Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm still confused as to why the Nightbone would join when Thalyssra specifically said "I will see to it that the Nightborne rejoin the the world as saviors , not conquerers" when the Horde is doing the exact opposite with Teldrassil.

Like I get it, Liadrin was nicer blah blah but she idoes not represent the entire faction. It's like an entire race got bamboozled by a single blood elf.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    I'm still confused as to why the Nightbone would join when Thalyssra specifically said "I will see to it that the Nightborne rejoin the the world as saviors , not conquerers" when the Horde is doing the exact opposite with Teldrassil.

Like I get it, Liadrin was nicer blah blah but she idoes not represent the entire faction. It's like an entire race got bamboozled by a single blood elf.
    It is more like: "The Nightborne will rejoin the world as saviors against the Legion, not conquerers with them".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone92 View Post
    In Rise of the horde warlocks used fel magics to forced children to grow unnaturally for get the max number of soldier to fight against draeneis, but humans have more childs than orcs, and faster. And dude, skills matters more than a big size (If we are talking about humans and orcs). You can be a big orc, but if your enemy is better with his weapon and it stab you, you're dead, don't worry of your size. You can see in the cinematic how anduin, a 17 years old priest, killed easily 2 orcs, and Anduin isn't know for being a big warrior like his father.
    And remember that orcs has beaten ogres in numerous wars, which are immensely superior to the orcs, so the size isn't all (Or we would be fucked agains demons).
    just read the wiki man.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    just read the wiki man.
    So Thrall is pretty much infertile by orc standards? As was his father apparently. Because he certainly seems to not be part or having sired a big litter yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AldoChat View Post
    It is more like: "The Nightborne will rejoin the world as saviors against the Legion, not conquerers with them".
    It's still gonna take one hell of a lobbyist if they are gonna join the team that just pulled Hiroshima right after a civil war.

It's still gonna take one hell of a lobbyist if they are gonna join the team that just pulled Hiroshima right after a civil war.
    no only take blizzard few minutes to shit over the lore once again and pull another retarded war
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So Thrall is pretty much infertile by orc standards? As was his father apparently. Because he certainly seems to not be part or having sired a big litter yet.
    Well, he can open a club with Malfurion and Tyrande then.

Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    In Pandaria, when Garrosh committed his atrocities, Jaina rounded up the Sunreavers and imprisoned them. Which for a tiny bit made Dalaran technically "Alliance." In Legion, Khadgar forced Dalaran's neutrality again and made them accept Aethas back onto the Council of Six, and Jaina quit instead.
    The Council of Six voted to allow the Horde back into Dalaran; Khadgar didn't "force" anything. From the end of Mists of Pandaria to Legion, Dalaran was allied with Alliance. They were hostile to the Horde. But if you went to Dalaran during WoD, it was still neutral, because that's when Northrend-Dalaran is set.

I'm saying they're going to do the same thing to Suramar. It'll be "allied" with the Horde, but you'll still see it as neutral if you go there as an Alliance player in Battle for Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    That's at least what Zul's followers said. it seems to be in pretty good shape in BfA, the only region majorly affected by the Shattering seems to be the swamp
    It has been a fair chunk of time since the Cataclysm. I assume the Zandalari loyalists who didn't fuck off with Zul to conquer the universe stayed to rebuild.

However, they specifically stay out of the swamp because of Hakkar the Soulflayer's blood trolls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailil View Post
    How any of the factions have any soldiers left?
    Both of them should have shit for a army after cata, maybe before

In other words, there's no place for consistency and logistics in warcraft lore so dont bother with it
    This pretty much, we've been at constant war with eachother and against heaps of villains and their minions, all in the span of 15 years at most,

We should not have any troops left at thispoint.

On topic: The Alliance needs superior tech and numbers because the Horde has two races, orcs and tauren that are much stronger than your average Alliance soldier. In game tauren are scaled down to let them walk through doors and whatnot, in lore they're massive, BfA is a good example, they're big enough to crush a human's skull with one hand.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    This pretty much, we've been at constant war with eachother and against heaps of villains and their minions, all in the span of 15 years at most,

On topic: The Alliance needs superior tech and numbers because the Horde has two races, orcs and tauren that are much stronger than your average Alliance soldier. In game tauren are scaled down to let them walk through doors and whatnot, in lore they're massive, BfA is a good example, they're big enough to crush a human's skull with one hand.
    yeah. but they don't wear armor in lore, and spear+chest=steak dinner.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

- Horde has always been way behind in terms of technology. With Cataclysm giving them Goblins, they've since gone up dramatically, but are still years and years behind Alliance tech.
    - Horde loses a huge portion of their military with MoP (Siege of Orgrimmar).
    - Alliance gains a race that can control the void. Horde may be gaining huge numbers in BfA with the Zandalari (which is arguably the biggest of the Allied races compared to any of the other 5), but their relative power gain is puny compared to LF Draenei and Void Elves. DI Dwarves are also pretty dang good.
    - Alliance loses an island in Kalimdor. Horde loses their biggest foothold on EK. Who really lost here?

TL;DR: Horde are way behind in pretty much every way. They already controlled pretty much all of Kalimdor anyway; burning Teldrassil doesn't really change much since it's just an island.

With Z Trolls added, Horde arguably have better numbers, but that doesn't mean much when the other side has a much tighter-knit group of races (Horde has ALWAYS been neutral/at each others throats. Alliance has always been tight-knit) and have much better tech. Not to mention the power of VOID is a pretty powerful weapon to have in a war. AFAIK, Horde didn't really gain any special powers with BfA. They already had hoodoo voodoo; Z Trolls don't really add anything new.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-11-15 at 06:19 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    - Horde has always been way behind in terms of technology. With Cataclysm giving them Goblins, they've since gone up dramatically, but are still years and years behind Alliance tech.
    - Alliance gains a race that can control the void. Horde may be gaining huge numbers in BfA with the Zandalari (which is arguably the biggest of the Allied races compared to any of the other 5), but their relative power gain is puny compared to LF Draenei and Void Elves. DI Dwarves are also pretty dang good.
    - Alliance loses an island in Kalimdor. Horde loses their biggest foothold on EK. Who really lost here?

TL;DR: Horde are way behind in pretty much every way. They already controlled pretty much all of Kalimdor anyway; burning Teldrassil doesn't really change much since it's just an island.

With Z Trolls added, Horde arguably have better numbers, but that doesn't mean much when the other side has a much tighter-knit group of races (Horde has ALWAYS been neutral/at each others throats. Alliance has always been tight-knit) and have much better tech. Not to mention the power of VOID is a pretty powerful weapon to have in a war. AFAIK, Horde didn't really gain any special powers with BfA. They already had hoodoo voodoo; Z Trolls don't really add anything new.
    One correction: Teldrassil is in fact a tree. not an island.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    yeah. but they don't wear armor in lore, and spear+chest=steak dinner.
    In the lore I reckon the tauren are pretty similar to the giant Jon Snow fought alongside, i.e pretty tanky,

And they've got a lot of them,

But yeah, not a lot of armor on Horde races that's very true, but then again they ARE savages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

Keep in mind that in the lore void elves are veeery few in numbers, and both sides have had shadow priests since vanilla, the forsaken have an entire faction full of them.

You're giving the void elves too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by ANeM View Post
    Alliance get Lightforge Draenei, a small splinter faction with no real land or resources....
    Right ~ just a Vindicaar and the technology to create Lightforged Warframes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    While saving him in Cata, we saw a vision of his future children. Did that not happen yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    This is why

What if they'd told us then this little boy was going to lead a successful assault on Undercity?
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-11-15 at 06:52 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    One correction: Teldrassil is in fact a tree. not an island.
    I know that but I was referring to the burning of Teldrassil as "the taking over of the island", which I assume the Horde is doing.

Keep in mind that in the lore void elves are veeery few in numbers, and both sides have had shadow priests since vanilla, the forsaken have an entire faction full of them.

You're giving the void elves too much credit.
    SPriests have only started to dabble in Void magic (I mean they literally weren't until Legion) whereas we have a race that can manipulate it.

Also classes aren't really in the lore (see Anduin the Priest in plate armor and using 2h weapons) sooooooooo... yeah.

Finally, just because a race is small in number (despite it probably going to end up being the most played Alliance race come Legion...), doesn't mean their power isn't big.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

You guys ever notice how pretty much every "hero character"( i think that's what Blizz called them) is Alliance?

Alliance
    -Alleria
    -Khadgar
    -Jaina
    -Turalyon
    -Anduin
    -Malfurion
    -Tyrande
    -Velen
    -more i'm probably missing

Horde
    -Sylvanas now that we know she can do stuff from the BfA cinematic

...and that's it. Rommath might be powerful but he literally hasn't casted a single spell in his entire existence. Everyone else on the Horde side is either a warrior/hunter(Saurfang, Baine, Lor'themar, Rexar, Halduron etc) which the Alliance also has in spades, completely incompetent(Aethas) or memed until they were disenchanted and kicked in the balls(Thrall).

It's like the Horde isn't allowed to have powerful characters for some reason. Right now the best magi, priests, paladins, void users, druids etc are all Alliance. Now throw in the technology + population advantages already mentioned in this thread and I struggle to see how anyone could get into a faction war that is so certifiably one-sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    While saving him in Cata, we saw a vision of his future children. Did that not happen yet?
    A big litter would usually imply that each birth would come with many children, even ignoring that their birthing cycles are certainly not the length of coalas (and not needing and extra round in the bag). Even if we account for some inherent enviromental repopulation method that an pretend the horde is secretly like 80% kids, that would still not work. Even if we go with the "an orc is physically mature when reaching his/her teens", they'd still not have enough time to repopulate that fast, since in the actual timeline only 1 or 2 years pass over one expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Well, he can open a club with Malfurion and Tyrande then.
    But there is a big diference: Night elves and Draeneis have very fewer childs because they live thousands of years (Draeneis even more).

Not every alliance races, in Wolfhearts worgens beat Orcs and Magnataurs armies. Magnataurs are masive, much bigger than tauren. If they can beat magnataurs, they will beat Taurens. And Dwarves can match against orcs. Against draeneis, its the opposite: orcs need outnumber them to win (Rise of the horde). And gnomes will be alway outnumbered since they are one of the less populated races, but their hight tech, robots and weapons, have to be the other races more numerous to be able to beat them. Actually I'm sure if gnomes war against taurens, gnomes would win, because the air planes, machine guns, giants robots, cannons, mines and other stuffs.

In the lore I reckon the tauren are pretty similar to the giant Jon Snow fought alongside, i.e pretty tanky,

And they've got a lot of them,
    No, lol, there isnt alot of taurens, they are one of the less populated races, almost wiped by centaurs, and they aren't that big, here you have the sizes: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Tauren. The weight its 650-1000lbs.
    They weight the same that a horse, lol. Spears and pikes was weapons capable to destroy the heavy cavalry, it will has the same effect against taurens.
    Last edited by mmoc8dbfc1017b; 2017-11-15 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

this is true. originally tauren were scaled down in game actually to let them pass through doors, especially the arch ways in the undercity where they would get stuck

- - - Updated - - -

You guys ever notice how pretty much every "hero character"( i think that's what Blizz called them) is Alliance?

Alliance
    -Alleria
    -Khadgar
    -Jaina
    -Turalyon
    -Anduin
    -Malfurion
    -Tyrande
    -Velen
    -more i'm probably missing

Horde
    -Sylvanas now that we know she can do stuff from the BfA cinematic

...and that's it. Rommath might be powerful but he literally hasn't casted a single spell in his entire existence. Everyone else on the Horde side is either a warrior/hunter(Saurfang, Baine, Lor'themar, Rexar, Halduron etc) which the Alliance also has in spades, completely incompetent(Aethas) or memed until they were disenchanted and kicked in the balls(Thrall).

It's like the Horde isn't allowed to have powerful characters for some reason. Right now the best magi, priests, paladins, void users, druids etc are all Alliance. Now throw in the technology + population advantages already mentioned in this thread and I struggle to see how anyone could get into a faction war that is so certifiably one-sided.
    dude....thrall.

I see your point though. but you should note, this planet is not actually a horde planet. they are not natives here but refugees. humans, night elves, dwarves, gnomes have been living here for ages.

the tauren were never great conquerors, and the trolls imploded upon themselves, but they once were strong enough to beat back the Aqir. If every single orc had made it through from draenor to azeroth i believe things would have been different. especially if they were situated in better lands rather than the barrens. it was not until cata that garrosh started to make use of ashevale resources. thrall would not due to peace treaties.

paladin, druid, priest and magi is human/night elf culture. the orcs bring shamanism,and warrior culture, and ull note they have the best of those.

but this is also how it has to be. without the horde the alliance would just be something far simpler. the horde gives it purpose gives it competition. without the horde azeroth would be pretty damn boring. Not to mention as noted in MoP, no single faction is capable of holding back the OGs when they attack (lorewalker scenario)