Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Best news for BfA so far. I hate the Tier system because even higher ilvl gear gets devalued when it breaks a Set, which is stupid imo. Glad they are addressing this next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    I fully agree. It also gives more flexibility and choices. I'm already "fan" of this concept in this expansion, because I go for the ilvl AND correct stats, ignoring the tier set bonus. Good stats simply give good gameplay and smooth class mechanics that an extra ability from downgrade items can't compensate enough to worth going for them.

Raiding scene is about a unique experience and a unique source of player power. If only raidbosses could drop special candies which increase your dps/healing/dmg reduction by a flat percentage by eating them, ppl would go for the candies and kill raidbosses, because M+ doesn't drop the special candies. You can call it candy or tier set bonus.

The unique experience of raiding can and will remain, while still giving player power. They just change the concept a bit while they remain the same source of gearing.
    The point he's bitching about is that this makes high m+ just as good for getting that candy. Which Imo it should be high m+ keys are as hard and with some affixes harder than mythic raiding so should have the big rewards similar.

I think he fears so mass exodus of the raiding scene with people no longer needing to raid to do well in m+. And yes I can see the raiding scene will shrink ( Personaly I'm so done with raiding and raid guilds and scraping together 20 for mythic) but it won't die as there will always be people who raid because they like larger group size content. But now people like me who get more enjoyment out of 5 man content don't feel forced to endure something we don't enjoy just to remain competitive in what we do enjoy doing. Win win really

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    BM Hunter.
    0.0 there in the same shit monks are too? it's fucking grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    The removal of tier sets aren't going to make blizzard suddenly get good at balancing specs, they've been bad at it from vanilla to this day and that's not likely to change.
    They might not become good at it, since most of them are dimwits anyway. But it sure will make things easier. Plus, we won't be forced into content we might not enjoy to compete in content we do.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    They might not become good at it, since most of them are dimwits anyway. But it sure will make things easier. Plus, we won't be forced into content we might not enjoy to compete in content we do.
    Now that I think of it, I actually did search a guild to raid to ONLY get tier sets in 7.2.5, not because I liked the people in the guild or that I enjoy raiding so much. Just for the set. I enjoy(ed) 5 man content with my small circle of RL friends way more and that should be my source of player power since it becomes as hard (or even harder) as mythic raiding when the keystone gets high.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Is it so hard to make the next tier set bonuses better to the prior tier?
    Yes when the previous one was very good. They've proved this time and time again. They do it with trinkets too, like CoF and then have no way of fixing it. In Throne, a NH trinket is going to be BiS for several classes. That means they need to find fixes for things like this. In this case, outright removal then implimenting some of them more interesting idea's in the new 'artifcat' necklace or making them baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    so they wanna kill raiding scene. truly truly brilliant
    If this will kill raiding, it means people only endured it for the loot and not for their enjoyment. Which consequently means it hasn't had any right of existence in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Now that I think of it, I actually did search a guild to raid to ONLY get tier sets in 7.2.5, not because I liked the people in the guild or that I enjoy raiding so much. Just for the set. I enjoy(ed) 5 man content with my small circle of RL friends way more and that should be my source of player power since it becomes as hard (or even harder) as mythic raiding when the keystone gets high.
    Same here. I loved M+, but couldn't compete without the tier bonus. I needed to endure a group of 20 retarded individuals that thought killing a boss was life until I finally received that 4 set; leaving a hardcore guild is the sweetest moment in game.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-11-15 at 12:34 PM.

If this will kill raiding, it means people only endured it for the loot and not for their enjoyment. Which consequently means it hasn't had any right of existence in a long time.
    This man speaks the truth. It was the case for me, I endured it because it gave special item bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    As a Mythic Raider, I'm fine with this.

I'm still stuck with the nighthold t19 2piece with a ilvl of 890 because it's just THAT good for my spec, even though i have a pair of 935 gloves and 940 shoulders in my bag with ideal stats, if i replace the t19 it's like a 70-80k DPS loss.

Now when a tier piece slot item drops i can think "Oh is that an upgrade?" Not just "Immediately disenchant"
    why it is a problem now and has never been before? Maybe it's not the set bonus who is responsible but more how it interact with the spec aka balance issue or a scaling issue.

I feel the problem is not the set and blizzard is doing what they always do in those cases don't solve the cause but just plain remove the effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

15+ Year Old Account
    The sets aren't going anywhere, the set bonuses are. It might not be called Tier 22, but it's still be theme-related, so Azshara one, Uldir one, etc.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    I fully agree. It also gives more flexibility and choices. I'm already "fan" of this concept in this expansion, because I go for the ilvl AND correct stats, ignoring the tier set bonus. Good stats simply give good gameplay and smooth class mechanics that an extra ability from downgrade items can't compensate enough to worth going for them.

Raiding scene is about a unique experience and a unique source of player power. If only raidbosses could drop special candies which increase your dps/healing/dmg reduction by a flat percentage by eating them, ppl would go for the candies and kill raidbosses, because M+ doesn't drop the special candies. You can call it candy or tier set bonus.

The unique experience of raiding can and will remain, while still giving player power. They just change the concept a bit while they remain the same source of gearing.
    except with this change its no long unique.

and ignoring tier bonus is why your logs are miserable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    The sets aren't going anywhere, the set bonuses are.
    what's set when there is no set bonus? just for visual? when it's ugly 70% of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Is it so hard to make the next tier set bonuses better to the prior tier?
    It's hard to beat OP stuff, nowadays they have to nerf prev set bonuses to at least hope that it'll help to alleviate issues. And still 4 + 2 is a viable combo for many classes, even if 2p is of a mediocre ilvl, just baseline mythic of prev tier, so even removal of TF, as some people suggest, won't fix much.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    why it is a problem now and has never been before?
    This has always been a problem.

I haven't seen anyone here provide a valid argument for keeping set bonuses. If something doesn't have added value, it's best to remove it, root and stem.

This is the first piece of information that gets me excited for BfA.

-no more frustration over which tokens drop
    -less constraints about how you build your raid squad
    -split raiding gets a lot less effective
    -the potential for gear upgrades gets much wider, you can actually wear that rofl-forged item now
    -in Legion the set slots were the thing that held twinks back the most (aside from legos), now it should be much easier to get them on a comparable level to your main.

I haven't seen anyone here provide a valid argument for keeping set bonuses. If something doesn't have added value, it's best to remove it, root and stem.
    The added value of set boni is that they can alter your spec's playstyle and thus freshen up things a bit every couple of months. But if people really feel that's missing they can do the same via (class-)trinkets or that new artifact model.
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2017-11-15 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nerf Resto T19, give druids powerful T20
    Give Priests powerful T20.

problem solved.
    If every tier set is more powerful than the previous one, where does it end?

People also seem to forget that aside from a few hiccups legion has been one of the most balanced expansions in the game's history.

- - - Updated - - -

At the end of an expansion?

7+ Year Old Account
    not sure if someone has mentioned / clarified this before. But as per the interview, they are retiring the tier set bonuses for next expansion. Taking a break so to speak. May or may not return in the future.

Deleted
    I won't miss the set bonuses (you can compensate the loss through the new Azerite system, giving you unique bonuses), but I do hope high quality cosmetic gear won't go as well.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account

Same here. I loved M+, but couldn't compete without the tier bonus. I needed to endure a group of 20 retarded individuals that thought killing a boss was life until I finally received that 4 set; leaving a hardcore guild is the sweetest moment in game.
    haha, you would do m+ all day just for the challenge if there were no loot at all?

feel sorry for the guild that took ppl like you in.
    Last edited by Aaronioslo; 2017-11-15 at 12:58 PM.

I don't remember it being so drastic that peoples ditched a 40+ ilvl upgrade so something is definitely wrong now.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    what's set when there is no set bonus? just for visual? when it's ugly 70% of the time?
    What is a set when there is no set bonus?

Those are tier sets - do you see set bonuses? Because I don't.

Bonuses aren't the necessity of a set, really - a Tier Set is mostly a set of items related thematically to the class and certain environment.

This way you can have them dropping in respective raids, just for a transmog/collection purposes or as a part of a bigger design idea. They could be named similarly, form a set inside of a Wardrobe, but lack restricting bonuses.

And about them being ugly - that's just an opinion, and if you don't like it, you can always transmog over it.