Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Because being 942 equipped when I got 947 sitting in my bags is so exciting...
    Tier bonus > Item level then

It's absurd how focused players are on item level. If the bonus is better than 5 item levels you're going to keep the bonus, if not you're going to change your equipment. What's the deal?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    ...Kill the raiding scene because we don't have tier bonuses. Heh, yeah okay.

I see his point, It does not feel good having some ilevel 940 (example) piece of gear go unused because my 925 set bonus item is too important and my legendaries take up the other slots I could use.
    because you are not suppposed to slap whatever has ilvl on brianlessly. if it's not an upgrade because it worse than 925 tier piece then it's not an upgrade, it can be ilvl 1000 and won't bother me one bit
    Last edited by Aaronioslo; 2017-11-15 at 09:07 AM.

More reasons to have more RNG. Hahaha.

For people who doesn't get it:
    If you have TF/WF in the game, then you have higher probably that you're going to change your gear.

Seriosuly? You probably don't even sim yourself or play this game. It's obvious that some gear is going to be worse, even with the higher ilvl. Or you're just a guy who only wants high ilvl instead of being good? Tier bonuses > ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by turbosnail View Post
    He's actually right. In a game where Ilvl exists as a "scale" of how good a player is, having to gimp yourself for set bonuses is stupid as shit
    ilvl < stats, everyone knows that. It was, it is and it will be always the same.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-11-15 at 09:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Currently i have to drop about 6 overall ilvl to wear my tier. Honestly not really gonna miss tier as long as the heart of azeroth gives fun/impactful bonuses.
    That's an argument for making raid ilevels higher.

so why raid at all when u can just q for random keys and get better gear?

Deleted
    If you want to base everything on ilevel, you'll have tocampaign to get rid of stats as well. Because if let's say you're a warlock and that higher level item has versaility, you'll carry on using the lower piece with mastery.

And oh yeah, we'll have to get rid of trinket effects as well.

I didn't think it would be tier sets, but the less they need to manage the better for overall class balancing.
    I will just say that this never works for them in reality.

They sang the same song during ability pruning and removals of things like enchant slots / gem slots / glyphs / etc, in Legion. That was supposed to be just superb for PVP in particular. Because there is less stuff to balance bla bla bla, exactly what you say above. So, did it become better? Well, no. It didn't.

Same for "the fixed format of 20 people will allow us to create super-great fights in mythic raids which will blow you up" - nothing much came out of it, there continue to be interesting fights and overtuned crap and undertuned crap and "who the hell thought of this" crap all over, not seeing any huge jumps in quality.

Same for "having no flying allows us to make super-cool memorable experiences on the ground" - in reality all this boiled down to is "if we let you fly on Antorus you will see that the sky is a bended picture because it was slightly simpler for us to do it that way".

Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nospmas View Post
    While I won't mourn the loss of the bonuses themselves. I will miss that start of a raid tier looking though all the sets and seeing which class has the best looking sets. Hopefully their will be enough different sets per armor type in a tier that it won't just be 1 plate set look, 1 leather set look, etc...
    This is my main concern. I do exactly the same thing when new content is coming out. Funnily enough, back before transmog, tier sets used to determine which class I'd raid with that patch. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    so why raid at all when u can just q for random keys and get better gear?
    'cos it's so easy getting a large group of people to turn up every week to do a raid just for the funz, anyone who did Emerald Nightmare surely knows this lol

im ok with the loss of set bonuses
    as long as there are still "sets" i am happy because lets face it a good set ups your dps by 50%
    right now if i want an alt to be raid ready i have to do lfr for the set bonus but imagine if the 2 and 4 set bonus was just baked into a single piece of gear via the heart mechanic

this allows you to wear gear based on stats instead of "hmmm this has much more agi but i lose my 4 set....nah im staying weaker"

im on board for this i just want to see what the bonuses we may get via the heart are

i see no negative

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomind View Post
    This is my main concern. I do exactly the same thing when new content is coming out. Funnily enough, back before transmog, tier sets used to determine which class I'd raid with that patch. xD
    we arent losing sets just the bonuses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I will just say that this never works for them in reality.

They sang the same song during ability pruning and removals of things like enchant slots / gem slots / glyphs / etc, in Legion. That was supposed to be just superb for PVP in particular. Because there is less stuff to balance bla bla bla, exactly what you say above. So, did it become better? Well, no. It didn't.

Same for "the fixed format of 20 people will allow us to create super-great fights in mythic raids which will blow you up" - nothing much came out of it, there continue to be interesting fights and overtuned crap and undertuned crap and "who the hell thought of this" crap all over, not seeing any huge jumps in quality.

Same for "having no flying allows us to make super-cool memorable experiences on the ground" - in reality all this boiled down to is "if we let you fly on Antorus you will see that the sky is a bended picture because it was slightly simpler for us to do it that way".

Etc.
    Yeah, no flying and making the ground a PITA to navigate was so transparently "it makes you play more hours to do the same thing"

Mor eorless admitted to iirc, they said the Broken Shore design let people burn through it too fast (i.e. you could grind through the crappy bits in a few days!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    'cos it's so easy getting a large group of people to turn up every week to do a raid just for the funz, anyone who did Emerald Nightmare surely knows this lol
    lets say azerite gear from the dungeon you just ran drops and it has really nice traits

but the gear from the raid isnt just stronger it has traits you cant find on dungeon gear

there problem solved welcome back set bonuses and the system BfA is going to use

Can we have something interesting to replace it with then?

Legendaries were OK, but a bit too much grind for my liking. Stats are pretty dull, it just means your playstyle doesn't really change through the expansion, which feels like it will be stifling. We need gear with interesting effects that can drastically alter the way a class feels.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Seriosuly? You probably don't even sim yourself or play this game. It's obvious that some gear is going to be worse, even with the higher ilvl. Or you're just a guy who only wants high ilvl instead of being good? Tier bonuses > ilvl.
    I'm not sure how my post could possibly lead you to this conclusion. The whole reason I'm sitting on 947 ilvl worth of gear and only wearing 942 equipped is BECAUSE of sims and tier bonuses. Also, the argument that I'd still have the same issue because of stat weights is moot. I'm sitting with 940+ items with perfect secondary stats because my tier set (which is mostly all below 940 to boot) is better even though the individual pieces are complete shit in terms of secondary stats.

Yeah, that shit sucks, I'm gimping myself out of a Haste breakpoint because Blizzard can't fucking design tier sets that also have good stats on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    "With sets and cosmetic appearances we're always trying new things. We're currently not planning on carrying forward traditional raid class sets," says Hazzikostas. So we're going to have artwise, the gear will be more heavily themed from the place it comes. There's more customization we want to express through the new Azerite system. I think class sets have changed a lot over a years of World of Warcraft. Back in the day, these 8 piece sets you would put together over the course of 6 to 8 months raiding a zone, where now the smaller sets and so many more sources of gear, it's very common to get 2 or 4 pieces at the start of a tier and it actually kind of locks down those character slots, it limits your choices. It feels like more of a drawback than a strength at this point."

Quote from Ion himself.

Opinions?
    it sound like the easy (and retarded) solution they always use when people complain: just remove the source instead of trying to fix it.

Tier sets are the bread and butter of raiding, you do them and farm them for months just to complete that tier, what will remain after they remove it? A grind for azerite that sound like a mix of artifact power and the shit from wod?

If anything they should have created more set like diablo where a class has 3-4 sets that suit different play styles, more miniset like the double sword for ww barb etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

The funny thing is that people think they won't carry items because of the "ilvl" equipped/in bag. You will still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Tier sets are the bread and butter of raiding, you do them and farm them for months just to complete that tier, what will remain after they remove it? A grind for azerite that sound like a mix of artifact power and the shit from wod?
    Battle for Grindroth!

Sad to see them constantly making the game worse though. Item levels is the only thing that matters? Then how about making item level difference smaller instead? Or how about stop the ilvl focus all together?

WoW under Ian is WoW under Elitist Jerks. It's all about the numbers. Your item level, making all talents as good as each other, making all secondary stats as good as each other... Who cares about unique and cool looking gear when you can reuse the same item names on all different difficulties and "titanforged" variants? All in the name of making the numbers work.
    Feeding your pet, as a way of roleplaying and connecting with your pet? DOES NOT COMPUTE TO NUMBERS ELIMINATE
    Buying arrows to shoot for role playing purposes? DOES NOT COMPUTE TO NUMBERS ELIMINATE
    Class quests to get abilities? DOES NOT COMPUTE TO NUMBERS ELIMINATE
    Training skills from a master of your class? DOES NOT COMPUTE TO NUMBERS ELIMINATE

I would be upset about this but ever since the announcement of Classic servers, I don't care.

15+ Year Old Account
    The casual scrub in me agrees with it. And I have horrible RNG with tier sets. Never have I gotten a full set! So perhaps it's for the best.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    The casual scrub in me agrees with it. And I have horrible RNG with tier sets. Never have I gotten a full set! So perhaps it's for the best.
    The casual scrub in you (and me, at least on alts) had full sets before from PVP and LFR. Time flies...

I don't particularly care about tier bonuses because each piece of Azerite gear will have a few traits, which means we'll have at least three 1-piece bonuses, possibly more that we can mix and match in the same raid, instead of a 2p and a 4p.

I'm more worried about the set appereances. I'm sure each piece of Azerite gear will have two others that visually match, but will there be a few (probably no more than three, but maybe less) cloth sets that mages, priests and warlocks will be able to equip?

I like being able to collect all sets with one character and being able to tmog them with other characters of the same armor type, but strictly raid-themed sets remove class identity, as we saw in ToC. A whole expansion without class-themed sets doesn't sound too great.

There's also the possibility that they make these sets very similar, and that way they don't need to design as many belts, gloves, pants, etc.