Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Doesn't sound like they are 100% committed to an EXACT vanilla experience to me.
    You just misunderstood what they're talking about. The issue is that vanilla was not a single thing, it was 12 major patches, none of which represents the one "authentic" vanilla WoW. The kinds of questions they need to answer are: Do we put the catchup mechanisms of the last patch into the game at the start, even though it would trivialize a lot of the earlier content? Do we cap UBRS at 15, 10 or maybe 5 players? Do we release all the content at once, or introduce them over time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Yeah and look at how well that's went down, Overwhelmingly negative.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9342460#post-6

Herpderp

"A minority are discussing changes, That means vanilla isn't vanilla anymore REEEE"
    Doesn't matter, the fact that they are discussing them means that they are open to making them. Have a look at how the poll is going down by the way That should be more accurate as people can vote anonymously from a list of individual changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    You just misunderstood what they're talking about. The issue is that vanilla was not a single thing, it was 12 major patches, none of which represents the one "authentic" vanilla WoW. The kinds of questions they need to answer are: Do we put the catchup mechanisms of the last patch into the game at the start, even though it would trivialize a lot of the earlier content? Do we cap UBRS at 15, 10 or maybe 5 players? Do we release all the content at once, or introduce them over time?
    IF you go back and read all the blue responses to that thread, one of the things he actually mentions is class balance.
    This is more so a "we", the Community team, remember that class balance was one of the more contentious discussions during the early days - and it could be useful feedback to continue those discussion so we can have a concrete place to look at how players feel Classic balance should be.

Should class balance be left as it was, or should it be tweaked within a certain margin, or should it be constantly tuned and worked on? I'm not so certain that any specific one is the default, correct choice.

None of this cafeteria pick-n-choose for your vanilla experience. Vintage vanilla experience means having to respec at a class trainer for increasing amounts of money, having only 1 viable tank class, old school aggro, rebuffing constantly, debilitating poisons, curses, diseases that can linger on you up to 30 minutes.

I'm happy that people are getting what they want with this Classic Server stuff, but I think what they remember vs. how it actually was are markedly disparate. If anything they should be clamoring for Wrath Servers not Vanilla servers, because Wrath was a massive quality of life improvement on almost every conceivable level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    IF you go back and read all the blue responses to that thread, one of the things he actually mentions is class balance.
    That's the community team, not the developers and designers. Once actual designers start talking about wanting to rebalance classes, then I'll get worried.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Doesn't matter, the fact that they are discussing them means that they are open to making them. Have a look at how the poll is going down by the way That should be more accurate as people can vote anonymously from a list of individual changes.
    When the poll advocating private servers came out people were saying how it was full of trolls voting multiple times and bots, Now this one is perfectly accurate?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post48040467

Hmmm...

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-26
    Like J. Allen Brack has said, our goal is to create an experience that is as close to that original World of Warcraft experience as possible. I personally do not see that as us chasing things down and reinventing the wheel, and definitely not anything that would fundamentally change how Vanilla was, but there are conversations that do need to happen, and if your only goal is to come here and try to stop them instead of participating and adding valuable input to one side or the other, then you're most likely not welcome here.
    Face it people want Vanilla, Asked for Vanilla and are getting Vanilla. Blizzard themselves called it Vanilla, Fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    This isn't just some QoL minor addition, this is something that is needed for the game to thrive, so healers can have ret sets and actually use them in pvp, to actually have a thriving community to its highest potential. I'm on a classic server right now, and I recall from my time during classic before this, I remember being a holy paladin who could literally do none of the Badge quest in silithis and for naxxramas

I remember not being able to have enough gold to swap back when I finished my questing because gold was actually hard to get back then , so I just could not participate in said event.

I know you want to MUH Vanilla on everything but logical forethought would tell you that making people unable to play portions of the game is not some ingenius game design we should be so quick to want to preserve.

Any holy priest, paladin, restoration druid protection warrior with little gear will know exactly what I mean by this.
    Hm I think this was somehow the hardcore feeling back in AQ40. When we needed 1 more Tank and I hearthstoned back to respec to bear for the raid Most people send me some money afterwards. I guess if they really make this classic servers it will be only bug fixes and no changes at all. I think that is fine because the game was something different compared to now. I do not say it was better, since I really enjoy all the casual stuff because I have become a casual myself over the years - just different
    Last edited by Pheraz; 2017-11-15 at 04:46 PM.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    wouldnt be vanilla then would it
    Good thing it's not called World of Warcraft: Vanilla then huh?

On topic: I don't see the point, most classes only had one viable spec anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    That's the community team, not the developers and designers. Once actual designers start talking about wanting to rebalance classes, then I'll get worried.
    Right, but the developer team is still coming together. You better believe that the community team will be bringing all the data they have about people demanding changes to vanilla to the dev team. What they finally decide to do about it is anyone's guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Logical forethought would tell you to stick with live expansions and leave vanilla to the people that don't need an easy mode button.

Deleted
    When the poll advocating private servers came out people were saying how it was full of trolls voting multiple times and bots, Now this one is perfectly accurate?
    Many of the purists who voted on the poll advocating private servers with bots and trolls would now be voting against the changes, so yes, probably fairly accurate.

Face it people want Vanilla, Asked for Vanilla and are getting Vanilla. Blizzard themselves called it Vanilla, Fact.
    Blizzard themselves called it CLASSIC, Fact.

.....here we go !! lets add stuff to classic to make it more convenient. Lol This stuff is just starting and its so far away . Vanilla didn't not have that and neither should classic. People say they want vanilla Wow, but its obvious they really don't. Calling FOR ANY KIND OF CHANGES makes it not Vanilla and some other "hybrid" game, call it classic or whatever you want but don't call it vanilla, because any kind of QoL change makes it not Vanilla. Blizz needs to release it at the patch right before TBC so people get want they are asking for and STFU and accept it OR STOP ASKING FOR IT!............. Already starting.

you think you want Vanilla but you don't...we are going to see this stuff for the next year or 2 lmao......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    .....here we go !! lets add stuff to classic to make it more convenient. Lol This stuff is just starting and its so far away . Vanilla didn't not have that and neither should classic. People say they want vanilla Wow, but its obvious they really don't. Calling FOR ANY KIND OF CHANGES makes it not Vanilla and some other "hybrid" game, call it classic or whatever you want but don't call it vanilla, because any kind of QoL change makes it not Vanilla. Blizz needs to release it at the patch right before TBC so people get want they are asking for and STFU and accept it OR STOP ASKING FOR IT!............. Already starting.

you think you want Vanilla but you don't...we are going to see this stuff for the next year or 2 lmao......
    No one who wants changes is referring to it as Vanilla, they are calling it Classic. And they're not going to stop discussing it because you claim they are using incorrect terminology.

Many of the purists who voted on the poll advocating private servers with bots and trolls would now be voting against the changes, so yes, probably fairly accurate.

Blizzard themselves called it CLASSIC, Fact.

""You Vanilla, I like cookies & cream" then proceeds to show the classic wow video"

Herp
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    ""You Vanilla, I like cookies & cream" then proceeds to show the classic wow video"

Herp
    It's an anology, which you're taking as literal purposely to try and further your message that Classic should be a copy/paste of Vanilla.

Dismissed.

It's an anology, which you're taking as literal purposely to try and further your message that Classic should be a copy/paste of Vanilla.

Dismissed.
    They called it Vanilla, They called Legion cookies & cream.

Discussion over.
    Yeah.

Deleted
    They called it Vanilla, They called Legion cookies & cream.

Discussion over.
    They referred to it as Vanilla, they called it (drumroll) AND IT IS CALLED, Classic!

Dismissed.

They referred to it as Vanilla, they called it (drumroll) AND IT IS CALLED, Classic!

Dismissed.
    So you're in agreement they called it Vanilla. /Thread.
    Yeah.

Deleted
    So you're in agreement they called it Vanilla. /Thread.
    Missing a key difference in language buddy

refer-mention or allude to.

name-give a name to.

call-to cry out in a loud voice; shout, to summon.

They referred to it as Vanilla, They NAMED it Classic, they didn't "call it" anything because it's not a dog, it's a videogame.
    Last edited by mmocd2ad2cb4e7; 2017-11-15 at 05:36 PM.

Fuckin milllenials want everything easy for them
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?