Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Less Armor Sets Per Tier? RIP Class Apperances?

Is Blizzard getting lazy? Or am I misreading the new interview? In Legion we had dozens of weapon appearances and 12 armor sets per tier. One per class. Is blizzard reducing the amount of cosmetic appearances per tier since theyre removing tier class bonuses? Or are we still getting 12 sets like always, just without the set bonuses? God, I hope they arent planning on giving us like half or less of what we got before. It's bad enough they removed unique PvP armor. Now they're reducing it even more?

Deleted
    What was wrong with the other thread?

That's what i'm getting from it. RIP WoW if it's the case.

Just removing the set bonuses so people aren't locked down. About time they got rid of that.

Well, they said they're going to do design themed by the place they come from, not the class. I like that, especially as someone who mains monk, I would appreciate armor that doesn't look like some bad Ronald McDonald cosplay.

As for appearance set count - I hope they will keep up some decent number, though I wouldn't be surprised if there were less - it's the price for more detailed design after all.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are talking about the set bonuses, which are being baked into the new system..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Indeed.

I'm in the same exact boat, if they scrap Class-specific appearances and go with Cloth/Leather/Mail/Plate themed, then I'm out for good. I mean, if the gear will be generic like that, then I better play some Korean MMO that looks 10x better anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    They are talking about the set bonuses, which are being baked into the new system..
    - Gear will be more heavily themed to the place it comes from.

Sounds a lot like like transmog you get from ToV or Chromie scenario these days ...

The Trial of Valor sets are some of the highest quality sets in game. I think were more likely to see Higher quality sets at a faster rate since they cut the amount down to 1/3.

Disclaimer im talking quality. You might not like ToV sets but no set since has had the amount of 3D applications or texture quality. So there is that. I mean id rather have that then get the shit tier level mythic HFC sets potentially which just had blackish goop dumped over the helmets and shoulders.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Indeed.

I'm in the same exact boat, if they scrap Class-specific appearances and go with Cloth/Leather/Mail/Plate themed, then I'm out for good. I mean, if the gear will be generic like that, then I better play some Korean MMO that looks 10x better anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

- Gear will be more heavily themed to the place it comes from.

Sounds a lot like like transmog you get from ToV or Chromie scenario these days ...
    They could be which is a good idea, also I think if this is the case it could be that the art crew could be running out of good armor styles especially after 13 years..

Yeah my current concern with this is that there will actually be overall fewer sets leaving everyone looking similar and more so than before. Of course there's transmog, but that doesn't excuse laziness.

yea real great. right when we start getting good 3d armor now everyone with the same armor types gonna look the same.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    Yeah my current concern with this is that there will actually be overall fewer sets leaving everyone looking similar and more so than before. Of course there's transmog, but that doesn't excuse laziness.
    There is laziness and then there is running out of ideas for good looking believable armor sets..

if this means hunters wont keep getting ugly animal furry skin armor, i'm all for it

To be honest it smells like the lazy trial of the grand crusader sets all over again. We will see I guess. I get what they said and I agree that in legion you were locked into too many pieces, which blocked progression paths needlessly, which would have continued with azerite pieces as well. I just hope the art will still be decent and class themed, because in a naga and troll expansion so far I sure as hell don't want to look like either.

Deleted
    There is laziness and then there is running out of ideas for good looking believable armor sets..
    Indeed. Especially now, when they can focus on making other pieces more interesting instead of just shoulders and helm, which was the case for 10 years ...

Deleted
    This means 2 things:
    - they will probably stop making 12 set appearances per raid tier... being a turn-off
    - the 1st appearance in BfA will be old-god themed... yay for insect/flesh looking sets ... being even more of a turn-off

Shaping up to be real-nice expansion. -.-

They could be which is a good idea, also I think if this is the case it could be that the art crew could be running out of good armor styles especially after 13 years..
    How the heck do you run out of those? Especially in fantasy, where you are not limited by anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    it wasnt focused discussion regarding the art only. it was talking too much about the bonuses and stats. This thread is specifically for the art and lack of class appearances.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    yea real great. right when we start getting good 3d armor now everyone with the same armor types gonna look the same.
    my biggest issue is that unique diversity. Less armor means everyone in your armor class will end up looking the same unless you mog to old sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    Yeah like I've said in other threads I'm worried about this too...they didn't have to design weapons last expansion so they're pushing it even further this expansion and making less armor sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Yeah like I've said in other threads I'm worried about this too...they didn't have to design weapons last expansion so they're pushing it even further this expansion and making less armor sets.
    the funny thing is they designed more weapons in legion than any other expansion. High quality, spec specific weapons. Now we're just gonna move back to less weapons and half or less tier set art? That's scary. It's almost like Legion was too much for them to handle art wise. If you look at the argus weapons and how lazy most of them look compared to the artifacts and the 7.3 dungeon sets vs tier sets. Thats worrying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    the funny thing is they designed more weapons in legion than any other expansion. High quality, spec specific weapons. Now we're just gonna move back to less weapons and half or less tier set art? That's scary. It's almost like Legion was too much for them to handle art wise. If you look at the argus weapons and how lazy most of them look compared to the artifacts and the 7.3 dungeon sets vs tier sets. Thats worrying
    Well a lot of the work was done in the alpha/beta so they never had a whole lot to work on...never had a to make a single quest weapon, dungeon weapon, or raid weapon for all the stuff they added over the expansion and they got away with it.

So I think they're just pushing the envelop one step further...seeing if this will work.