got lost with the times.
    The visual aspect of things is very important for motivation. It's very powerful if done correctly.