10+ Year Old Account
    Destiny 2 was decent, but I went back to D1 for a bit.

I think I still like D1 a lot better. Upgrading weapons was more fun back then. You had more reason to do patrols, you had bounties to do, and it was more fun to save up your legendary marks to buy a specific item rather than the stupid token game they've got now.

Furthermore, the strikes should have been more built into the story, and available before ending the campaign. Don't make them necessary for the campaign, but at least connect them and make them available.

D2 did a lot of things better though. I never bothered with other subclasses because I couldn't be assed to level up another subclass. I'm glad in D2 you don't have to grind out the other two subclasses. But the subclass quests could have been more unique like they were in D1.

Finally, I miss my guardian having a voice. There were several moments that were just awkward because the guardian didn't say anything.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Finally, I miss my guardian having a voice. There were several moments that were just awkward because the guardian didn't say anything.
    There's also a lot of moments where they make fun of the lack of guardian voice. Like when cayde shouts SAY SOMETHING directly at your character and your character kind of shrugs and the ghost "cuts" you off.

Feel like its definitely worse on an exo than it is on others though, on my first character the facial expressions etc said everything they needed to in a lot of those scenes, whereas on this alt I made as an exo a lot of the scenes are just awkward robot face.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    the pc version does need add more social options though. its fine on console where they dont have keyboards but theres zero reason not to have area chat or anything on pc, having to use third party software to be able to progress in this game is reallly dumb
    I mean, I'm defending Bungie on that a bit, in terms of delivering what was promised, but I'd agree that at least clan chat should exist, or local (proximity) voice chat even (so I can yell at people hosing up a public event and keeping it from going heroic).

Part of the issue is likely that any introduction of such systems necessarily means they need to police those systems, which is a whole layer of staffing over and above what they're already doing for the game, and a staffing requirement that isn't ever going to go away. Since there'd be no additional revenue stream to fund that, it would have to come at the expense of other stuff the Live team is producing for us. With clan chat, that's less of an issue, because clans can police themselves well enough, but with any kind of public chat, you'd need a reporting system and moderators who'll go through reports and penalize abusers, and so forth.

Honestly, while using a third-party system is irksome, it may be the better way forward. Though if Bungie were to consciously decide that, I'd hope that they'd be making an agreement with Discord (I presume) for that hosting, and either setting up an "official" Bungie server for Destiny players that's player-managed (but endorsed and linked to in-game), or connecting to one of the major public ones (like Reddit's).

It's not as nice as an in-game system, but there's also the question of if you have to re-invent the wheel. An example would be WoW's built-in voice chat, launched when everyone was already using Ventrilo or the like, and which had worse sound quality and support, meaning basically nobody bothered to USE the built-in, but kept using the third-party system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Feel like its definitely worse on an exo than it is on others though, on my first character the facial expressions etc said everything they needed to in a lot of those scenes, whereas on this alt I made as an exo a lot of the scenes are just awkward robot face.
    But if I'm not Exo, I'm either Boring Vanilla Human, or Hippie Pastel Human. Eww.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    But if I'm not Exo, I'm either Boring Vanilla Human, or Hippie Pastel Human. Eww.
    All 3 are "ambiguous human shape in helmet" the majority of the time though so eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    All 3 are "ambiguous human shape in helmet" the majority of the time though so eh.
    I mean, yeah. I keep my hood up even in town. I just can't bring myself to voluntarily play a human when there's another option, and the Cosmics look ridiculous to me.

I kinda liked the blue people, but I didn't really like the options I had with customization. Even when I found something I liked, the way the lighting hits the characters face creates these weird ass shadows in town that make the face look awful and so I ended up just wearing a hat 24/7.

On another note, anyone have any luck with a particular warlock exotic in pvp? As far as I've screwed around with they all seem fairly inconsequential, curious if anyone finds one stands out enough to be noticeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only useful ones I find are Eye of Another World, Lunafacation Boots and Tranversive Steps. Don't have Karnstein Armlet to try so no idea about those.

As far as how i play hunter, and mostly Gunslinger, i only have two exotic armors i really like. One is the leg armor that boosts HC initial stability/readyness but it's mostly for the cowboy look. The second is the Hawkeye helm that makes the finisher shoot a single huge blow and it's awesome. I oneshot lost sector bosses through shields.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    the pc version does need add more social options though. its fine on console where they dont have keyboards but theres zero reason not to have area chat or anything on pc, having to use third party software to be able to progress in this game is reallly dumb
    I think the reason there isn't is due to technical issues, so it's taking them longer to figure out.

We had the clan issue, which I think is now fixed.

A chat system should be easy to implement.

You do realize that Exos are humans as well right? They're just a human mind uploaded into a frame (robot).

10+ Year Old Account
    i hate the gap between 265 and 280.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, yeah. I keep my hood up even in town. I just can't bring myself to voluntarily play a human when there's another option, and the Cosmics look ridiculous to me.
    And I can't get myself to play an Exo. It just feels weird playing a robot. I mean, I guess they have human minds uploaded to their bodies, but . . . just feels weird.

To each his own.

- - - Updated - - -

I kinda liked the blue people, but I didn't really like the options I had with customization. Even when I found something I liked, the way the lighting hits the characters face creates these weird ass shadows in town that make the face look awful and so I ended up just wearing a hat 24/7.

On another note, anyone have any luck with a particular warlock exotic in pvp? As far as I've screwed around with they all seem fairly inconsequential, curious if anyone finds one stands out enough to be noticeable.
    I fucked up my Awoken and now she's got a permanent shocked look on her face.

Good thing her face is usually hidden, though I have "hide helm" on in the social areas.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    The character options are so damn poor in this game, I just have show helm on all the time.

I'm still amazed how poor it is, but considering how D1 was, I shouldn't be surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally saw something like the teleporting dogs last night, lol.

We hopped in the Raid to help out a friend who hadn't completed it yet. On the Pleasure Gardens, we were all in the safe room and grabbed our orbs, within a few seconds (didn't leave the room yet) we all dropped our orbs and the doors closed. A dog ran in the room and was trapped in there with us!

It was honestly really funny. We then proceeded to do the Challenge for the week on the next attempt.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 292 currently, and I am thinking it is time to try the raid. It seems I will have to do it when I have about 5 or 6 hours of play time, looks to be long and grindy. Any suggestions on guns I should try and get to 290+?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i hate the gap between 265 and 280.
    Yeah. Not because it's hard, but because you literally can park your character for a week and do everything in a few hours the first day.
    It's not that much of an issue for me, but i can undestrand why people ask for mroe content - even i playing so little time am at a place where i have nothing to do.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah. Not because it's hard, but because you literally can park your character for a week and do everything in a few hours the first day.
    It's not that much of an issue for me, but i can undestrand why people ask for mroe content - even i playing so little time am at a place where i have nothing to do.
    This is the territory I'm in, actually. Sitting at 276, and was done within 2 hours of logging in on Tuesday.

Of course, in my case, it doesn't help that I play at odd hours, don't have friends on, and am not even in a clan. Heck... I haven't even done strikes, nvm stepping foot into a raid. >.< No regrets, though. I've enjoyed the heck out of my time with the game so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    I am 292 currently, and I am thinking it is time to try the raid. It seems I will have to do it when I have about 5 or 6 hours of play time, looks to be long and grindy. Any suggestions on guns I should try and get to 290+?
    Origin Story and Urials Gift. Those will be very helpful
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Is there a point to doing patrols? I haven't really been doing them since the rewards seem nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Is there a point to doing patrols? I haven't really been doing them since the rewards seem nonexistent.
    Fun, I guess. Some of the planetary dailies require you to do 3, but beyond that I just do them from time to time for the extra reputation marks.