Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    One thing is certain and that is Blood God G'huun being the real deal. He's going to intimidate everyone on Azeroth once he gets released, even Azshara and N'zoth has nothing on him. You won't kill such a grant and powerful being in the Raid. Not a chance, you'll just meet him there.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    One thing is certain and that is Blood God G'huun being the real deal. He's going to intimidate everyone on Azeroth once he gets released, even Azshara and N'zoth has nothing on him. You won't kill such a grant and powerful being in the Raid. Not a chance, you'll just meet him there.
    All we know about G'huun is that he corrupted a Wild God/Loa.
    We fought 2 Titans. We just ended the Legion. In their home turf.

Pretty sure we can take on some failed experiment
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Hakkar could be G'huuns bitch for all we know and could pop up in a quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

Not the first time we've gone against failed experiments either *Cough* Nefarian shennigans *Cough*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not the first time we've gone against failed experiments either *Cough* Nefarian shennigans *Cough*
    And that wasn't even a main bad guy
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Well I wouldnt be surprised if we found out that Ghuun was able to trick ZulJin to appoint Sylvanas as warchief hoping to push his plans forward.
    That's the least likely of scenarios. Tricking clueless trolls is a thing, tricking a Shadow Hunter is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Isoe View Post
    Speaking of G'huun being able to wipe out all living creatures of Azeroth, i'm wondering if it could be a reference to the Corrupted blood disease https://wow.gamepedia.com/Corrupted_Blood_(debuff) which infected entire realms. Maybe Blizzard will toy with the idea sometimes during BfA.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Uldir should have a life-exterminating machine similar to Uldum. I don't think it's G'huun the one able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It would also be cool if they don't go "Zul is corrupted omg Old gods boohoo" route.

I like what Arrashi said about Zul using that abomination locked in Uldir to basically invent his own Loa and exploit trolls beliefes in effort to elvate himself to prophet status and get trolls to follow him.
    I think Blizzard would do a terrible disservice to the character if Zul is portrayed as some power-mad villain. I mean, he's definitely a villain but I think, so far, he has been portrayed even slightly sympathetic and while his methods may be fucked up, his motives maybe are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I know. My point is that if the rebels under Zul are working for/with the Blood God in Uldir, and it is Hakkar, than it wouldn't have made sense for them to enslave Hakkar in Zul'gurub. So Hakkar and G'huun are very unlikely to be the same.
    I have some doubts about Zul and his gang working for G'huun. So far, it's Blood Trolls that revere that creature. The mention about an internal uprising within Zandalar society surely points at Zul but I think he's more likely exploiting Blood Trolls for his own goals, quite fitting considered the pretty rude treatment he reserved to Hakkar in Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

If you haven't yet put Larry on ignore your time in the lore forum is drastically mismanaged fellow Troll fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    That's the least likely of scenarios. Tricking clueless trolls is a thing, tricking a Shadow Hunter is another.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Uldir should have a life-exterminating machine similar to Uldum. I don't think it's G'huun the one able to do that.

I think Blizzard would do a terrible disservice to the character if Zul is portrayed as some power-mad villain. I mean, he's definitely a villain but I think, so far, he has been portrayed even slightly sympathetic and while his methods may be fucked up, his motives maybe are not.

I have some doubts about Zul and his gang working for G'huun. So far, it's Blood Trolls that revere that creature. The mention about an internal uprising within Zandalar society surely points at Zul but I think he's more likely exploiting Blood Trolls for his own goals, quite fitting considered the pretty rude treatment he reserved to Hakkar in Cataclysm.
    All we've heard between Zul and Rastakhan is that Zul is more likeable. His attempted conquest of Pandaria and resurrection of Lei Shen was prompted by the need to save the people of Zandalar.

Honestly, I'm shocked Rastakhan isn't going to be taking a villain role. He seemed far more unhinged than the prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I think Blizzard would do a terrible disservice to the character if Zul is portrayed as some power-mad villain. I mean, he's definitely a villain but I think, so far, he has been portrayed even slightly sympathetic and while his methods may be fucked up, his motives maybe are not..
    Oh I agree with that. It probably wasn't as clear from my post.

The idea was that maybe Zul was able to predict Cataclysm by somehow exploiting G'huun who is locked in Uldir, basically tricking people into believing he possesses prophetical powers which rose him to popularity in the first place. I like idea of Zul exploiting G'huun more than other way around because that way is too obvious. He wouldn't do that out of pure evilness or power hunger, but instead maybe he genuinely believes that he could lead Zandalari to better future with such trump card under his command.

But now that I reread what was told about Zandalar civil war, I am not sure if Zul and blood trolls & G'huun are even connected? All they said is that Zul and Rasthakhan are at each others throats and that Zul and his followers seek powers of ancient Zandalari kings for their own dark machinations.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-11-16 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    All we've heard between Zul and Rastakhan is that Zul is more likeable. His attempted conquest of Pandaria and resurrection of Lei Shen was prompted by the need to save the people of Zandalar.

Honestly, I'm shocked Rastakhan isn't going to be taking a villain role. He seemed far more unhinged than the prophet.
    More than unhinged Rastakhan seemed indecisive and curiously unwilling to listen Zul's grim prophecies, even though he's supposedly the most powerful Troll on Azeroth. On the other hand, Zul ended up being a villain more for his strikingly proactive approach rather than being any worse of the God-King. Let's not forget that Vol'jin mentions Rastakhan himself during the 4.1 events and while he may have effectively had no role in the whole Pandaria affair, an Herald of Rastakhan stirred shit up in Dun Morogh, triggering a frenzy among the local Frostmane trolls to assault and conquer Ironforge.

The only reason I can see Zul becoming "worse" in BfA is him having some incredibly fucked up vision leading him to a drastic change of plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    I don't really thi- ...oh that's you Larry. That explains a lot.