Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    EverQuest also still receives expansions (one coming out next month even), so it's not a good comparison to a static Vanilla/Classic WoW. If WoW Classic truly does remain static for longer than 2 years, it will start collapsing.
    Project 1999 is vanilla EverQuest. There is literally no better comparison. Like I said, 8 and years and they still have a very active player base, 2 years since it was officially endorsed by Daybreak. They don't add content, people play because they want to play it as it was in 1999, before any expansions were released. And EverQuest peaked with 450,000 subscribers. WoW peaked with over 12 fucking MILLION, over 26 times the number of active subscribers. Even vanilla peaked with over 7 million. And you think that it won't last long? Let's not even consider the fact that there's a lot of active subscribers who play on private servers, which have the risk of being shut down at any moment, usually have issues, and are only played by people who want to put in the work of downloading the vanilla client and changing the realmlist and creating an account on some third party site. Why did you ignore everything I said after the first sentence?
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2017-11-15 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    I guess new content would confirm Classic as WoW 2.

Deleted
    You guys do realize it's Activision Blizzard now right? And that a lot of the devs from the "vanilla team" split and went to make games such as WildStar? It's cute that so many of you like to daydream and all but you'll be in a for a surprise none the less.

If the classic servers are really popular I can see Blizz creating some new content.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    The big question I have is will they add new content after 40 man Naxx like a 40 man Karazhan with better loot to keep the progression going or its all going to end with Naxx for eternity.

What was cool about classic is that you had very few guilds finishing all the content before new content was being pushed out. I think after a while when guilds have Naxx on farm they may release a new 40 man raid to keep people progressing.
    Umm, no.

Just no. After completing Naxx, your PC will self-destruct. There is no more WoW. You're done. Go live your life.

Nope, can't happen at all. Nope. Zip. Nada. Then it won't be muh vanilla.

*Ahem* I'd actually be fine with this, but I'm also pro-class balancing, sooo...

The big question I have is will they add new content after 40 man Naxx like a 40 man Karazhan with better loot to keep the progression going or its all going to end with Naxx for eternity.

What was cool about classic is that you had very few guilds finishing all the content before new content was being pushed out. I think after a while when guilds have Naxx on farm they may release a new 40 man raid to keep people progressing.
    This is beyond getting ridiculous... Do people really have the much trouble comprehending the word "Classic", "Legacy", "Vanilla", etc...???

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't add anything.
    It's a novelty act, a distraction from the live game.
    Why would they develop something additional? It's backwards. At best, they re-hash the past as it was, at worst they create a "new" timeline type of scenario because things that didn't happen back then get added.
    Let it be classic, let it have its novelty, then let it die so live can keep progressing as it has as the central focus.
    It's so weird that people want new dev on it, but also want it to remain exactly as it was, but also with QoL changes, but also without QoL changes, but also...

Basically, there are so many camps of classic folk, they won't win in any direction they go, so I say they should take the road of "here, play classic as it was" and leave it at that.
    At most, maybe do another "launch" like 1.0 live back in the day, then every few months, patch it, like live back in the day, until 1.12, then call it a day and let it just... be.
    With what they know now, and with software limitations a thing of the past, they can do events like the opening of AQ more reliably (my experience was "oh, look, I lagged out again and got placed back in a queue with hundreds, if not thousands of people... cool") so those who weren't there (or couldn't participate like me) can see what all the hubbub was about.

Oh, plus, a 40man Kara would NOT be great, it was a clusterfuck with 10 people trying to convince those mouthbreathers to NOT MOVE.
    Imagine that cramped ass room with 40 goddamn people littered about, blowing up everyone and causing massive rage.
    And chess? What, tell half the raid to just sit there with thumbs up their ass while (hopefully) the people who know wtf to do are doing it?
    Screw that noise.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Here's how I think it will go down:
    - Classic release: overwhelming success.
    - Classic after 3 months: 80% less then launch, but still overwhelming success
    - Classic after 1 year: people are starting to be done TBC announced
    - Classic after 2 years: people are starting to be done: Wrath announced
    - Classic after 3 years: people are starting to be done: New expansion announced (NOT Cataclysm)

Timings may differ, and some 'museum' Classic servers may be locked at Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, but the progression of the Legacy WoW MMO will evolve Vanilla/TBC/Wrath (no cross realm LFD)/New Content
    Yeah, no. They won't make new content for Classic servers. If they ever go past vanilla they will go through the expansions we have.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Enjoying vanilla won't just be about finishing raid content. It's not like WoW now where that's all you fucking care about.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not going to be dead, possibly a LOT less activity, but not dead. People still play EverQuest. Just less than a couple years ago they made Project 1999 official. https://www.everquest.com/news/project-1999-daybreak

That project has been going since 2009, 8 years ago. And EverQuest never got as popular as WoW, and Blizzard today had the fucking gigantic audience of the world with BlizzCon, not just a little shitty article on a website (relatively) nobody visits.
    I get that but with wow, you have easy access to the main game, sure a lot of people will jump on the hype train but maybe not dead but a lot less active with a game like wow

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Anything "After Naxx" wouldn't be "Vanilla"
    Yet I kind of see them doing the route of Oldschool Runescape, where they do add in new content, but make it keep that vanilla feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Basically, there are so many camps of classic folk, they won't win in any direction they go
    You couldn't be more wrong. The win will be ezpz, no matter what 'direction' they take as long as it is a classic style MMO in the WoW universe. What unites all proponents of legacy is their love for the type of game it was. They might bicker over details, but that is just about th cherries on top, not the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. The win will be ezpz, no matter what 'direction' they take as long as it is a classic style MMO in the WoW universe. What unites all proponents of legacy is their love for the type of game it was. They might bicker over details, but that is just about th cherries on top, not the cake.
    Activition are greedy but they are not stupid. I think they will setup the retail version for casuals, PVPers and dungeon runners while classic will be for hardcore 40 man raiders. They will update both versions of the game with new content. Ideally they will never increase the lvl cap in classic but they will need to add more lvl 60 content to keep people busy after 12 months. The best way to achieve this is more high level raids with better loot than naxx.
    Last edited by Vladar; 2017-11-15 at 05:55 PM.

Activition are greedy but they are not stupid. I think they will setup the retail version for casuals, PVPers and dungeon runners while classic will be for hardcore 40 man raiders. They will update both versions of the game with new content. Ideally they will never increase the lvl cap in classic but they will need to add more lvl 60 content to keep people busy after 12 months. The best way to achieve this is more high level raids with better loot than naxx.
    It's a valid option. I still think they will go TBC/Wrath first before venturing into new classic expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    Yet I kind of see them doing the route of Oldschool Runescape, where they do add in new content, but make it keep that vanilla feel.
    Well to do that, they would have to do something interesting, like go with their original use for Kara as the next raid for Lvl 60 content, since that's why Atiesh summoned a portal for the user's group to Kara.

I would like to see Old Outlands, Hyjal, beta Karazhan, beta Caverns of Time and classic designed Black Temple if that is the case.

You mean BC?
    If they maintain a Diablo like season system, sure I'm down with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

I would love to see the outrage from people who only play retail at that time seeing their submoney being spend on patches for a classic server for content that they maybe never play, either they introduce seperate sub fees or charge DLC esque prices for a "Classic Content Patch", or else its gonna be ugly pr work ahead for blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    FOR THE 55TH THOUSANDTH TIME: If you want anything added/buffed/altered/changed in any way shape or form...you don't want and aren't getting classic wow. /thread

And for those thinking they will eventually upgrade it to TBC and onward. I highly doubt it. If fact, in one of the interviews done during blizzcon one of the reps from blizzard flat out said, "At this time that isn't something we are even discussing. The plan is bring back the classic 1-60 experience and leave it at that." I'd personally be willing to bet my right leg it never goes past the vanilla content. And TBH, it shouldn't.
    I'm gonna need the 55 thousandth and one time, I think I missed your point.

And you don't know what the "plan" is because even Blizzard isn't sure of what the plan will be.

/thread reopened
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    You people asked for vanilla, not vanilla+.
    Most people are asking for vanilla+ either with new content, new character models, updated graphics, etc. Looking at the survey asking ppl what they wanted to see in vanilla most people wanted at least some changes and improvement from what WOW was in 2004 to 2007.