Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really like the idea of more theme appearances.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't help but laugh at the people who think this is a bad thing.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    The sky is falling!

Let's wait and see what they are before complaining.
    sure, wait then complain had worked magic so far. legendary nerf for pvp comes near the end of the expansion for example.

This is great. Options are open now to include more fun gear tied to particular pieces like the Kara stuff, not to mention upgrades would come from a variety of content. This is a good thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lets just all pretend that Blizzard will introduce "other options" in place of tier sets because we all know that's how Blizzard operates, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    The sky is falling!

Let's wait and see what they are before complaining.
    Wait until when? How long are people supposed to wait before they voice their opinions on something? Until Beta? Have you been in a beta? Things in beta are for the most part already decided on. And besides I'd rather voice a dislike now, so they can start on a backup plan then in beta when the game is already designed around a faulty new system.. i.e Garrisons

OT: I personally don't approve of this, besides being iconic gear sets used to be what people did look forward to, I was upset when they added trinkets with JUST stats in because classically trinkets did stuff, but people accepted them as fine. Seems to me with the success of the mythic tournament blizzard is pushing the 5 man theme more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
    Wait until when? How long are people supposed to wait before they voice their opinions on something? Until Beta? Have you been in a beta? Things in beta are for the most part already decided on. And besides I'd rather voice a dislike now, so they can start on a backup plan then in beta when the game is already designed around a faulty new system.. i.e Garrisons

OT: I personally don't approve of this, besides being iconic gear sets used to be what people did look forward to, I was upset when they added trinkets with JUST stats in because classically trinkets did stuff, but people accepted them as fine. Seems to me with the success of the mythic tournament blizzard is pushing the 5 man theme more.
    They aren't going to kill raiding, the main director is big into it so chill.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

here's a little secret you might not know: lots of the gear sets are already themed from the place they come from. its actually not necessary to eliminate tier sets to do that. there's this place called icecrown citadel full of icecrown themed class tier sets

more likely this is blizzard's excuse to make only 4 sets per raid tier and share them by armor type, saving themselves a lot of work. believe what you want but remember this post when you're looking back on where it all went wrong two years from now. we're all warlords lfr now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They aren't going to kill raiding, the main director is big into it so chill.
    You can't expect people to chill, there's no reason to chill unless they come out and give us a solution. The drop the bomb (in this case, removing a piece of, one of the last ones too, incentive to even raid) and give us no solution.

Raid exclusive Azurite Talents, things like that.

They're taking our candy without something in return, of course we're (rightfully) pissed. Like the person you quoted said, unless we speak up from the start it gets locked in stone, beta is too late to start expressing our opinion.

There have been lots of cases where I get a ridiculously Titanforged piece of gear, but if I use it then I lose out on a tier bonus that's quite helpful. This happened to me a couple times this expansion with my shadow priest, for instance. Not having tier bonuses would erase that problem entirely, so I'm fairly happy with this.

This doesn't come as a shock to me, however. Tier bonuses for older tiers are now disabled entirely due to class revamps over the years, making them not even viable for timewalking dungeons/raids. There have been times where tier bonuses have been outdated by the time a pre-patch comes out, making many of those pieces obsolete for even leveling in a new expansion. Tier bonuses have always been (for some) a source of frustration and decisions that usually require outside sources (websites, addons) to calculate. Plus, after a while, I'd imagine Blizzarcd would start to run out of unique ideas to boost each spec with different bonuses for different amounts of tier gear.

All in all, I don't see it as a bad thing for me. However, I do feel bad for those that genuinely liked figuring out which combinations of tier were the best during expansions.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    here's a little secret you might not know: lots of the gear sets are already themed from the place they come from. its actually not necessary to eliminate tier sets to do that. there's this place called icecrown citadel full of icecrown themed class tier sets

more likely this is blizzard's excuse to make only 4 sets per raid tier and share them by armor type, saving themselves a lot of work. believe what you want but remember this post when you're looking back on where it all went wrong two years from now. we're all warlords lfr now.
    Honestly, i'm more inclined to lean toward, it's more Blizzard's excuse to push M+ and their esport version of it along with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    But it doesn't separate raiding from everything else, raid tier has been in this game since the start, and they're killing it for nothing. I can't look forward to a new tier every raid, it's just the same hum-drum thing, may as well just do M+, same gear now.

Whole guild is pissed over it.
    Here is a mindblowing idea, how about you raid because it's the game mode you enjoy? I mean you're acting like getting gear is your damn job.

I go into raids because I like the larger scale fights and the lore heavy instances. I also do M+, but for different reasons.

I play this game because it is fun, shiny loot is just a bonus, there will still be sets, but with apperance instead of tier bonuses.

This post just fully embraces what is wrong with gaming today "Why should I do this thing if this other thing gives the same reward?"... Oh I dunno Why does pvp players keep playing long after their benefit from it has passed, or why does CSGO players keep going match after match, or heroes of the storm?

The raid set or tier wont ruin raiding, people who only raid to get tier sets already seems to have. I do it because its fun, not because there is a tier set in there. A tier set with a bonus that only has the purpose to make further raiding easier... I mean what? Get out with that shitty ass mentality.

I was contemplating returning to WoW and well this just seals the deal for me...

I wont be.

Waiting for Vanilla now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Here is a mindblowing idea, how about you raid because it's the game mode you enjoy? I mean you're acting like getting gear is your damn job.

I go into raids because I like the larger scale fights and the lore heavy instances. I also do M+, but for different reasons.

I play this game because it is fun, shiny loot is just a bonus, there will still be sets, but with apperance instead of tier bonuses.

This post just fully embraces what is wrong with gaming today "Why should I do this thing if this other thing gives the same reward?"... Oh I dunno Why does pvp players keep playing long after their benefit from it has passed, or why does CSGO players keep going match after match, or heroes of the storm?

The raid set or tier wont ruin raiding, people who only raid to get tier sets already seems to have. I do it because its fun, not because there is a tier set in there. A tier set with a bonus that only has the purpose to make further raiding easier... I mean what? Get out with that shitty ass mentality.
    The game is based on gear/rewards so.....he has some point.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    You can't expect people to chill, there's no reason to chill unless they come out and give us a solution. The drop the bomb (in this case, removing a piece of, one of the last ones too, incentive to even raid) and give us no solution.

Raid exclusive Azurite Talents, things like that.

They're taking our candy without something in return, of course we're (rightfully) pissed. Like the person you quoted said, unless we speak up from the start it gets locked in stone, beta is too late to start expressing our opinion.
    Why? Why do you need Candy?... Isnt raiding fun? The rewards are still there, why do you need an extra bonus to enjoy it? The challange is the fun, who cares about tier sets.

Why? Why do you need Candy?... Isnt raiding fun? The rewards are still there, why do you need an extra bonus to enjoy it? The challange is the fun, who cares about tier sets.
    News flash: people like candy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The game is based on gear/rewards so.....he has some point.
    No, he would have a point if raids now gave absolutely Nothing, however it doesnt. It still rewards gear..

The game is not based upon that shit, its an RPG, its based on further your character... guess what? Raids still drop gear better than any other source with the exception of really high mythic + dungeons that might drop on par gear.

So what? Raid because you enjoy it, if you like mythic+ more, then do that. Thats the whole point, multiple game modes so that you can play what you ENJOY.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyur View Post
    News flash: people like candy.
    There is still great gear in raids, just no arbitrary bonuses anymore. Bonuses that sometimes completely ruins class balance, and even gets classes changed around them.

Lot's of people do, obviously, or there wouldn't be so many people angry over it. I do have fun raiding, but I'm not going to do it for cosmetics, and very few people raid "just for fun", since the beginning it's been about the purples.

You have to incentive the harder path or people just don't take it.

I mean, good for you being able to raid purely for fun, you're in the minority and this doesn't affect you.

Deleted
    Lot's of people do, obviously, or there wouldn't be so many people angry over it. I do have fun raiding, but I'm not going to do it for cosmetics, and very few people raid "just for fun", since the beginning it's been about the purples.

You have to incentive the harder path or people just don't take it.

I mean, good for you being able to raid purely for fun, you're in the minority and this doesn't affect you.
    You're acting like there will be no gear drops at all now, purely cosmetics? No, the strongest PvE gear in the game? Yes.

I don't do it for pure cosmetics, I do it for the challange and to get better gear to further my character. The lack of a tier set wont change that, it just means that I can instead focus more on optimal stat pieces instead of wether something is tier or not.

There is plenty of incentive still, so the whole argument kinda falls short there.

if only blizzard realized that cosmetics were meaningless sooner they could have fired their entire art department and saved billions of dollars