Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Finally, I'll get that Corrupted Ashbringer as a Ret paladin."

Nope. Now re-bless the raid while we wipe on Naxx trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The only mount I'm aware of that's currently unavailable in game is the Black Qiraji Battle Tank. The rest are able to be purchased from BMAH. Likewise with the mogs. I see no issue with them being available to you on live. The other direction would be silly, which is why I suspect they'll just say Classic is quarantined from the rest of the realms.
    There is the old epic mounts. They were removed for no good reason other than consistency so epic mounts had armor, and rare didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    personally i'm way too lazy to try to get any of this old shit whether it's unlockable or not. i think they should leave it be so we don't have people rolling on gear they'll never use just to unlock it for their retail accounts.
    This will never happen.

First of all, 90% of the gear that is gone comes from Naxx 40. Fresh 60's have no business being in that raid. So if someone just wanted a single piece of xmob gear from Naxx, they are going to have to Guild their way through MC, BWL and perhaps AQ40 in order to even get too that point.

But either way, that imaginary player earned it regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    First of all, 90% of the gear that is gone comes from Naxx 40. Fresh 60's have no business being in that raid. So if someone just wanted a single piece of xmob gear from Naxx, they are going to have to Guild their way through MC, BWL and perhaps AQ40 in order to even get too that point.

But either way, that imaginary player earned it regardless.
    right but then they quit as soon as they have their gear/mount/whatever and your guild has lost out on their investment.

It's a bad idea even if they ONLY add the found item from "classic" to retail. This would take away from those that collected them in the REAL VANILLA game. This new Classic will NOT really be like Vanilla WoW, because they are not going to fix most of the 1st two years of broken game, they will probably go with a mix of things including things that did not happen until BC.

You are not making any sense. I am not talking about achievements in terms of the points you get for doing thing. More literal.
    You're talking about achievements, with carryover items from classic to retail. Points are irrelevant since they are either FoS, or legacy.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    right but then they quit as soon as they have their gear/mount/whatever and your guild has lost out on their investment.
    Same thing happens when someone gets ALL the gear they need and lose motivation to keep raiding. Nothing new here. If you get complete 8/8 naxx gear, you have pretty much WON vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    It's a bad idea even if they ONLY add the found item from "classic" to retail. This would take away from those that collected them in the REAL VANILLA game. This new Classic will NOT really be like Vanilla WoW, because they are not going to fix most of the 1st two years of broken game, they will probably go with a mix of things including things that did not happen until BC.
    Actually it doesn't take anything away. The players who earned it 10 years ago will still have their items (assuming they didn't sell them like I did).

And if Vanilla is exactly like it was, then they "earned" it just as much as the older players did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing happens when someone gets ALL the gear they need and lose motivation to keep raiding. Nothing new here. If you get complete 8/8 naxx gear, you have pretty much WON vanilla.
    if your guild has cleared naxx a million times then losing people isn't so bad.

personally they should keep Vanilla at whatever the last patch it was and leave it that way.
    let everyone start from scratch at 1
    if people want to play 1.10 or whatever patch it was let them "enjoy" their time how they want.

while my friends played at 1.x I didnt start until 2.1 so the only reason I would play classic is if they let me get the things for transmog to my main account,
    eg armor sets, and mounts that are not attainable otherwise anymore.

i already remember the changes from 2.1 to where we are now, the game is very much more convenient now than it was in 2.1 when I started, the grind from 1-70 took me at least 1 month and I remember using joannha's leveling guild, which I just deleted on my old PC somewhere.

no dual spec, keep gold where it was. if people want their nostalgia then let them have it but dont modify it much. was it 600g for 60% mount speed and 1500g for 100%? I cant remember anymore.

Actually it doesn't take anything away. The players who earned it 10 years ago will still have their items (assuming they didn't sell them like I did).

And if Vanilla is exactly like it was, then they "earned" it just as much as the older players did.
    Yet it is adding a feature that never existed... at best it would just link to your main account but that road is a rather slippery slope..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Yet it is adding a feature that never existed... at best it would just link to your main account but that road is a rather slippery slope..
    If the purple text n chat that reads "[Item X] has been added to your appearance collection" is bothering purist, then we should probably not be taking them seriously in the first place.

No, aside from your sub being shard classic and current wow need to be entirely separate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The only mount I'm aware of that's currently unavailable in game is the Black Qiraji Battle Tank. The rest are able to be purchased from BMAH. Likewise with the mogs. I see no issue with them being available to you on live. The other direction would be silly, which is why I suspect they'll just say Classic is quarantined from the rest of the realms.
    if we are talking purely classic mounts, you have the old epic class mounts that got removed, the black battle tank being unique, and the old BG mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

bolded the important part because it is obvious you didn't play back then, naxx set was 9 pieces, not 8, and there were VERY few people that had full T3 with full BiS weapons/trinkets, you could probably count on one hand the number of people on each server that were in this position, i personally only got 1 T3 item on my main, and i never saw anyone with full T3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Why do people think classic and live are going to be connected in any way aside from possibly your live subscription granting you access to the classic server?

Pretty comical how you claim people who want some exclusivity are "edgy" though. 10/10 that'll surely get people to take you seriously.
    Because its 2017, Blizzard has spent millions of dollars on the Battle net app and using it to promote cross-gaming social interactions, and every other game they make always ends up with some sort of promotion involving the other games.

It WILL happen, but it may not be in this way.

I hope it will be though. It will be a nice way to reward people for playing a version of the game that is no longer accessible and show them truly what they missed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    if we are talking purely classic mounts, you have the old epic class mounts that got removed, the black battle tank being unique, and the old BG mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

bolded the important part because it is obvious you didn't play back then, naxx set was 9 pieces, not 8, and there were VERY few people that had full T3 with full BiS weapons/trinkets, you could probably count on one hand the number of people on each server that were in this position, i personally only got 1 T3 item on my main, and i never saw anyone with full T3.
    Right but this will occur on a server that will exist for a time significantly longer than the original product was meant to and the raid is already being cleared in the first reset on servers that claim their scripting is near flawless.

As an aside, 8/8 is the set bonus. There are 9 pieces, but would you use them all just because? I'd assume no, but it obviously heavily depends on the class.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    I would expect Classic to not have any connection to the collection system since it was not implemented. Would also counteract to the original gameplay and feel of the game.

But if they would have this connection enabled, then I would probably try to get the ZG mounts. :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    Set bonus was at 8, so I didn't bother including the ring ... since it isn't transmogable. This is irrelevant to all the hundreds of people who are giong to /leave guild that you are paranoid about.

Vanilla will NOT be like it was, satarting at 1.0. What most vanilla ish private servers were using was only the last 4 months of vanilla, skipping almost two years. Also most of your raid wont be using AoL.

If the purple text n chat that reads "[Item X] has been added to your appearance collection" is bothering purist, then we should probably not be taking them seriously in the first place.
    Yet... your the one trespassing on purist content... they are not coming into your game you are invading theirs...

It's better they do not open that gate.

If they do, the crying will be deafening.

By the way, I'm even considering going Classic just to see the opening of the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj.

It shouldn't affect current-xpac servers in any way. You shouldn't be able to get scarab lord, ZG raptor/tiger or ZA bear on that account. Only legacy.

NOpe, you are just ignorant and don't know why players like collecting things ... in a fucking video game.

Still looking for a argument AGAINST linking rewards from classic to retail.

If anything, it is going to empower and motivate players to play classic in the first place. I know I will be jumping on the chance to collect ALL the Naxx 40 sets for my retail characters. That is far more dedication and skill than just using a credit card.
    Watching the recent developments regarding 'What kind of Vanilla people want?' further makes me believe that connecting Vanilla and retail in any way will result in a disaster. People who would not touch Vanilla otherwise other than to get rewards on retail obviously prefer retail, otherwise they would play Vanilla for what it is without demanding any kind of rewards and would appreciate the fact that they can even play on a legitimate Vanilla server. This creates further problems that it is incredibly likely that the same people will find original Vanilla very intimidating compared to retail and would press for QoL or whatever changes they think are necessary to make the game 'playable' for them (e.g. they will want higher droprates and will most likely buy gold to get mounts etc). If Blizzard caters for them, the original Vanilla crowd who play the game because they genuinely like it would be alienated (and would further fracture the community of WoW) and the point of keeping a server that resembles Vanilla only marginally and attracts people who are just there to get rewards for something else would become redundant. Look at what happened in HoTS every time they did a cross-game promotion (hint: it was a fucking disaster hated by both sides, but obviously it boosted the number of players momentarily which in your eyes should be the only goal for Blizzard whereas I'm inclined to think that they may not have completely fallen into that pithole as of yet).

Edit: your statement regarding collecting all T3 sets further proves how delusional you are regarding what Vanilla is/should be in your mind.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-11-15 at 01:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.