Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    I think people are having a hard time with "as close to that original World of Warcraft experience as possible"

I think class balance should be involved. It was the main complaints players had at the time, it seems like some just don't remember some of the bad things with Vanilla.
    Blizzard says things like, we need class balance. It really means we want all classes to be equal so that nobody feels like they are better or worse than others. And on top of that they remove most class abilities so nobody gets singled out on raid night. If it was only a numbers thing I would support it, but it really means that we are now giving all classes a blink ability because the shaman felt bad that he only had ghost wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by redeyesbl View Post
    Why so? What do you want to do in vanilla that would be affected if lets say they give prot paladin a taunt and some mana regen? Or if they buffed moonking dps do they would be somewhat competent dps so you can bring them to raids
    More specs are viable would that totally ruin your vanilla experience?
    Because if you buff Prot Paladins to be viable main tanks, Then you will now need to buff Shamans to be viable main tanks.

If you buff moonkins dps, and they are still able to have good off healing and dispel (abolish poison/decurse) you risk not only making them viable, but removing any reason to bring other classes.

Short answer: yes.
    Long answer: yesyes.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by methwow View Post
    My Favourite quoute

A word of warning: we're seeing a huge increasing in outgoing forum moderation and punishments for harassment and toxicity from people who are participating in this forum without an active subscription. We would very much like to keep this option open, as I personally realize that Classic players may not necessarily play in Legion. However, if it becomes the best move for our community, and to maintain a constructive environment, I am not opposed to flipping the switch and returning this forum to subscribers only. Please be mindful of how you are treating each other, and please make sure your posts are constructive and provide good context for the thread you may be posting in. Thanks!

A shit ton of people from reddit are spamming these forums and its obvious they don't have a sub seeing as they post on low level characters. These players are being toxic as fuck and shitting on people for playing Legion. These are the players who will cause the dev's to make the forum Sub only and those players will no longer have a voice.
    And niether will the other people who spent time and money for WoW, who dont want to play what they consider a trash game. If you played wow for any amount of time and spent 15 a month to do so, the least they could do is let you voice your opinion. Blizz is so hungry for subs that they are now trying to make trolls sub in order to troll. brilliant.

Why so? What do you want to do in vanilla that would be affected if lets say they give prot paladin a taunt and some mana regen? Or if they buffed moonking dps do they would be somewhat competent dps so you can bring them to raids
    paladins are buff bots and healers in vanilla, people want a vanilla experience, this is the vanilla experience. paladins can tank lower level dungeons and dps in lower levels. they can pvp as ret. but in raids they were healers. that is the vanilla experience, if rets are dps'ing or prot paladins tanking in raids and not buffing/healing then you arent playing classic. you are playing some kind of Frankenstein wow. just stop please, you obviously don't want to play classic. please let the people that do want to play it, able to play it. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    If they don't want to change class balance, why the fuck they ask the community about it? Makes zero sense, just stirring shit.
    I for one will be out if anything major changes in balance, QoL or pve difficulty.
    Chill. So far all this is just talk in the wind. Blizzard obviously wants to see which way it blows before they commit themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tulis View Post
    paladins are buff bots and healers in vanilla, people want a vanilla experience, this is the vanilla experience. paladins can tank lower level dungeons and dps in lower levels. they can pvp as ret. but in raids they were healers. that is the vanilla experience, if rets are dps'ing or prot paladins tanking in raids and not buffing/healing then you arent playing classic. you are playing some kind of Frankenstein wow. just stop please, you obviously don't want to play classic. please let the people that do want to play it, able to play it. thank you.
    How would me playing a ret paladin affect your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by kenoathcarn View Post
    Because if you buff Prot Paladins to be viable main tanks, Then you will now need to buff Shamans to be viable main tanks.

If you buff moonkins dps, and they are still able to have good off healing and dispel (abolish poison/decurse) you risk not only making them viable, but removing any reason to bring other classes.
    Tbf, the enha tree looked like tank tree, that just never got finished with giving taunt, some more cooldowns and mail tank gear (there was that mail chest in aq40 that was the closest to mail tank gear)

Otherwise the tree had stuff like increased stamina, increased block, increased dodge. Some of the shaman shocks were also high threat. Didn't play one in Vanilla, but I always hoped they'd turn it into tank when playing shaman in BC and wotlk, when all those tanky talents were still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

For those that want to give their feedback to blizzard and are cool to fill in a survey make sure to visit http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post48038447 and fill it in via the link posted there. Blizzard are supposedly monitoring the survey.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

this is becoming a bad idea very very fast.

Don't understand why they don't just do separate servers.

Classic as it was.

Classic with QoL/tuning. And possibly throw in new player created content.

I mean what's the harm? You give people a choice then.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Classic as it was.

I dunno if seperating what is likely to be a smallish playerbase is the best idea, but I suppose it's entirely possible they do just that.

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

Well, it's only talking about it.

Classic as it was.

This sounds like a good idea. Everyone gets what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    I dunno if seperating what is likely to be a smallish playerbase is the best idea, but I suppose it's entirely possible they do just that.
    The problem right now is though there is a lot of squabbling over what Vanilla should be. I know squabbling sounds like a silly word but that's what it is.

So to basically resolve it this would be a better solution. Both sides get what they want in the end.

Me personally I'll play the Vanilla server as is. Probably take a look at the QoL server if they did it but no way in hell I could dedicate time to 2 versions of Vanilla and retail.

The problem right now is though there is a lot of squabbling over what Vanilla should be. I know squabbling sounds like a silly word but that is what it is.

So to basically resolve it this would be a better solution. Both sides get what they want in the end.
    That's fair enough and I can see some merit in that, and there is a possibility that they do that, but I suppose it again comes down to how many people actually want a "pure" experience versus those who want some changes. If one camp is really tiny, then it's not worth the resources imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Tbf, the enha tree looked like tank tree, that just never got finished with giving taunt, some more cooldowns and mail tank gear (there was that mail chest in aq40 that was the closest to mail tank gear)

Otherwise the tree had stuff like increased stamina, increased block, increased dodge. Some of the shaman shocks were also high threat. Didn't play one in Vanilla, but I always hoped they'd turn it into tank when playing shaman in BC and wotlk, when all those tanky talents were still there.
    To be honest, if any class didn't need a taunt, it was shaman, between rockbiter and earth shock, the mob was glued to you, the issue you had was definitely not threat.

But even if you could somehow get mail tanking gear, They still suffered from the same issue as Prot Paladins and Ferals in that you couldn't get crushing blow immunity against hard hitting bosses

meanwhile warriors had an easy time with Shield Block (75% block chance on a 5sec cooldown for 2 attacks. 1 baseline +1 from improved shield block).

Edit: the irony here being that prot paladins and feral druids actually become better small-group tanks as warriors become more geared because warriors would just end up rage starved, and unlike warriors, feral druids in bear form would still gain rage when dodging attacks.
    Last edited by kenoathcarn; 2017-11-15 at 09:13 AM.

Deleted
    One thing I will never understand is players not wanting classes to do things they were meant to be able to.

Fair enough, if paladin only had holy paladin in vanilla and ret and prot were added later then yes, I'd say keep it that way,

But every class had 3 specs, and all 3 were meant to be viable,

But they weren't for one reason or another,

Why not make them viable, and make the game that Blizzard wanted to make but couldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    We were the heretics of the World of Warcraft community, persecuted much like the Jews were in previous centuries. Nobody wanted to do anything with us and Blizzard didn't even want to acknowledge we existed.
    Tone down the melodrama a tad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    Tone down the melodrama a tad.
    That's what I was thinking too

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smooshtheman View Post
    Blizzard says things like, we need class balance. It really means we want all classes to be equal so that nobody feels like they are better or worse than others. And on top of that they remove most class abilities so nobody gets singled out on raid night. If it was only a numbers thing I would support it, but it really means that we are now giving all classes a blink ability because the shaman felt bad that he only had ghost wolf.
    Thats not what I mean when I refer to class balance. Balancing dps or heals does not mean what it does now. I guess I should have been more elaborate.

They're promoting discussion, not the actual changes. Discussion is good, discuss more.