Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    But you can technically function without a set, having 3 items be that much lower ilvl cause.... actually there's no reason, they're probably going to roll the same base ilvl as everything else, if it were todays ilvl you'd see a 930 azerite piece.
    "that much lower"

What? It's literally 15 item levels. That isn't going to kill you at all. The tier set bonuses were worth WAY more than 15 item levels. Tier set bonuses are usually around 6-10% of a dps increase. 15 item levels of three pieces of gear is maybe 1-3%.

Even then your going to justify 6+ hours a week raiding over three pieces? What about the heroic and normal raiders? Do they not matter? No reason to do those if it's easier to get better gear right? All I'm looking for them to do is replace tier with something as lucrative, not for then to kill m+

As a casual guy it's good news for me ahah makes me want to join raids!

Glad they are gone. Especially in Legion it created a mess with 6 tier pieces.

There is no fun in gearing when you have 6 slots locked for specific tier gear pieces. This leaves you with 8 slots to have an actual choice in... But oh wait, 2 of those slots are occupied by Legendaries. That leaves you with 6, of which 2 are trinkets(which are special cases when it comes to titanforging and choice).

So 4 regular slots that aren't restricted heavily by needing specific gear to fill that slot.

What happens in BfA:
    Tier gone -> 6 slots freed for optimized secondaries(or joy of getting high TF).
    Legendaries gone -> 2 more slots freed.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    good. I am so fucking sick of getting a 930 cloak while raiding or doing mythic plus but I can't use it because of tier.

Oh dear. I look forward to this s**t show playing out! This could be a good thing but they will clearly have to do something to make raid gear better than low level mythic+ gear which as it stands it won't be. I'm sure people would still do mythic raiding for the challenge but there'll be far less motivation (i.e. it'll be way harder to keep a guild together) when there are no meaningful rewards for the hours upon hours of effort. Blizzard will not be oblivious to this. At the very least recalibrate mythic+ rewards so that the best gear only comes from completing super high keys (say 24+ in today's world) and not easy +10s.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    In what world does taking things away "seem fun"?

This is a trend I'm seeing in video game development that I'm very confused by.

"You think you want tier set bonuses, but you don't. Trust us." <--- Blizzard
    My favorite was, "you think you want talent points, but ya don't"

then it was, "you think you need all your core class abilities, but you only need half and then we'll just remove 20% of em entirely cuz new players cant grasp them, lulz"

i think blizzard has gone down the "Lucas Path" of smelling their own shit and only smelling strawberries. A huge % of resources and development go into aesthetics now and QoL's that actual gameplay/interaction is being left by the side of the road with a hand up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    This change is about removing tier set bonuses, not nixing fresh designs for armor.
    Do you seriously think they're going to make a unique set for each class, every raid, if they don't HAVE to?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

So does this mean without Teir sets we will have generic looking Plate, Cloth, Mail etc looking gear, so there will be no way to look different apart from using transmog?

Deleted
    It sounds reasonable after their announcement of Azerithe system. You are not forced to have crap tier set items with bad traits.

The change is welcome, not being able to keep up with the rest because the alt got unlucky and hasnt gotten 4 set after a month is retarded at this point.

Or wearing terrible stats on pieces because something else TFed.

Or running LFR to get a set piece cause it refuses to drop etc etc.

A lot of the arguments here assume that Blizzard won't continue with the little mini 2-3 piece sets from dungeons, or just create more items with unique effects on them like the Stabilized Energy Pendant, which gives 5% maximum Mana and Energy. It also assumes that they won't stuff superior trinkets and other goodies into raids to keep them more relevant than just farming mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Any intelligent person would see this is healthy for the game. Unfortunately the joy of putting a tier set together will be missed, the frustration of not being able to replace those said items until you get the next tier will not.
    Frustration? It was only frustrating because of TF and loot tables being cluttered with useless nonset gear.
    A lot of people (including myself) actually liked that every now and then you got to say, ok, now I'm done with this tier. I like to be able to see an end infront of me. Legion loot system took most of that away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Well, but they can't do that anymore. For one, it'd be random anyway. But, they also said that the chest/helm/shoulders WON'T titanforge. The gear you get from a weekly chest is technically Mythic+ 10 915 gear that automatically titanforges to 935 as a default. This will be impossible next expansion because it can't titanforge.
    That's just an implementation detail, most likely some kind of technical limitation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertigerlamp View Post
    A lot of the arguments here assume that Blizzard won't continue with the little mini 2-3 piece sets from dungeons, or just create more items with unique effects on them like the Stabilized Energy Pendant, which gives 5% maximum Mana and Energy. It also assumes that they won't stuff superior trinkets and other goodies into raids to keep them more relevant than just farming mythic+.
    Honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath on the trinket thing. They've shown over and over that they can't balance trinkets for shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Frustration? It was only frustrating because of TF and loot tables being cluttered with useless nonset gear.
    A lot of people (including myself) actually liked that every now and then you got to say, ok, now I'm done with this tier. I like to be able to see an end infront of me. Legion loot system took most of that away.
    I was referring to set pieces though. How you couldn't replace them until you had gotten enough pieces of the next set because you couldn't afford losing the 4 set or 2 set. So you basically had loot which technically was an upgrade just sitting in your inventory doing nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this really a reason to quit and whine about raiding being useless now? How about you wait until more information comes out?

I think it's actually a good idea:
    - You won't use an upgraded item to not "break" your bonus.
    - Having bonus from sets, legendaries and artifacts is redundant.
    - You'll have items not matching your stats because it is Tier set.
    - The set have lost their "uniqueness" when several items had the same skin throughout the raid tier where it should be a unique model.

I disagree with people saying "less is more fun". They remove the Tier bonuses but will add a lot to the artifact system. We lose somewhere to gain somewhere else. I see it as balanced.

Anyway, there'll be shared opinions on it but most will appreciate it later (as it was with the talent system).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
    @Twinsting Nether EU
    Sokatsui, Retsuhana, Kutohitsugî, Skaoi, Goshintai, Ahres, Palhaço, Shikeishuu, Dorã, Koitika, Noslen, Ahtramedes.

@Ravencrest EU
    Retsuhana

Oh wow, I can't wait to spend another expansion farming dungeons to get better loot than actual raiding, thanks blizz you're the best.

Sarcasm off, looking at my main right now, the only raiding items I use is the tier sets because I can find better outside of raiding due to M+ and titanforging. I don't like the idea of tier going away because for me it removes an incentive to raid, people will say " Oh raiding with your friends is fun and cool "

The problem with that though is the social aspects of this game have been dying for years, my realm is dying as well, without tier bonuses what will give people the incentive to raid? What will motivate them? I hate to break it to a lot of people but loot is usually the ultimate goal to better our raids and our characters personally. It might be harder to recruit people for raiding now when dungeons will continue to give you loot near enough on par, hell the M+ weekly chest gives you mythic raiding equivalents.

I miss the times when we didn't have to farm dungeons to get items near enough on par if not better than raiding items.

With the titanforged bullshit its actually a good change, no more 4/2 2/2/2 or w/e shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess it's time to stop raiding and become a M+ only player.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    So basically what youre saying is, that they missed the mark with this, the issue is with the titanforge system and that as long as functionallity of tiersets stay its fine.

Well damn, thats exactly true.
    Remove TF
    Remove 2-set/4-set
    Build legendaires into azuriteterededtered system.
    Keep the tier system.

Damn, yea looks good to me.
    yea this is like a classical move from blizzard where they overreact and remove 2 things that seem to cause problem, eventhough one of them isn't an issue anymore if you remove the other one.

Its still not something very bad in my opinion. It also solves roster issues so you don't have to pay attention to how many vanquisher, conq, prot people you have in your raid. It may make split-raids less mandatory. Ofcourse guilds will still do it, but they give you a little bit less power over guilds that didn't do it than they do right now.