Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    You seem to be ignoring the fact the using Azerite on armour changes the appearance though, which will increase the art/development effort even if they do go with 1 set per armour type, and may well be class-specific (indeed, if it isn't, I'll be shocked).
    Does it? O_o IIRC, the only thing it visually changes is slot border on char panel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    In reality, this is likely what will happen. They say they are removing set bonuses and then go on to say they are going to focus on armour matching the theme of the content it comes from. So you can bet they are thinking we'll create 1 plate appearance based on the zone, 1 cloth appearance, 1 mail etc. and not 1 plate appearance based on zone for paladin, 1 plate appearance based on zone for warrior and so on.

It cuts down their art/design development effort considerably, alongside the removal of set bonuses cutting down their balancing efforts. Its a win win for blizzard and the only people that it really affects are those who wear the current tier appearance, if your the kind of player that transmogs all your characters into older tier, pvp sets or just random retarded mixups then it doesn't matter what number of appearances there is in raids.

I mean realistically, think of any LFR you do and how often you see something in full t19 or t20? Most people are using older transmogs so why bother creating 13 brand new unique appearances every tier when prob less than half the people that visit that raid will even wear it.
    That and let's face it the % of players who bother with raiding anymore is shrinking so it's Probly getting harder to excuse the effort spent on content fewer people are bothering with. People seem to be taking more and more to mythic + as it's much more enjoyable in my view.

Deleted
    Tier sets are a nightmare. Allow me to tell you story of Resto druids and Holy priests in Legion.

- Resto druid gets a sick tier in NH, it helps push resto to the top of the healing meters, above and beyond all other healers.

- Holy priest gets a mediocre tier in NH, holy is an average performer in NH.

Blizzard can't give resto an ever more powerful tier, it would make druid OP. They can give holy a more powerful tier.

- Resto gets a shit tier (compared to NH) in ToS. Result: Druids are best during progress, but slowly fall behind because they can't replace their godlike T19 with T20.
    - Holy gets a godlike tier 20, surge to the top of the meters in ToS on many fights.

Blizzard can give Resto a more powerful tier again. They can't give Holy a more powerful tier.

- Resto is expected to surge back to the top with T21.
    - Holy will be keeping their T20 most likely in Antorus, and are expected to perform mediocre at best.

Does this seem like fun to anybody? This constant back and forth, Blizzard using tiers as a tool to nerf and buff, causing players to not look forward to getting drops in new content, forced to stick with the same items they've had for months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Interesting. I will say it is frustrating this expansion having higher ivll items you can use. Like right now on my shammy and rogue I am stuck using 900 ilvl pants instead of 930/935 because of tier+leggos. And, like everyone else says they better not skip on "tier" looks for classes.
    On my Ww monk I can equip all my highest armour and be 935 ilevel and do less dps than when I use 2 pice + 4 pice and only being 919. And on the same note at that 919 I'm doing more dps than some 940s in the guild. That's not a good thing as when I que for m+ I have to sit in my collection of high ilevel gear I have for pvp to get groups then switch to the lower ilevel gear and hope they see my boss numbers befor they notice my gear change

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Tier sets are a nightmare. Allow me to tell you story of Resto druids and Holy priests in Legion.

- Resto druid gets a sick tier in NH, it helps push resto to the top of the healing meters, above and beyond all other healers.

Blizzard can't give resto an ever more powerful tier, it would make druid OP. They can give holy a more powerful tier.

- Resto gets a shit tier (compared to NH) in ToS. Result: Druids are best during progress, but slowly fall behind because they can't replace their godlike T19 with T20.
    - Holy gets a godlike tier 20, surge to the top of the meters in ToS on many fights.

Blizzard can give Resto a more powerful tier again. They can't give Holy a more powerful tier.

- Holy will be keeping their T20 most likely in Antorus, and are expected to perform mediocre at best.

Does this seem like fun to anybody? This constant back and forth, Blizzard using tiers as a tool to nerf and buff, causing players to not look forward to getting drops in new content, forced to stick with the same items they've had for months.
    Nerf Resto T19, give druids powerful T20
    Give Priests powerful T20.

problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Does it? O_o IIRC, the only thing it visually changes is slot border on char panel.
    They stated it will have some visual updates, so we are a little bit at dark in this issue how this updates will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nerf Resto T19, give druids powerful T20
    Give Priests powerful T20.

problem solved.
    Or remove tier bonuses completely and correctly balance classes.

The correct choice is obvious.

The removal of tier bonuses is the best decision ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post

Blizzard - "hi were giving your class a 20% nurf but don't worry your getting an amazing tier set in the just released raid"
    Player 1 - "but weve not even started that raid yet so I can't get that tier"
    Blizz - "tough shit"
    Player 2 - " but I don't like raiding but now I can't do the mythic + I loved and did do at a high level because I got nurfed"
    Blizz - " get raiding scrub"

As a Mythic Raider, I'm fine with this.

I'm still stuck with the nighthold t19 2piece with a ilvl of 890 because it's just THAT good for my spec, even though i have a pair of 935 gloves and 940 shoulders in my bag with ideal stats, if i replace the t19 it's like a 70-80k DPS loss.

Now when a tier piece slot item drops i can think "Oh is that an upgrade?" Not just "Immediately disenchant"

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    nothing separates raids from M+ now.
    Good play the endgame content you enjoy then.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post

I'm still stuck with the nighthold t19 2piece with a ilvl of 890 because it's just THAT good for my spec, even though i have a pair of 935 gloves and 940 shoulders in my bag with ideal stats, if i replace the t19 it's like a 70-80k DPS loss.

Now when a tier piece slot item drops i can think "Oh is that an upgrade?" Not just "Immediately disenchant"
    This is why they are doing away with the sets, they tend to cause problems with progression in gear. a 890 should never our do a 940. never. glad they are making this change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiDean View Post
    no raid tier bonus, i might aswell just stick to mythic + and quit raiding all together
    That's what I'm doing. But saying that I've wanted to stop raiding for ages and only did it get my tier bits.

Guess you need to ask your self why do you do raids?
    Originaly I raided because i found it fun but my tastes changed so now I raid for the loot I need to do the outher things I find fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Blegh, I only ever pug so Ilvl>Set bonuses anyway. No difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Or remove tier bonuses completely and correctly balance classes.

The correct choice is obvious.

The removal of tier bonuses is the best decision ever.
    The removal of tier sets aren't going to make blizzard suddenly get good at balancing specs, they've been bad at it from vanilla to this day and that's not likely to change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosnail View Post
    He's actually right. In a game where Ilvl exists as a "scale" of how good a player is, having to gimp yourself for set bonuses is stupid as shit
    I fully agree. It also gives more flexibility and choices. I'm already "fan" of this concept in this expansion, because I go for the ilvl AND correct stats, ignoring the tier set bonus. Good stats simply give good gameplay and smooth class mechanics that an extra ability from downgrade items can't compensate enough to worth going for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    so they wanna kill raiding scene. truly truly brilliant
    Raiding scene is about a unique experience and a unique source of player power. If only raidbosses could drop special candies which increase your dps/healing/dmg reduction by a flat percentage by eating them, ppl would go for the candies and kill raidbosses, because M+ doesn't drop the special candies. You can call it candy or tier set bonus.

The unique experience of raiding can and will remain, while still giving player power. They just change the concept a bit while they remain the same source of gearing.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Yeah, I can't find the link because I think it was in one of the many gods-forsaken interviews, but they did say it would. How much, or if the interviewee was even correct? We can't say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post

U play monk I'm guessing

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    U play monk I'm guessing
    BM Hunter.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    The removal of tier sets aren't going to make blizzard suddenly get good at balancing specs, they've been bad at it from vanilla to this day and that's not likely to change.
    Honestly, who is better at balancing specs in an MMO than Blizzard?

It sure isn't Arenanet with GW2, they're much, much worse. I mean so hilariously bad you wonder if it's malicious - incompetence just doesn't explain it any more.

It sure isn't Squeenix with FFXIV, at best they have similar problems to WoW, if not worse ones.

It sure isn't whoever the hell makes Black Desert Online.

So who is it that makes AAA MMOs and balances better than Blizzard? Unless you can come up with someone, we can conclude Blizzard are the best at a near-impossible task.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cosmetic appearance of tier will still exist, even more so, you just aren't forced to wear subpar armor for an above par tier bonus. Why in the hell is anyone upset by this? It's a progressive change that makes raiding MORE rewarding.
    BAD WOLF