Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As someone who is not a mythic raider, I absolutly love this change.
    I love running M+ but my guild is far from mythic raiding so atleast 4 of my slots are filled with 915 gear, while the rest is 930+.
    Also the class distribution within the tokens was TERRIBLE.. Mage+Rogue+Druid+DK mixed into the Vanquisher token was just horrible.
    With titanforging gone for the Azurite slots, mythic raiders and high M+ groups should be good with this change.

A highly welcomed change.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Opinions?
    Considering the insane gear scaling treadmill we are on, it actually makes a lot of sense. The tier bonus (2 or 4 piece) of lower itemized gear can be so valuable that people are rejecting newer gear which raises the question of motivation to raid newer content as much as people will question this new approach. It isn't as terrible a decision as some want to think, just a shift in process.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I kind of agree. Tier sets lock you in to those pieces. It is a fucking joke to get gear that is superior then your tier item but you can't use it because it breaks the set. Maybe a compromise being all items from a tier contribute to the bonus, not just the current 6 pieces.

I raid to have fun with my friends. If this triggers you maybe you should have a look at your priorities and have a think about why you are getting so angry about a video game. It isn't normal or healthy.
    I've been raiding heroic/mythic since it was released in WoTLK and I don't disagree with you. I think this might put a lot bigger gap between players who understand their statweights and those who don't. There's always been a problem with blizz putting bad stats on vital tier pieces, more so than ever with legendaries locking slots down even more.

Also i'd expect them to put a lot of 1-2 piece set effects in instead like how they have with Arcway/CoS.

On the one hand, it a welcome change in my eyes, because Sets are usually boring as hell and i couldn't care less for them (for the most part).
    Also, the currt itteration of sets makes some specs want to do old raids (NH now, ToS when Antorus is live) for a 6 set... And it feels very crappy to do that.

On the other hand, Sets provide somewhat of a good reason to get into raids, and without them i think many people will lose interest in raiding. Making the raiding scene less productive, recruitment for raiding guilds hard, and the overall feeling for raiders who are in for the Achievements of toppling the bosses a bit down

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Glad they are gone. Especially in Legion it created a mess with 6 tier pieces.

There is no fun in gearing when you have 6 slots locked for specific tier gear pieces. This leaves you with 8 slots to have an actual choice in... But oh wait, 2 of those slots are occupied by Legendaries. That leaves you with 6, of which 2 are trinkets(which are special cases when it comes to titanforging and choice).

So 4 regular slots that aren't restricted heavily by needing specific gear to fill that slot.

What happens in BfA:
    Tier gone -> 6 slots freed for optimized secondaries(or joy of getting high TF).
    Legendaries gone -> 2 more slots freed.
    Well, they didn't since you only need 2-4 pieces. There is no 6-set bonus on the tier. This was done so you can have 2 legendaries and 4set still. You aren't locked for all 6 pieces at all.

Deleted
    Set pieces were so awful.

I did M+20 early before nighthold and I was playing in Set Sail For Fail as a "casual". The tier sets forced me to raid to stay geared because the set bonus were strong. Too bad despite countless split runs I didn't get the heroic sets as the main raiders needed every tiny chance to open a token to roll titanforged which binds the item (thanks blizzard).

Token System Gone -> Thank God

Sets gone -> Good

Next steps should be

-> Personal Loot Only Loot Option = Splitfarm-Raiding Gone
    -> remove Mythic Raid and Raidfinder, normal to be the new random raid format and heroic to be the new top tier raid format
    -> rename Mythic+ to Heroic+

They are making the azerite armour more like tier sets maybe? That is what Ion is hinting at. They will be customizable, and depending on play style you might want to take another piece. That is what they stated as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by Blysto; 2017-11-15 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blysto View Post
    They are making the azerite armour more like tier sets maybe? That is what Ion is hinting at. They will be customizable, and depending on play style you might want to take another piece is what they stated.
    This is what I was thinking too.

Deleted
    Azurite gear can’t Titanforge so mythic raiding will provide the best gear available 100% of the time now. (And possibly very high end M+ depending on what they do with its rewards)
    Now they just need to make all gear, like azerite gear, and mythic will be relevant once again.

Deleted
    Well it is retarded to have:
    OP tier sets and using 2pct19 and 4pct20, or 4pct20 2pct21..
    Old tier piece worth 40+ ilvl (no fun in that rlly).
    While also having legendaries occupying tier slots.

I would make some fun tier bonuses, worth few %of dps/hps..
    Unique spell efects, procs etc. So you will not sacrifice tons of ilvl, but would be nice to have.
    Same for trinkets, why the fck do we need to use old trinkets whole expansion.. not fun.

Just dont make everything that OP, so we have to sacrifice tons of ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Blysto View Post
    They are making the azerite armour more like tier sets maybe? That is what Ion is hinting at. They will be customizable, and depending on play style you might want to take another piece. That is what they stated as far as I can tell.
    Yeah, I am not sure why people are so upset right now over this. Ion didn't hint at this, he directly said it. The Azerite gear that drops is essentially our tier bonus now. It would be overkill to be forced into wearing Azerite for their bonus plus tier (similar to the problem some have with wearing multiple sets from different tiers).

Thats actually a good thing. Tier bonuses are hard to balance and with each tier you change the whole class balance and destroy the gameplay of a class (looking at what happend to ww monks lul going from t19 2p / t20 4p pinacle of gameplay design to t21 boringness... (they had to completely destroy the 6p set to make people even think about switching to the bad t21).

Great idea, a bold decision and I love it!

Can't wait to see the Azerite system -or whatever it will be called -that replaces the Tier Set design.

Essentially, now we'll be more confident and mobile to equip gear that is higher ilvl independent of breaking set bonuses. Friends and Guildies that I've spoken to so far are on board with this already despite it seeming like an unexpected move! I wonder why this wasn't a big announcement at Blizzcon?

Quote Originally Posted by Valette View Post
    To me this is quite worrying. One of the things that gets me the most excited about a new tier is how the set will affect my gameplay. Like how spriest tier20 makes our rotation a houndred times more fluid and enjoyable. Im also curious if this means they will stop releasing class specific gear looks, as getting a new transmog for your class each tier is a lot of my incentive to raid aswell.
    What Ion said does not mean we wont be getting those things in BfA, just that it wont be linked to 6 pieces of gear that limit your gear choices. Maybe raids will drop class specific trinkets that basically does the job of set bonuses. Maybe the bosses will drop class specific transmog tokens. We will see. Personally I dont think blizzard wants to stop giving out set bonus effects and class specific transmogs. That change just doesnt make sense to me, as Ion recently said that they value the fun that set bonuses bring to the player, aswell as how much emphasis they have put on class fantasy lately (Class specific transmogs being a big part of that).
    That's only because they designed our class around the set bonus by overbuffing mindbender, while I don't hate the current rotation I prefered the previous one with shorter void forms but occasional longer and more powerful ones with PI and it's going to suck when we have to switch to the new tier, especially after they changed the crits to not work on dots.

Overall I'm pretty happy with this change, there was nothing worse than getting an item from your weekly cache or your mythic cache or just a high titanforged drop only for it to be in your tier slot, I got 955 legs and chest that I can't use because I'd lose my tier set bonus, and with the way tier tokens drop and you have to open to see if they titanforge/socket it's hard to get them at high itemlevel so usually your tier pieces are a lot lower itemlevel than the rest of your gear. It's also a nice improvement for those who mostly just do mythic+ to not have their classes be significantly weaker if they don't want to raid.

And here I have been calling for the removal of TFing ever since it was released back in MoP...

Give us back sockets on gear. Give us back Tier.

Remove all and any RNG procs on gear drops (TFing, extra sockets and random stats). Once an item drops, there should not be any "alternative" improved versions of said item, except for higher difficulty versions ofc.

Blizz are adding stupïd shit, while taking away stuff that works just fine. Wouldn't be the first time though, looking at you Cata -> MoP class redesigns for Lock, Dps Warrs and Shadow Priest.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post

Remove all and any RNG procs on gear drops (TFing, extra sockets and random stats). Once an item drops, there should not be any "alternative" improved versions of said item, except for higher difficulty versions ofc.
    They do this with Azerite gear, Helms/Shoulders/Chestpieces. No Titanforging, not even +5, and the special powers based on itemlevel, so Mythic raid is always better then heroic etc, for 3 pieces.

It's a in-between situation.

Azurite gear can’t Titanforge so mythic raiding will provide the best gear available 100% of the time now. (And possibly very high end M+ depending on what they do with its rewards)
    Currently M+ system weekly chest actually is +5 ilvl higher base than Mythic TOS base so that literally will not be true I predict. The singular highest Azerite gear is far more likely to come from weekly M+ chest rather than Mythic raiding in BfA.

Close as mythic raiding will be -5ilvl but "mythic raiding will provide the best gear available 100% of the time now" wont be true especially since they are pushing MDI type stuff so heavily in the esports realm and they are proving popular etc.

You noobs seem to forget (or maybe you can't read properly at all, after all?) that they're moving tier bonuses (or the new bonuses that are similar in that regard) to the new Battle of Azeroth items. Instead of 6 tier pieces there will be 3 now, and Mythic will provide THE ABSOLUTE BEST versions of them (they can't war/titanforge, so mythic will give you the highest ilvl).

This is a good change. You won't have to wear items with shitty stats just because they are tier and not getting that bonus (bonuses, not boni or boniii, you fucking clowns). Odds are the BfA items might have shit stats for your class (we all know Blizzard sometimes has shitty itemisation on tier items because lolhehe), but at least in the worst case scenario there will now be 3 items with shit itemisation you have to wear instead of potentially 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    You noobs seem to forget (or maybe you can't read properly at all, after all?) that they're moving tier bonuses (or the new bonuses that are similar in that regard) to the new Battle of Azeroth items. Instead of 6 tier pieces there will be 3 now, and Mythic will provide THE ABSOLUTE BEST versions of them (they can't war/titanforge, so mythic will give you the highest ilvl).

This is a good change. You won't have to wear items with shitty stats just because they are tier and not getting that bonus (bonuses, not boni or boniii, you fucking clowns). Odds are the BfA items might have shit stats for your class (we all know Blizzard sometimes has shitty itemisation on tier items because lolhehe), but at least in the worst case scenario there will now be 3 items with shit itemisation you have to wear instead of potentially 6.
    No, it means the set bonus or whatever new unlockable system will be with Azerite, not a problem with that.

The problem comes when Tier piece X, refuses to drop for weeks, making you wear items you dont want.

Its also bad when i wanna play an alt for the lul of it, and i cant "be up to par" because first i have to get 4 set, legion made it even worse having to get correct legendaries also.

Personally i am a perfectionist and expect to play my characters correctly, when after 5 weeks or 10 clears where it can drop, or even 20 with LFR my alt still doesnt have 4 piece because it refuses to drop/cant trade it etc etc, game becomes boring, or well personally it becomes boring.

This is a welcome change in this regard, a very welcome change.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-11-15 at 07:14 PM.