Thread: [TV] Arrow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Not a bad episode, but Diggle as Arrow does nothing for me and it's just tedious assuming they're going to drop it anyway. Why bother with the drama?
    I think it was a great episode. Both Olivers side trying to fit in and Diggles being the "Green Arrow". Obviously acting is little cringe worthy because of no Oliver toning it down.

I liked the bit with Felicity, I think we will finally have normal couple and no shitty Olicity drama like in previous seasons. This was a sincere introduction.

You know what's a crazy thought tho? Diggle being killed off, which is what I believe to be the plot writers are trying to lay out. Why? Oliver really connecting with him this episode, making us try and understand the importance of Diggle being a huge part of Olivers life, acceptance by the team, giving him an awesome weapon and in general giving him the spotlight. There needs to be drama, we already had Felicity, Lance family, Olivers family dramas playout and I think a big one this season is Diggle dying, it seems like the right time. It will also be probably one of the final nails in the coffin that Oliver "is not the green arrow" so he can continue be both, a father and the Green Arrow. Although... they must find a way to make him be able to balance both. Whether that's his son accepting who he is or not...

Whether its Diggle taking the Mirakuru and going in Slades footsteps, or him getting shot and being out of the game or interestingly become bad and then having to try and find a cure for it or wait for it to wear out slowly...

^

I had more but I forgot it haha
    -K

Best season so far
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'll skip the obvious glaring problems with the plot, not a bad episode I guess.

But seriously, who the hell would put anything important to the world in Star City? I wouldn't put the Corporate HQ for Taco Bell in the city, let alone something world-wide important. Maybe real low rent or massive underground caves that make it easy for bunkers? I mean, Dark's Arc or whatever, maybe that was sold off for storage space?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Best season so far
    Please do tell you're being incredibly, venomously sarcastic.

Well the last time Oliver and Felicity tried this it was probably the worst period of the show to date so lets hope they do it better this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Please do tell you're being incredibly, venomously sarcastic.
    nope. this season and last season have been phenomenal so far and imo the best in the shows running. only thing i have a problem with is as someone earlier said, diggle wont talk to anyone when they fucking made a thing that lets felicity fuckin walk again.

sorry im not on the "everyone must hate arrow ever since oliver defeated ra's al ghul train"

yes. season 4 was really weak and at some moments just plain bad, but 5 and 6 has brought the show back to its roots and its great

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Well the last time Oliver and Felicity tried this it was probably the worst period of the show to date so lets hope they do it better this time.
    the only problem with olicity is they kept breaking them up over stupid reasons only to bring them back together again over and over.

which honestly is a problem that all cw shows do because cws main demographic is teenage girls. which is why every show has some sort of love triangle, or will they wont they couple, or some sort of drama break up. its what they do.

they just need to find someone else on arrow to do it to. maybe diggle using drugs will cause him and lyla to break up again or maybe thea will wake up when roy comes back and they can have a falling in love again arc or something.

this has also been a problem since the very beginning of the show.

its why everyone used to hate laurel because in the first 2 seasons it was a will they wont they situation and laurel and oliver kept almost getting together and he would screw it up

also in season 2 they had the love triangle between sara and laurel and oliver, and the one between sara, oliver and nyssa and the will they wont they of thea and roy

then in season 3 its olicity falling in love

then season 4 its olicity breaking up

then season 5 and 6 is olicity getting back together

its just what cw does. most of the people on mmo champion are white males in there mid 20s to early 30s so clearly they arent the teenage girl demographic these story arcs are meant to appeal to
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

nope.
    I am sorry to hear that.

this season and last season have been phenomenal so far
    You mean, Prometheus was not a failure of a villain? The whole plot was not a failure along with Olly's pussysufferings over oh so cruel tortures Prommy puth him through?
    The new team was not a failure? Wild dong? Gay black smart useful sidekick?
    This is what you call phenomenal?

Green Oliver shooting down an helicopter with an AK47 from 200 meters when said helicopter was shooting at him with a minigun is phenomenal?
    Well, maybe it is phenomenal. Bullshit, that is.

sorry im not on the "everyone must hate arrow ever since oliver defeated ra's al ghul train"
    Couldn't care for said train, but you have to at least try to look at the show objectively.
    It sank as low as Legends of Whatever.

yes. season 4 was really weak and at some moments just plain bad, but 5 and 6 has brought the show back to its roots and its great
    To each their own, I suppose. but I would rather watch Sliders for umpteenth time, or even fething Hercules/Zena instead of this phenomenal Arrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Olicity is bs and is worse than Barris from theflesh.

I am sorry to hear that.

You mean, Prometheus was not a failure of a villain? The whole plot was not a failure along with Olly's pussysufferings over oh so cruel tortures Prommy puth him through?
    This is what you call phenomenal?

Green Oliver shooting down an helicopter with an AK47 from 200 meters when said helicopter was shooting at him with a minigun is phenomenal?
    Well, maybe it is phenomenal. Bullshit, that is.

Couldn't care for said train, but you have to at least try to look at the show objectively.
    It sank as low as Legends of Whatever.

To each their own, I suppose. but I would rather watch Sliders for umpteenth time, or even fething Hercules/Zena instead of this phenomenal Arrow.

- - - Updated - - -

if you dont like zena why the fuck did you start watching a cw show in the first place? you clearly have no idea what you're doing and im not sure why you're even in this thread

if you dont like zena why the fuck did you start watching a cw show in the first place? you clearly have no idea what you're doing and im not sure why you're even in this thread
    If you lack reading comprehension why the feth did you start arguing in the first place?
    Which part of me saying "I would rather watch Sliders for umpteenth time, or even fething Hercules/Zena instead of this phenomenal Arrow." did you not get?
    You clearly like phenomenal, good shows like Arrow, and I am not happy for you.
    I like good shows, you like Arrow. To each their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Xena is above and beyond Arrow no matter which angle you choose to slice it.
    They aren't even comparable, basically.

If you lack reading comprehension why the feth did you start arguing in the first place?
    Which part of me saying "I would rather watch Sliders for umpteenth time, or even fething Hercules/Zena instead of this phenomenal Arrow." did you not get?
    You clearly like phenomenal, good shows like Arrow, and I am not happy for you.
    I like good shows, you like Arrow. To each their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Xena is above and beyond Arrow no matter which angle you choose to slice it.
    They aren't even comparable, basically.
    Why do you keep saying fething. Just curse like a normal person dude

Why do you keep saying fething. Just curse like a normal person dude
    Because I fething love Tanith swear word "feth".

Stronger curses are reserved for very special occasions and people.

You seem to get awfully angry about shows you don't even like.

It's like you guys keep forgetting that the arrowverse is just a slightly better smallville. The cw is still the wb they just changed names

Angry, really? I am chill as all feth.
    Just slightly dissapointed, and a little bit displeased with how Arrow turned into this...phenomenal show it is now.

Smallville was awful, and is no way a reason to cut Arrow any slack.
    Arrow was supposed to be the chosen one!
    It was supposed to restore balance, not join the Sith!
    I loved it!

I'm mixed on last season and this season. I do think Ollie and some others are doing exceptionally well in their roles, but I also agree that the metaplot and lots of details are just horribly done/ stupid. Flash, the acting in general isn't as solid, and the plots are meh. Both are still worth watching IMO, but I'm certainly not expecting them to be the best of anything. Prometheus was soooooo horrible a villain.

I like Ragman and Terrific, I think Curtis adds to the team well. Artemis was good, but then did her turn, which makes no sense at all. More good characters with bad plotting/ writing.

The problem (IMO, obv) is not the relationship. It is what the relationship does to the people involved. When Iris is not part of the couple, she is strong, independent, useful. When she's in the relationship, she's a weepy drama tool that is just irritating. Same with Felicity. Look back at her in early stuff and she's a clever strong character, but then the relationship enters and suddenly she's a whiny bitch. ("oh no, you made a promise to keep a secret to see your kid and didn't instantly break that promise to tell me! How COULD you!!!") The relationships bring down the male parts of the relationships also.

Caitlin never recovered from being a GF, I think, and has been whiny ever since Ronnie returned and died.

I guess it's focus on women lets Supergirl actually portray relationships as not just incredibly stupidifying things, though it's had it's bad moments too.

Artemis was good, but then did her turn, which makes no sense at all.
    i mean, thats kind of always what artemis does whenever shes introduced.

i mean, thats kind of always what artemis does whenever shes introduced.
    Other sources can inform the show, but the show is still itself and needs to explain itself.
    Having Ollie give her a speech about his past to shake her out of the murder spree, then recruit her, then she turns on him because she finds out his past is what she already knew it was is... bleh. The fact that she then becomes a full on nutjob that delights in the suffering she causes, even kidnapping friends/kids to torture someone, it's all just too stupid.

That aside from there being no way I can figure Prometheus and her met up. Maybe if Chase tracked her down before she joined the team and she was always pretending, or maybe even before her first appearance, but that just ties back to how impossible Chases planning was.

best episode of the whole show

That aside from there being no way I can figure Prometheus and her met up. Maybe if Chase tracked her down before she joined the team and she was always pretending, or maybe even before her first appearance, but that just ties back to how impossible Chases planning was.
    I always just assumed she was on Chase's side from the get go. Chase was way too over the top but I just went with it because it was at least decently entertaining.

So I'm catching up on Arrow and I'm on the episode that introduces the new Black Canary. In the episode, Oliver is like "no don't kill the guy responsible for this"...after literally killing 20 people who are just henchmen.

At least she killed him anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    So I'm catching up on Arrow and I'm on the episode that introduces the new Black Canary. In the episode, Oliver is like "no don't kill the guy responsible for this"...after literally killing 20 people who are just henchmen.

At least she killed him anyways.
    Its not murder when they are minions or non-human looking aliens.