Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Out of interest, did anyone go through the questions and maybe think, "Hmm, maybe doing it that way would be better".

For me, it was Dire Maul and Maraudon. Seems a bit pointless not including them from start, but I get the idea that if we want this as it was, they should stick to the patches.

Anyone else see anything and think it could be better if they released it sooner?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Would you like to see LFG/LFR ad-

*SMASHES NO*

Okay some of these overly purist 'No's confuse me... I'm all for keeping most things the same 1x, fuck no to flying mounts and the like...

But ...no darkmoon faire at launch? Why the fuck not? What's the reasoning? I started the game with that feature already kicking about so I don't get why it would ruin anything. Not like anyone low level can make much use of it anyway, and the perks it does give are ... well nice at best, minimal and unintrusive at worst.
    Because it could be launched just that much faster without the flavourful fluffy frills around it. Dungeons and lower-tier raids first just because it has to be progressed through. I wouldn't do huge changes to the rate of exp gain, at most a 10% increase just so you could be a bit more comfortable in the next zone if you complete the last, and a token amount of node gathering exp to make the incredible amounts of materials more palatable to gather for some of the professions, BS being notorious for this.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Doesn't really seem like a real issue, more things for people to do in between expansions.
    That is mostly an issue with players not playing Classic. If we're talking about a window into the game's past, it's much easier to justify the integrity of the server and keeping things how they were. Even though I love the modern version of the game with all its QoL changes, I fully support this, and may even try it out just for leveling.

But if you start adding stuff, that argument is going to fall apart. If you add a super fun raid nobody has seen before, then why shouldn't a raider from Live just boost himself to 60 and get catchup gear to experience, why shouldn't the Casual visit an LFR version? All the old arguments would open up again.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Depends how the development team is set up, I assume classic will be a completely seperate team. Also, if they have more stuff to do, blizzard will just hire more people, that is, if it would be profitable.
    I suspect the development team for Classic would move on to developing Legacy Burning Cursade after that. If we're talking about developing actual new content, Classic should come with a separate subscription fee, which I don't believe will happen, if only because "Historically Accurate Vanilla" and "Classic Plus" are very different products. The latter would require a separate subscription to finance continued development, but the former could be baked in the regular one. Then again, if you start with a subscription, adding new stuff can be seen as a betrayal of what you were paying for in the first place. It's complicated.

So far, community's views align with mine. In summary, people want updated graphics, some minor QoL changes, no bugs but nothing major. This is awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookworst View Post
    try harder, cause your loosing <3
    Losing*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    It's complicated.
    I think this is a great summary for the topic in general.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

So far the poll seem amazing! Can't wait for classic servers, oh well, I hope it will be a 'server' and not plural, as I don't believe it will be populated enough to keep several going after 6 months. But I'd be happy with 100k-200k active players on a server or two. (Nost had 150k I believe? And that seemed to do well enough).

Now, how long do we have to wait? 1 year, two? Seen a lot of thinking about November 2019 for the 15th anniversary, and that seems plausible, as it would most likely end up in content draught in BfA which would be the best period to release Classic to attract as many as they can to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    Out of interest, did anyone go through the questions and maybe think, "Hmm, maybe doing it that way would be better".

For me, it was Dire Maul and Maraudon. Seems a bit pointless not including them from start, but I get the idea that if we want this as it was, they should stick to the patches.

Anyone else see anything and think it could be better if they released it sooner?
    I think it would better recreate the feeling of Classic if they keep some kind of release schedule, especially for raids and probably endgame dungeons. Mauraudon lies somewhere in-between, so in this case, it could be released earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    So far, community's views align with mine. In summary, people want updated graphics, some minor QoL changes, no bugs but nothing major. This is awesome!
    Most of these things also match my view on that matter and I probably will not be playing. But I guess, this is what the Classic community wants, and what I don't want anymore.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's awesome! I only wish some questions were less vague. We should begin with asking about the starting patch and then ask all questions if things should be available from the launch or added later.
    But the initiative if fantastic

10+ Year Old Account
    taking a look at the survey now. I personally find the answers to be agreeable. Old graphics by default is fine IMO, if there is an option for the newer ones, it does not harm me.

AS for guild banks... while i will miss raiding with a high end guilds banktoon named guildbank who was a good tank, I guess its what it is for a survey.

"Would you like to see new raids and dungeons added that were hinted at during vanilla, but never implemented (such as Grim Batol, Uldum, Hyjal, etc.)?"

Now this interested me because I am familiar with old school Runescape. Early concepts are very different many years later. I would actually be curious to see if they would introduce early concepts rather than what we actually got.

Overall, if classic was to be based on this survey, I would not dislike it or even find it disagreeable. I would find it acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    So far the poll seem amazing! Can't wait for classic servers, oh well, I hope it will be a 'server' and not plural, as I don't believe it will be populated enough to keep several going after 6 months. But I'd be happy with 100k-200k active players on a server or two. (Nost had 150k I believe? And that seemed to do well enough).
    Maybe you didn't play on Nost. Waiting for an npc to respawn 5 times before your group could tag it first was nothing unusual. The world was literally litered with players, at times it felt like we had wiped out all the mobs. Yea, it got better in level 45+ zones, but it took five times as long as it should just because you were hindered by other people, and not in the good way (like.. if you tagged a mob and lacked damage to kill it quickly, people would actually overaggro you and make the mob evade).

Any server with more than 4k concurrent players will crash and burn when people are unable to do trivial quests without waiting 20 mins for respawns. So yeah, you can count on there being 20+ new realms, but I wouldn't be surprised to see merging. Just that I would like to see merging done right this time around, give everyone a choice to which realm they want to go for 2-4 weeks, after that, transfer them to a randomly selected one (guess they don't give a fuck if they don't do it within a month).

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    if you want Classic servers to fail encourage blizzard to change nothing about vanilla

i want them to fail so i voted for no changes
    Not the first time I'm hearing this sentiment, sadly.

BUT, since it brings the purists and the Vanilla haters together as far as 'qol changes' are concerned, please keep up the good work!

Now, good morning! Off to do the survey.
    Last edited by Eveningforest; 2017-11-15 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boshusan View Post
    Achievements didn't came until mid-TBC. So, for Loremaster... Unless it's implemented in a way in Classic of course.
    I believe you still got the Loremaster title!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    I know. I didn't really mean getting the achievement, more like doing all the quests. Doing all the quests is basicly doing the Loremaster achievement.
    See above answer
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    I believe you still got the Loremaster title!

- - - Updated - - -

See above answer
    Nope, Loremaster title was added in WotLK prepatch.

Deleted
    "Would you like an option to pay an additional $15/month to double your leveling rate?"

Those greedy motherf****rs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycans View Post
    "Would you like an option to pay an additional $15/month to double your leveling rate?"

afaik, blizzard didn't make this survey.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Nope, Loremaster title was added in WotLK prepatch.
    My bad, I guess it was because I already had the title when title swapping became available that made me think it came in Vanilla.
    (I did the loremaste reqs during vanilla apparently :P)
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    you are not gonna see updated graphics, so chill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    you are not gonna see updated graphics, so chill.
    Is there anything else you can tell us? Being a Blizzard employee and all?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycans View Post

I don't think Blizzard would put a survey they made on reddit.