Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    except that all the gov't has to do is say "we need that land." boom. case over. this will be even less productive than digging that big ass hole in the ground.
    That's not really true. I mean, even the Bush border fence is still in court. 11 years later. Going at the pace they are, they still have another 5 years or so. Holding up the wall in courts for 16 years can really do some damage. And this is only for 700 miles of fence. Never mind the 2k+ miles Trump wants for his solid wall.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Wh...420761003.html

Bush signed the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which authorized the construction of 700 miles of a physical barrier along the border and resulted in pedestrian fences 18 feet high and other small fences intended to block vehicles.

Of the more than 300 eminent cases brought in south Texas over those fences, 90 are still pending, Olivares said. The cases, which NPR documented in February, were given to one judge in Brownsville.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a barren stretch of desert covered in trash in some portions. Sounds like they'll be getting top dollar. /s
    maybe they want to study the effect trash has on barren borderline and impacts it might have on future obsolete security fixtures.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Removed because the Forum was moved to one showcasing a specific mod who cannot be trusted to be unbiased.

Original statement was quoted, still stand by it.
    Why does not being a complete fucking idiot make me a traitor?
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    maybe they want to study the effect trash has on barren borderline and impacts it might have on future obsolete security fixtures.
    Ah, lemme guess, nevertrumper?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a barren stretch of desert covered in trash in some portions. Sounds like they'll be getting top dollar. /s
    You know what mineral rights are, or where resource value comes from, right? Or do you think trees and water are the only resources on property?

Wait what am I saying, you obviously don't.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    You know what mineral rights are, or where resource value comes from, right? Or do you think trees and water are the only resources on property?

Wait what am I saying, you obviously don't.
    well, minerals are rocks. rocks are part of the land, and therefore it's value. and as someone has to control the land to sell it, they would already have the fucking value of it on file. How does it feel to know your entire political position is in fact just one long REEEEEEEEEEEE because you lost?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if this is them trying to pull a Kevin Spacey since the creator was accused of sexual assault recently as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removed because the Forum was moved to one showcasing a specific mod who cannot be trusted to be unbiased.

I also frequently demonstrate my resolve by getting scared and backtracking, isn't that how everyone shows commitment?

15+ Year Old Account
    well, minerals are rocks. rocks are part of the land, and therefore it's value. and as someone has to control the land to sell it, they would already have the fucking value of it on file. How does it feel to know your entire political position is in fact just one long REEEEEEEEEEEE because you lost?
    You do realize the vast majority of people don't know what is under their feet? Nor do they ever get their land appraised.

And as I said, even if there's nothing there, they'd get their money back.

But that's assuming that it's a quick trial. It won't be. Saying it's a "waste of money" (Just because you're triggered that CAH is going to be tying up any border wall in courts for the next decade) shows just how triggered and naive you are about this.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize the vast majority of people don't know what is under their feet? Nor do they ever get their land appraised.

And as I said, even if there's nothing there, they'd get their money back.

But that's assuming that it's a quick trial. It won't be. Saying it's a "waste of money" (Just because you're triggered that CAH is going to be tying up any border wall in courts for the next decade) shows just how triggered and naive you are about this.
    right. because I'm pointing out that publicity is in fact not a commodity for vast stretches of desert, I'm just some triggered trumpkin, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, those were charity events, but ok, you can leave that part out to make it seem shitty.
    They may have raised awareness for charities, but they explicitly stated that they were not charity events.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian Article
    In an FAQ on the Holiday Hole site, Cards Against Humanity explains that the hole is located in “America. And in our hearts”. There’s no “deeper meaning or purpose” to the hole, the site reads. The FAQ also addresses the question of “Why aren’t you giving all this money to charity?” The game-maker replied: “Why aren’t YOU giving all this money to charity? It’s your money.”

In the past, Cards Against Humanity has donated to charity through its holiday endeavors – for example, by giving its 2012 holiday profits to the Wikimedia Foundation. That the money raised this year is going towards digging a purposeless hole has garnered criticism, as the funds could have been used for much more beneficial purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The 2015 Event
    There's been a lot of speculation about how we would spend the money from Black Friday, and we're happy to announce that this time, we kept it all. Here's what we bought.
    I'm not saying that they don't give to charity at all (they have raised over $4 million for various foundations including Worldbuilders, the Sunlight Foundation, the EFF, DonorsChoose.org, the Wikimedia Foundation, and the Chicago Design Museum) just that these past two years they either kept the money for themselves/decided to waste it as a statement. However, some employees did donate some of their earnings to charity but that was their own doing.

But back to the main topic; it's always funny to read what crazy stunt they do every year and this year is no different.

Deleted
    Anyone opposing the border wall is a traitor.
    Anyone opposing Voter ID Laws is a traitor.
    As opposed to someone who cozies up to an ex-KGB agent and the current Russian president, and believes that specific foreign agent ion question over their own intelligence agencies? That person isn't a traitor?

Also, I suppose everyone saying that the government will just seize the land through eminent domain isn't aware that Cards Against Humanity wastes money doing pointless things that don't really lead to anything. Causing The Donald to go to court over his border fence is just hilarious as hell.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-11-15 at 06:23 AM.

If the wall won't do anything why even bother with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

If you buy the land specifically to impede the governemt you have no legitimate cause and no case to make in court. Political protest or agenda are not a legitimate concern when planning and building laws are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by voidkt View Post
    It's really not. It's actually very tame and follows a certain type of thinking to what constitutes acceptable "offensiveness". Go to /pol/ or the old fatpeoplehate & coontown subreddits before they got purged; that's "being as politically incorrect and offensive as possible for the lulz". This card game is like a wholesome family picnic from the 50's in comparison.
    Thinking /pol/ can be purged rather then /pol/ doing the purging... o you.

Maybe that's because your statement was garbage. I'm going to go ahead and stick with freedom on this one... it's a shame that conservatism is dead in this country.

- - - Updated - - -

except that all the gov't has to do is say "we need that land." boom. case over. this will be even less productive than digging that big ass hole in the ground.
    Man, I love it when conservatives rally against freedom, limited government, and the free markets. It makes it clear that they abhor such things.

Anyone opposing the border wall is a traitor.
    Anyone opposing Voter ID Laws is a traitor.

There I said it.
    You poor thing, I liked your post you should have stuck with it, can i add to it though?

Anyone opposed to LGBT rights is a traitor.
    Anyone opposed to abortion is a traitor.
    Anyone opposed to stronger regulations on the purchase of guns is a traitor.

This is fun, imagine all the things that we can all agree with if we just call people traitors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floofi View Post
    They may have raised awareness for charities, but they explicitly stated that they were not charity events.
    You didn't get the joke then. They actually gave that money to charity, after paying the work crew of course. But what can we expect from the typical triggered regressive Trumpkin. They complain about people not getting jokes, then don't get jokes, get triggered, get mad, demand everyone conform to their own PC that they don't call PC, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidkt View Post
    It's really not. It's actually very tame and follows a certain type of thinking to what constitutes acceptable "offensiveness". Go to /pol/ or the old fatpeoplehate & coontown subreddits before they got purged; that's "being as politically incorrect and offensive as possible for the lulz". This card game is like a wholesome family picnic from the 50's in comparison.
    Yeah, sorry, guess I was wrong. They don't go as far as "nigger cunt kyke feminazi hags", but you obviously played a single card pack, there's some pretty offensive stuff in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Lawyers can't really stop eminent domain, so they're wasting their money, but k.
    Sure you can. You can challenge the underlying claim. The claim in this case is that the US needs a wall to protect its southern border. If you can show a case that it's not a public necessity (especially in light of its supposed effectiveness), you could win. Considering the tunnels, ladders, and catapults that are already in existence, there's at least a case there they'd have to try in court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

“The Wall” will never get built. At least not here in Texas.