Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    High six figures? Not likely. Around 100k? I wouldn't wager against it. I played MMOs prior to Warcraft if my favorite shitty game Earth and Beyond could maintain 50k paying subs for a unknown buggy EQ in space Legacy WoW can double that easily.
    Have Blizzard said Classic servers will have their own sub fee? If not, I imagine it will just be some special servers anyone with a sub to current WoW can access.

Will a 100k people play regularly on Classic servers? I have my doubts. There's also the matter of how long people will stay around in a game that's in a stasis. If PvE is your thing, then you are pretty much on the top of the mountain after defeating KT.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-11-15 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    No, we don't.

And if you ask me, I want MORE graphic updates, new models, new animations, new content...

Your opinion is not people's opinion, learn it already.
    I also would rather have new things, new chapters in the story, then replaying tedious things all over again. Been there, done that. Re-reading books or re-watching videos is not comparable at all, especially if you take the time frame into account. I read 1000 pages in a day if I don't have other things to do. So, re-reading LOTR is easy for me. Re-leveling a character to 60 and then gear up and stuff? No way. Not worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post

I will surely not reroll on a Classic server... snip

But yes, I also think that this is a desperate move. BfA is probably the last true expansion on retail before it's put on life support.
    You think you won't, but you will.

I have no doubts BfA is the last "new" expansion. Once Classic shows once and for all the power of solid, rewarding game mechanisms... WoW 2 will be announced, returning to the old systems, but with all new content, graphics, etc.

Because it is all about money... and that would sell way more than another expansion... and open the door for another set of expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Have Blizzard said Classic servers will have their own sub fee? If not, I imagine it will just be some special servers anyone with a sub to current WoW can access.
    Not that I'm aware of. I'm talking active accounts on those servers.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Well, the Legion one I've heard is buggy as all hell. I think they've got them decently scripted through Cata IIRC. Which you'd think all the Wrath Fanatics would be playing that. Seeing Ulduar in all it's glory.
    I actually wouldn't mind the idea of separate servers for classic expansions, With the ability to xfer your character to the next one, But that's another discussion entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Oh, all these people thinking Classic will be a huge success and a 6-digit number of people will play it for any extensive period of time. It's triggering my schadenfreude.
    This will REALLY blow your mind then... you will be one of the million hooked on Classic. Guaranteed. Welcome brother.

Deleted
    I'm a legacy supporter and that guy is in the extreme camp. I don't have delusions of grandeur. I expect a huge initial surge and then it to fade off to around 100k stable.
    Which is also my prediction. Though it all depends how much of the "pure" Vanilla it will be, and how much it will be changed with some features which have never been in Vanilla before. Adding some features could net them more players, but would alienate the purists (and I would be a purist in this case, because it's a question of principles - you want Vanilla, you should get Vanilla, and nothing beyond).

The least damaging thing would be adding b-net functionalities, because this could help maintaining and increasind the community. With gameplay features, it could get risky. And for getting a sense of time progression, they should keep the sequence of releasing Vanilla content (dungeons, raids etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Icing on the cake. But sticking it to Blizzard was when I cancelled my sub of many years. Mark my words... the day Classic launches, "current WoW" dies. It's ironic that the REAL WoW killer is, WoW. The real WoW.

Here is what will happen: People who have asked for Vanilla for all these years will resub to play. Current players will roll because they do not want to miss out on the fresh launch of a server. Classic will be bustling with people, economy, guilds... the current players will try and split their time between Classic and BfA... but when they log into BfA and realize that NONE of it is as rewarding as getting a green, level 23 pair of boots, or crafting your first Dreamweave Circlet, or entering Strat and getting your face punched in.

ThHey will log out and back into Classic.
    This tired old argument. So you really think the millions of casuals that cry for flying at the beginning of expacs and cry to protect LFR are going to move to classic and like it better than live?!?! You all are a very special breed. The hardcore raiders and pvpers are but a fraction of the current playerbase, this is what you will see on classic servers, meanwhile the casuals will keep live going with the actual bulk of the playerbase and subs. I cannot believe people are so dense that they actually think the classic will shut down snowflake island where all content is catered to them above anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    This will REALLY blow your mind then... you will be one of the million hooked on Classic. Guaranteed. Welcome brother.
    If you're not just a troll, then I pity your fanaticism. Reality comes at you fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I am quite sure majority people have misguided nostalgia. Too bad when reality kicks them it will kick them hard. I rather expect that "classic servers" stay to the name of being the FEELING OF OLD but with tweaks and whatnot. That I would gladly play.
    You have no idea how popular the vanilla servers are

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I actually wouldn't mind the idea of separate servers for classic expansions, With the ability to xfer your character to the next one, But that's another discussion entirely.
    I'd probably stop at BC this time. I think Wrath actually broke the spell for me which why I quit for the first time when ICC hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmyaccount View Post
    From all the discussions circulating around I am starting to get the vibe (of course, I might be wrong) that people actually want Vanilla, be it with or without any QoL changes.

On top of that they want TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion... released in order. A full circle perhaps?

It is beginning to strike me as a misguided nostalgia as to what has been playing with the people we did back, through all these expansions?
    People just want to experience it anew it seems.
    I want classic server, but nostalgia plays very minor part of it, I never played classic, for example. Otherwise I might want TBC, but not really that much, it just seems like a logical continuation of classic design philosophy with very quality content. I'm not interested in other expansions or any kind of full circle. And I'm mostly wotlk child, so my nostalgia should be about wotlk, but it's not. I played with awesome people at that time, my nostalgia would be about those people, not about game.

I just think that I like game design philosophy of classic and TBC much more than current game design philosophy. Game was simpler and deeper back then, it was more about social relationships, not about streamlined reactive gameplay.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Seriously need mods to close all threads like these, 90% of the threads are about this and they're just wrong.

No the nostalgia isn't misguided, private servers show this.
    All it shows is that people will play pirated shit because it is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    You are way to optimistic, the only people who will enjoy classic WoW are the older players who played vanilla/tbc, and that isn't who Blizzard cater to anymore, and it isn't the market anymore.

There will be a bunch of new people playing it to try it out before they realise how different/grindy it is and move on.
    Everyone will enjoy Classic.. for the same reasons they enjoyed it the first time around. Quality game development. Passion. Creativity.

Grind? Grind is ever increasing amounts of AP socked into an endless weapon... one that is made more endless each patch with some other artificially extended "goal". "But Legion is creative?" You mean like releasing the LARGEST CONTENT PATCH EVER! that included a single quest each week for 6+ weeks that was "Kill 10 rares", "Kill 20 mobs", "Gather 10 item off of 10 mobs".... etc.

As Trump would say... "This is going to be HUUUUUUGGGEEEEEEE!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    You have no idea how popular the vanilla servers are
    But everything that is new is always better!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I am not convinced. I would like you to prove the assertion you have made.

Again with the shitposting meme.

If that were true there wouldn't be any subscribers on live and the video game market would crash because of piracy.

It's not.

Seriously what do you think peddling the same garbage again and again adds to any of the discussion? Blizzard are bringing back classic wow and are dedicated to keeping the servers up REGARDLESS of what the numbers are, It's set in stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

If you don't have 15 bucks a month in 2017 but you have a computer with broadband internet I don't know what the fuck to tell you.
    you cant tell him that he is not lucky enough to live in really developed country - even in some coutries of west 15 euro is still quite a lot - for example in spain minimal wage is at 650 euro a month (as i heared just today from one of my suppliers from there when speaking about production costs) . and spain is one of rather wealthy countries. 2/3of world if not more live for less then that.

Eh no, they play it because its the closest they can get to their e-drug. When blizzard offers it I dont see how any private server will be active.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you cant tell him that he is not lucky enough to live in really developed country - even in some coutries of west 15 euro is still quite a lot - for example in spain minimal wage is at 650 euro a month (as i heared just today from one of my suppliers from there when speaking about production costs) . and spain is one of rather wealthy countries. 2/3of world if not more live for less then that.
    The vast majority of people on Vanilla servers are from Russia/US/UK/Germany.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Eh no, they play it because its the closest they can get to their e-drug. When blizzard offers it I dont see how any private server will be active.
    Never having to worry about a server wipe again? No more random gold injections to the economy? No corrupt GM's fucking things up on purpose? Bug fixes?

BLIZZARD, TAKE MY MONEY!(well, they already are, but CONTINUE!)

If you're not just a troll, then I pity your fanaticism. Reality comes at you fast.
    See you in Classic!