Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Too bad, that is the "classic experience" this is what everyone was asking for.

DPS was far less contested then people think there wasn't things like enrages or dps check phases, the game was simple. If you do the mechanics (dispels, tank swaps, aggro management) you won, that was it there was nothing fancy or advanced. It was about the journey with friends and with strangers who became friends people think classic was something that it wasn't.
    'Everyone' being the people who don't play the game, and only whine and moan in the corners with 0 room for improvement. You are impossible to please, thus not really a solid target audience...

If you leave or refuse to play anything not EXACTLY like the decade old vanilla, then you're not a worthwhile investment.

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    Yea that there not specs the game gives you under the pretext of being viable only to turn out not to be when you hit max level.
    I don't understand. Are you still talking about arcane? What part of the arcane talent tree gives you the impression that it will be a viable tree on its own? It literally screams "IM BUFFING YOUR OTHER SPELLS" all over. PoM pyro pvp specs, AP frost, arcane was plenty "viable".

Though we would be back to the "define viable" agelong discussion. I guess you see it as if you are not doing comparable raid fight dps, it's not viable. But again, vanilla wasn't designed to be a raiding game primarily, so it didn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Can't they just have two servers and be done with all this whining and hate?

I don't believe they will put much effort into making classes viable (for instance, adding new abilities), but they could probably add some stuff, as changes to the debuff limit and mana costs (bake in talents for classes such as balance druids and elemental shamans).
    Managing mana was a skill you learned.......if you make changes its not classic anymore.

J. Allen Brack was right all along
    "You think you do, but you don't."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    To pull Hakkar from halfway across ZG with the arcane missile no range bug...
    I'm sold. Time to wipe some scrubs

Thats just not true. The wild west "bring ALL the people!" phase of vanilla had nothing to do with vanillas mechanics. It was just us not knowing whats optimal.

Unless you somehow manage to wipe out everyones memories on how to play world of warcraft, vanilla does not have more unique roles than we have now. You just have a few specs, that are better than the others. And then you need to bring a single guy from some classes for that one skill he has.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    There never was a support role in vanilla. Only players maintaining this fantasy are the one who never played in vanilla.

I played enh shaman back thn, I just was never picked for pretty much anything. Because the spec actually sucked, period. I liked wow a lot, I liked my characer a lot, still was garbage.

Changed a bit in BC with enh and shadow priests being buffbots and mana batteries. Still only worked in raid as you were pretty much useless in dungeon (the joy of never being taken in magister terrasse because "you no cc").

I agree that spec balance shouldn't be a thing if blizzard want classic to taste somewhat vanilla. But enough with this bullshit "hybrid aka support" hybrid never was a thing. Hybrid was a "hey you're classe can do damage and/or healing and/or tanking, but it actually sucks at any of these" thing.
    Enh shaman always in raid for top melee groups wf totems...
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    Enh shaman always in raid for top melee groups wf totems...
    Warlocks were there just to summon people, give healthstones, and put up CoE so that mages did good damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I don't understand. Are you still talking about arcane? What part of the arcane talent tree gives you the impression that it will be a viable tree on its own? It literally screams "IM BUFFING YOUR OTHER SPELLS" all over. PoM pyro pvp specs, AP frost, arcane was plenty "viable".

Though we would be back to the "define viable" agelong discussion. I guess you see it as if you are not doing comparable raid fight dps, it's not viable. But again, vanilla wasn't designed to be a raiding game primarily, so it didn't matter.
    Not viable is when a classes performance within a role dosent meat the bare minimum of what is required in that situation mathematically.

Im not just talking about arcane I'm talking about all the useless specs, arcane, survival, prot, ret, enhance e.t.c and you can say well if you look at the tree it's so clear it's not ment to be taken seriously but as a new player when I entered the game all those years ago the blurb the manual and everything I read said it was u till I hit 60 and found otherwise. And for every person who played a pala and had to sit in a dress night after night in vanilla raids and dungeons I say FUCK YOU BLIZZ AND FUCK VANILLA there's a reason why so many see tbc as the start of real wow

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    You are close minded. Why should someone not be able to play a certain spec viably. How the fuck does this benefit your game? No slippery slope fallacy answer.
    Because it would not be a Classic experience.
    And if they are going to balance the game for your Druid, then other tweaks have to be made.
    This would cause a domino effect in a class balance tuning spree.
    Before you know it the original feel of the game has become unrecognizable.

Again, classic is not for you. Stay on the current expansion, you can play your Feral there.

Besides you could play feral in raids as dps, they were quite the awesome emergency off-thank also.
    Don't forget that 40man raids had 20-30 devoted raiders and 10'ish spot fillers, you can be the spot filler.

Also, if your druid wants to be good at all 4 roles, do you think it's fair for other people like Mages who can only play one?

lets not forget to bring 6 or 5 druids for those brez's
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

I knew they would cuck us, it was only a matter of time
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Managing mana was a skill you learned.......if you make changes its not classic anymore.

J. Allen Brack was right all along
    "You think you do, but you don't."
    That was just an example of a thing I believe they will try to tune. I never played either of this classes in classic to know if it is possible to manage their mana, the popular complaint is that it was impossible.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Thats just not true. The wild west "bring ALL the people!" phase of vanilla had nothing to do with vanillas mechanics. It was just us not knowing whats optimal.

Unless you somehow manage to wipe out everyones memories on how to play world of warcraft, vanilla does not have more unique roles than we have now. You just have a few specs, that are better than the others. And then you need to bring a single guy from some classes for that one skill he has.
    And here's the big Big real issue. We have simms now and dps meters and we know what worked and what didn't. The start of classic will be just like the end of vanilla. Total and utter elitist cancer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Not going to go into specifics but the amount of active players vs created accounts is small.
    Just like it is for retail WoW. I have seen the reported numbers, and I see no reason to believe your claims to the contrary since you have no possible way to have more information on the numbers.

Few avoid private servers for moral reasons, they aren't playing because the game didn't draw them in again.
    That's just your speculation based on absolutely zero knowledge. Personally I have no moral issues with private servers, I have no interest them for a whole host of other reasons: the classic client won't run on my system, the servers don't have Blizzard scripting so they are not authentic, systems run by volunteer hackers are probably not very stable, Blizzard shut them down if they become popular, etc. etc.

Blizzard WoW Classic would have none of those issues, so I would absolutely play that if it is a truly authentic experience—most likely for many years.

On the second point I simply don't believe you. It's already been shown that the purists are willing to concede more changes than they are letting on.
    Makes no difference to me what you believe, I'm just letting you know your view of other people is very much incorrect. You can onto your faulty assumptions all you want.
    Last edited by mmocac5635958d; 2017-11-15 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    Don't forget Paladins also had Blessing of Sacrifice or something, not having to run back after a whipe was a blis.
    http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=19754

This was just glorious XD

Paladin's dying left and right to save healers so they could rezz.

Deleted
    really tiny adjustments are okay with me, but they should not suddenly make specs viable that were not before... like boomkin was clearly a pvp spec. If they wanted to raid they have to put in the work and bring manapots over manapots... their damage in that case is okay and they still have to "pay" the hybridtax.

If kitty-druids don't want to have to put up with wolfshead helm + powershifting + manapot use galore then they should be nerfed. http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=8345

I say that as someone who wants to play druid again in wow classic - with a hybrid feral/healer spec. It will not top dps meters but it will be strong in pvp. the luxus of being able to tank rogues, fairy fire, shapeshift and heal and stuff is extremely strong. If they get easy good dps too it is far too strong.

imo feral/heal hybrid is already imbalanced and should probably be nerfed.
    But I don't want that, because I want to play one... and relatively few want to play druid, so I am quite confident I am not going to be nerfed.

If certain classes get nerfed... like rogue and warrior...
    then ele shammy has to be nerfed because they have insane burst damage. perhaps then they can relax their thirst for mana?

you know where this leads? to every class being the same.. homogenization. bring the player, not the class or the death of fantasy/rpg in warcraft. whatever you want to call it - I rather have diversity in my game. more class synergy, dependencies... healers/tanks that rather venture out in groups if they have to do something. and people that want to help them because they depend on them when they want to do group-content.

Deleted
    It was about the journey with friends and with strangers who became friends....
    Thats exactly how i remember vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Again, you are talking about pushing cutting edge content. Most people are not doing that. So, that shadow priest is going to be just fine for most content in the game, even if less people are playing that spec.
    We are not disagreeing, I'm even saying they do ok damage in the end, but I'm saying that the community doesn't see it that way. I have 9 classes at or over 930 ilvl on live right now. And it's significantly easier to find groups on some of them and significantly harder on others, even if I only wanna do a +10, no cutting edge. They are all dps, but somehow, my 932 rogue or 931 warrior and find groups way faster and easier than my 935 hunter. And I would say that the hunter will do more damage than both of them in almost any dungeon. Not even gonna mention 941 shadow priest, because it either takes an hour to find a group or I have to go heal.

On shaman, you are regularly asked if you are ele or enha, because who wants enha? Same story as vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    there's a reason why so many see tbc as the start of real wow
    this!
    exactly what i see.
    But with a bit of fine tuning classic could be the start. But all these fucked up specs need to be fixed i mean will there anybody playing these classes?
    There were people playing this classes because of
    as a new player when I entered the game all those years ago the blurb the manual and everything I read said it was u till I hit 60 and found otherwise.
    exactly this.
    Nowadays there will be a shitload of warrior rogues etc but who wants actually to play pally when he knows that at the moment where he turns 60 he can farm herbs, ores, and buff some people ?! I guess that won't be the people who cry like babies because they want no changes they will play the viable specs for sure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Again, you are talking about pushing cutting edge content. Most people are not doing that. So, that shadow priest is going to be just fine for most content in the game, even if less people are playing that spec.
    Most are not gonna be doing that? Bull shit by the end of vanilla the majority had at least dipped there toes in raiding the whole flow nhilum raid or die mentality came from the end if vanilla because to succeed at anything even pvp you needed good raid gear.

This whole every one held hands and didn't judge each outher and most people wernt bothered about raiding bullshit lasted till 05-06 when the number of 60s grew big enough then it was full on toxic end game.

The phrase "the game only starts at 60" encapsulated thatb