Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    What is a set when there is no set bonus?

Those are tier sets - do you see set bonuses? Because I don't.

Bonuses aren't the necessity of a set, really - a Tier Set is mostly a set of items related thematically to the class and certain environment.

This way you can have them dropping in respective raids, just for a transmog/collection purposes or as a part of a bigger design idea. They could be named similarly, form a set inside of a Wardrobe, but lack restricting bonuses.

And about them being ugly - that's just an opinion, and if you don't like it, you can always transmog over it.
    and it is enough incentive to raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    Do you raid so that 3 lines of text on an armor piece colorize or do you do it because you enjoy the fights and progression?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    What is a set when there is no set bonus?

Those are tier sets - do you see set bonuses? Because I don't.
    Yes, but as per the letter of this interview, they might be removing that entirely by going from 12 class sets to 4 shared sets, one per armor type, based on raid theme like ToV.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Is it so hard to make the next tier set bonuses better to the prior tier?
    Honestly it sounds like a major pain in the ass. Imagine needing to come up with 2 set bonuses per spec, per class. Every tier. That has to be more powerful than the last but not op. That’s what, 70 something bonuses per tier?

The interesting bit in all of this is that this bit of news was known during Blizzcon, the writer of the article said he interviewed Ion during Blizzcon and that this item was discussed. So, it seems like Blizzard wanted to delay this announcement until a period of time after Blizzcon and is even why they did not mention it during all the panels and discussions. Obviously, they know this would be a very negative item and would be received poorly by the community, so they delayed its announcement to not interfere with the "positive" vibes of Blizzcon and because they knew everyone would focus on this item instead of marveling at the new expansion.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Do you raid so that 3 lines of text on an armor piece colorize or do you do it because you enjoy the fights and progression?
    for both. only one aspect is not enough. must be really hard to get

Great change, now you don't have to gimp yourself by holding on to a lower level piece of equipment because the set bonus is just too good to pass.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it interesting those getting bent out of shape over this, if all you are there for is just the gear and not for the camaraderie with your guildies/friends whatever and the achievement of downing a boss then why raid.. Gear is a means to an end a bonus if you will in making a boss encounter a bit easier then raiding is not your thing then if all you care about it gaining some gear..

With the reactions I have seen to this news I place tier sets right up there with the mistake that is flying, because last I heard you can still raid without tier set armor and is more of a challenge..

Yes, at least for me.

I raid M not for challenge or prestige, I raid M to get tmog. That's how I pick my class for M progression, I choose a class whose T set I like the most. If there's none I simply ignore M.

My guild is average and we're far back in 400s, so there's no need to tryhard.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    Honestly it sounds like a major pain in the ass. Imagine needing to come up with 2 set bonuses per spec, per class. Every tier. That has to be more powerful than the last but not op. That’s what, 70 something bonuses per tier?
    And I suspect that is why they are doing it, because to balance around tier bonuses would be a pain for sure, let alone coming up with interesting bonus stats that are as you said not OP..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theronus View Post
    Great change, now you don't have to gimp yourself by holding on to a lower level piece of equipment because the set bonus is just too good to pass.
    Pretty much I have a couple of great pieces on my warlock that are massive upgrades but I lose my set bonus if I use them which is completely stupid..

Might be good, might just be bad. Could just make everyone on m+

Deleted
    and ignoring tier bonus is why your logs are miserable
    I don't give a flying f about logs, especially as a casual tank in hc content. We steamroll hc difficulty with overgeared mains and alts for casuals each Friday. That's how I got curve. My personal goal in each raid tier is curve, I don't raid mythic.

M+ logs? I also don't give a single flying f about logs, because I just steamroll a few 10+ on each week with guild or pugs to get max weekly chest. Being casual is good.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Yes, at least for me.

I raid M not for challenge or prestige, I raid M to get tmog. That's how I pick my class for M progression, I choose a class whose T set I like the most. If there's none I simply ignore M.

My guild is average and we're far back in 400s, so there's no need to tryhard.
    is your guild revolving around you? changing main from tier to tier and might just skip a whole tier, yet you still have a spot?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    I don't give a flying f about logs, especially as a casual tank in hc content. We steamroll hc difficulty with overgeared mains and alts for casuals each Friday. That's how I got curve. My personal goal in each raid tier is curve, I don't raid mythic.

M+ logs? I also don't give a single flying f about logs, because I just steamroll a few 10+ on each week with guild or pugs to get max weekly chest. Being casual is good.
    then this doesn't affect you either way

7+ Year Old Account
    I have mixed feelings... I prefer doing Mythic+ dungeons, but I still enjoyed doing Normal Mode raiding just to get some nice tier bonuses. With those going away I guess I'm just sticking to the dungeons!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    The point he's bitching about is that this makes high m+ just as good for getting that candy.
    Bitching or not, he should check out the adveture guide, set the ToS raid difficulty to mythic and check the ilvl of the item loot. Pro tip: it reads 930, while the highest M+ difficulty chest reward is 915.

Bitching about others' gear is infantile and narrow-minded, because it won't affect one's character's gear by a bit. One should move his/her ass and play the harder content to get better gear...

- - - Updated - - -

then this doesn't affect you either way
    Then why do you go personal with a stranger in the first place?

is your guild revolving around you? changing main from tier to tier and might just skip a whole tier, yet you still have a spot?
    We shuffle people w/o issues. We have no problems w/ recruitment. We have few statics in our guild: 1 for M, few for lower difficulties.

Changing main from tier to tier is a normal thing even among hardcore raiders, it's even a requirement in many cases, there's no problem w/ doing so in semi-casual guild.

I'm mainly a tank (BDK), but I do raid M as a rogue and/or mage too. There's other people who can replace me or take my role w/o any issues if I decide to raid as someone else or raid on a lower difficulty.

You just need to inform RL way before progression starts and people are assigned. There's no harm done in this situation, it's only troublesome when someone drops out mid progression.

I'd rather have those old school tier sets than this clusterfuck of a azerite shit.

Deleted
    Bitching or not, he should check out the adveture guide, set the ToS raid difficulty to mythic and check the ilvl of the item loot. Pro tip: it reads 930, while the highest M+ difficulty chest reward is 915.

Bitching about others' gear is infantile and narrow-minded, because it won't affect one's character's gear by a bit. One should move his/her ass and play the harder content to get better gear...
    Well it's 930 from the weekly box and every m+ run has a good chance to warforge/titanforge for above 930 so he sort of has a point that you can get equivalent gear from m+

I agree gear envy is pointless but I think he's just concerned his raid team is gonna dissappear or something to do m+. I'd also argue m+ is as difficult and if you push the key stone to the 20s more difficult than mythic raiding so I'm perfectly OK with m+ and raiding offering equivalent gear and which ever you do being down to choice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    I'd rather have those old school tier sets than this clusterfuck of a azerite shit.
    Blizz announced WoW: Classic.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Then why do you go personal with a stranger in the first place?
    because you addressed me first with your condescending tone and your blind nod to everything blizz does