Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Let's not confuse "Unable to be understood" with "silence is golden". Minions babble far too much, but the only thing they can say is "Gru" and "banana!" it seems.

But yeah, a CGI movie could easily work.
    thats why i slashed and said near silent. they make noises from time to time but rarely talk and when they do its a few words, same as mario who might scream or whatnot but doesnt really talk.

i could see a mario movie being a bit like a more action oriented minions, a story kind of like odyssey would work really well imo.

have toads, bowser, bowser jr maybe peach talk and have mario and luigi not talk
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just gotta say the moment I saw the "Best esports player" and "best esports team" categories I lost all faith in humanity and these awards.

Persona 5 got more votes in different categories than Nintendo Switch titles total from me.

http://thegameawards.com/awards/ for those who want to vote.
    Last edited by mageling; 2017-11-14 at 07:10 PM.

Anyone tried LA Noire yet?
    Last edited by mrgibb; 2017-11-14 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    Anyone tried LA Noire yet?
    iit was pretty good a few years ago. I assume its still pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    I just gotta say the moment I saw the "Best esports player" and "best esports team" categories I lost all faith in humanity and these awards.

Persona 5 got more votes in different categories than Nintendo Switch titles total from me.

http://thegameawards.com/awards/ for those who want to vote.
    My biggest problem was when I read "best handheld game" and it was literally "best 3DS game"(in a year with literally no memorable 3DS games tbh). So Switch games can't be handheld now? Also neglecting YS and Danaganronpa which had Vita releases in the west this year. Some of those 3DS games on the list are literal trash.(MHS and a very bad port of an already mediocre game in YWW shouldn't be nominated for an award in any timeline).

Also how in the hell is Splatoon a family game? How many families set up 4+ Switches in their house and play Splatoon together? Hell, and then a lot of the other options are single player games. MK8 is literally the only thing there that is a traditional family game.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-11-14 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    My biggest problem was when I read "best handheld game" and it was literally "best 3DS game"(in a year with literally no memorable 3DS games tbh). So Switch games can't be handheld now? Also neglecting YS and Danaganronpa which had Vita releases in the west this year. Some of those 3DS games on the list are literal trash.(MHS and a very bad port of an already mediocre game in YWW shouldn't be nominated for an award in any timeline).

Also how in the hell is Splatoon a family game? How many families set up 4+ Switches in their house and play Splatoon together? Hell, and then a lot of the other options are single player games. MK8 is literally the only thing there that is a traditional family game.
    Family can also just mean family friendly. I take turns on Splatoon with my nephews
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Family can also just mean family friendly. I take turns on Splatoon with my nephews
    Yes but the description of the award is playing games together as a family. If it was as you describe I wouldn't have issues with it.

How many families you know are playing Sonic Mania together?

The award as described should of had MK8D, Snipperclips and a few of the fighting/sports game releases nominated. If they want it to be "best E rated game" then describe it as such.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-11-14 at 10:40 PM.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/revie...olls-v-1775438

Skyrim Switch has more stable framerate (30 fps) and is less buggy than XBO/PS4 versions, but with more pop-in and crappy anti-aliasing.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/revie...olls-v-1775438

Skyrim Switch has more stable framerate (30 fps) and is less buggy than XBO/PS4 versions, but with more pop-in and crappy anti-aliasing.
    Where is the actual proof and frame testing in same scenes?

That article is akin to some random person's feels on the internet with no proof of anything they claim.

I give them props tho, they got a chuckle out of me with a pro being "bug free". Bethesda game bug free? Thanks for the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Where is the actual proof and frame testing in same scenes?

That article is akin to some random person's feels on the internet with no proof of anything they claim.

I give them props tho, they got a chuckle out of me with a pro being "bug free". Bethesda game bug free? Thanks for the laugh.
    Yea when I read bm bug free I thought the review was like some satire thing but no they were serious.

I doubt after 6 years of remaking the same game that they finally made it bug free for a version that won't be close to the xbox version

- - - Updated - - -

Switch Reddit is so cocky. They don't even see pubg, dawn or p5 as competition. They keep going back and forth about Zelda and Mario fighting for goty.

One of those probably will win cause of the fucking fan boys but I really want p5 to win.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I want is xenobladeeeeeeeeeeee a bloo bloo bloo TTTTTTTT_______TTTTTTTT

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    One of those probably will win cause of the fucking fan boys but I really want p5 to win.
    Depends on who is on the vote panel tbh. Zelda and Mario could cannibalize votes and open up for a Persona 5 or PUBG upset but yea, I wouldn't count on it.

I will laugh my ass off at the r/NS meltdown if PUBG won though. I think they could stomach P5 but I don't even play or give a shit about PUBG but recognize the impact it's had on the industry and the salt would be hilarious. Overwatch did take out the big time single player games last year so it's not out of the question either.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-11-15 at 03:15 AM.

They are already talking shit about pubg on there. Complaining that a game in beta shouldn't be up for both

Now I want pubg to win to see all the salt

Smo is great but there's some rushed design decisions in it and Zelda while fun has a not great story and repetitive design. 120 shrines is cool and all but they start to mesh together in a mess
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The hilarious part is the posts that they need to pick one game to "rally" behind. Kids, the internet votes only account for 10%. The panel decides the other 90% of the vote. Your votes don't mean shit, and you're lucky they don't or PUBG would win in a fucking landslide.

https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/st...31953308573697

ARMS version 4.0 releases tomorrow with a new attribute (poison), a new fighter, and a new stage.

new attribute (poison)
    FANG was so forgotten in SFV he decided to move on to ARMS.

Preview embargo of Xenoblade 2 lifts tomorrow. Get hyped!

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/stat...94781180829697

Another Major Driver and thier Blade: Morag and Brighid.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/st...31953308573697

ARMS version 4.0 releases tomorrow with a new attribute (poison), a new fighter, and a new stage.
    I'm not going to say its woolie, but its fucking woolie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here's an update nobody asked for: The special part of New Donk City was absolutely epic. So, yet again, shoutout for the heads up you fine folks gave me about hanging around to see it. I've finished the main story by confronting Bowser, and it's time to start revisiting places to collect moons. I've only got about 300 at the moment, so I'll have many joyous hours out in front of me to spend collecting some more.

So Konami's push for more bomberman support -funnily enough the same week SKN announced going from pachishit back to games has been profitable for them- i joked with friends about a mario maker style castlevania game but it made me think about something: Does nintendo have any policies for 3rd party stuff using the amiibo reader? because it doesnt have to be a plastic toy on a base right? we all saw the articles of russian folks using the chips to get free travel on the russian metro. So what stops a dev using something other than amiibos? just nintendo wanting to keep it in house?

It kind of made me think of this arcade machine at my local cinema. Its a dinosaur fighting game for two players where the machine has a slot that gives out actual cards with a bardcode that you keep as a collection and swipe them to make the dinosaurs have stronger moves. I think its based off a bug sumo game in japan, but it makes you wonder why we havent seen someone try and jump on some form of 'e reader' clone using the amiibo reader tech or something more out there.