Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its pretty obvious that many players are looking for a classic experience rather than a 1:1 vanilla recreation if you actually look at the poll. People mostly voted in a way that had the expansion roll out over time and things that damage the classic feel (flying, lfd, lfr) were totally shot down where as a lot of things that just eliminate awkward situations like gbanks have a lot more support. New content and graphics aren't looked down upon either. Many people are just interested in a good game rather than just a purely vanilla experience. Really its a lot like the old school runescape ordeal. You had the purist vs the people who wanted new and exciting content but felt the current game had really just abandoned the principals of what they originally wanted in the game.

As for gold get ready for people to trade current WoW gold for vanilla gold like "WTT BFA gold for classic gold 150 to 1 PST"
    Last edited by Erolian; 2017-11-15 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    "Would you like an option to pay an additional $15/month to double your leveling rate?"

The fuck is wrong with some people.
    As was previously discussed, this is to weed out some of the stupidest trolls.

The results itself seem fine to me. Nothing particularly triggering. I seem to be agreeing with the majority on everything.

Still hold the belief that the real Vanilla fans can come to a decent compromise. The trolls will be out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Blizzard needs to just tune all (yes, all) of you people out and re-release the original game, as it was, with the same patch/content rollout. Start it with MC, then BWL, then AQ, then Naxx.

Fix the gamebreaking bugs, sure, and implement stuff to fight things like bots... but the game itself needs to be the original World of Warcraft.
    This is what happening in the poll bru, except for all those little things that were already garbage at the time and that we all wanted to be fixed and I hope it will be, because pure nostalgia is just stupid

Like : « Oh plz I want the EXACT same game I played B4 »

Just no, the shit needs to be tweaked a lil to be enjoyable, like flypath and shit, even less gold for re spec should be fine, because 50g per change, just no way, it just supports and incites gold selling
    Last edited by mmoc860fcb4d54; 2017-11-15 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This is a good poll. It shows that the super hardcore whining crowd is whining about nothing.

Very, very few people want LFR, Flying, increased leveling speed or even additional FPs, but plenty of people want things like guild banks, updated graphics, toggleable auto-loot, lower respec cost, additional tuning to make other tanks viable, future class balance, etc.

So the No changes! crowd is a minority even among a populace that largely doesn't want QoL improvements.
    You dont know who the people are that voted, you dont know if any of them actually asked for classic vanilla servers, you dont know that any of them will actually play on classic servers long term. The survey my also be skewed if the people that actually wanted official classic servers to begin with dont see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    I think the OPTIMAL solution would be Server A stays vanilla, Server B opens TBC, first month you can transfer your vanilla char (NOT COPY) if you want. This way both sides are happy. I can keep my vanilla char and go a new TBC one, you can move yours if you wish.
    Why would you not be allowed to copy your character over? Like... people aren't going to take the time to level up again, but people will also want to experience TBC I'm sure. So... you should just be allowed to copy your character over so that the Vanilla experience doesn't explode when half of the players leave for TBC and never come back because they don't want to grind out 1-60 ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Why would you not be allowed to copy your character over? Like... people aren't going to take the time to level up again, but people will also want to experience TBC I'm sure. So... you should just be allowed to copy your character over so that the Vanilla experience doesn't explode when half of the players leave for TBC and never come back because they don't want to grind out 1-60 ever again.
    It seems you didnt read what i wrote. I clearly wrote that you should be able to transfer over your 60 if you want to, but not be forced too. This way we who want to keep our vanilla char and level a new TBC one up can, and if you want to move yours then you are free to do so.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

interesting.... some questions seem obvious bait ones. I am most curious to LFR type additions though. Purest obviously don't want them and might not be needed at the start but 2 years into it? hmm...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    It seems you didnt read what i wrote. I clearly wrote that you should be able to transfer over your 60 if you want to, but not be forced too. This way we who want to keep our vanilla char and level a new TBC one up can, and if you want to move yours then you are free to do so.
    Think hes saying you should be able to keep your vanilla 60 AND copy it to the TBC server. Which makes a hell of a lot more sense than anything else because you either can't xfer a character at all to TBC or the TBC server will just cannibalize the vanilla one if you can xfer off of it. Character copy is the only thing that makes sense unless you want to force everyone to redo the whole vanilla leveling on the TBC server
    Last edited by Erolian; 2017-11-15 at 06:20 PM.

Lmao, if the questioned stuff such as adding flying, increased leveling rate and paid increased leveling rate would actually make it into classic, classic would flop in no time. I sure hope that Blizzard isn't going to rebuild classic specifically on the outcome of this questionnaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Would you like to see classic expansions implemented at some point in the life of Classic?
    66% Yes

Should classic expansions increase the level cap or remain at level 60?
    72% Remain at 60

Should classic expansions use other continents or should all new zones be part of the existing continents?
    62% Use existing continent only.

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT. You want TBC but you don't want outlands and you don't want the 10 more lvls and the skills and talents that come with it?

What the fuck do you want? There's nothing else, TBC was a continent and 10 lvls, but you don't want that... but you want TBC? You.. what? I don't even. This community is more retarded than I thought.
    People don't want TBC though for these classic expansions. They're interested in new level 60 content basically. TBC wouldn't work since we don't want flying AT ALL. TBC brought flying. We dont want that.

The part that baffles me is the whole "Add new dungeons/raids" but then "keep new dungeon rewards at or below Naxx leve"

That doesn't even make sense. I (and apparently a lot of others) want them to release new raids and shit after a while, but what kind of garbo is it if the new raids are harder than Naxx but drop the same quality gear???

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    There's nothing there that says anything about TBC though? It's classic expansions, as in new zones for classic. Not TBC expansion. I wouldn't mind them adding new zones to the classic version of the game, to give us more to do.

They also had a question about if we wanted TBC servers released at some point, and if we wanted the option to be able to copy our classic chars over. In other words: New servers but with TBC, that are seperate from the Classic servers we get now. So we get the option to either play Classic or TBC, which I find amazing.
    For the love of god. It takes them 5 miracles and a dozen virgin sacrifice to get one xpack out without too much bullshit in it and you want them to make 2 different xpacks at a time? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

One question I'd love to see added as a subsection to the LFD/LFR is this:

Would you like to see the addon Call to Arms baked into the game UI and act as the dungeon finding / raid finding tool?

You can see the actual addon and description here. This addon was a more "hands on" approach to finding groups, and toward the end of its lifespan had the ability to flag groups as needing certain classes as well. In its original form, it scanned chat for keywords. Improving on it for the sake of QoL, the chat requirement could be eliminated and the addon built into the UI using its own hidden channel to link to everyone that is looking for a group. Doing it that way provides the best of both vanilla's experiences with a slightly more modernized UI underpining to tidy things up (CtA's original configuration had a fairly steep learning curve for its time).

I suspect that while people aren't really interested in the automated matchmaking system of today's LFD/LFR, they would appreciate a way to customize their groups and group flags in the way Call to Arms allowed.

People don't want TBC though for these classic expansions. They're interested in new level 60 content basically. TBC wouldn't work since we don't want flying AT ALL. TBC brought flying. We dont want that.

The part that baffles me is the whole "Add new dungeons/raids" but then "keep new dungeon rewards at or below Naxx leve"

That doesn't even make sense. I (and apparently a lot of others) want them to release new raids and shit after a while, but what kind of garbo is it if the new raids are harder than Naxx but drop the same quality gear???
    That's a question that shouldn't have even been polled for now. Save that for later and ask the people who actually do end game content. Guarantee the answer changes because who wants to just sit there out of content forever?

Yeah, I noticed that discrepancy too. Honestly doubtful they will release new content as opposed to just rolling out TBC.

However, if the whole experiment proves successful few years down the road, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    The only one I was kinda surprised was people not wanting other tanks to be viable in 40man raids.

Like... why? It won't even be a difficult fix either: give paladins taunt, and give Def Rating on leather items for bears.
    The only acceptable thing here would be defensive gear for bears. Alliance was already favored in PvE due to Paladins and dwarf priests. Paladins with their blessings were pretty good. Really shouldn't make a faction specific class any better than it already was.

is cool to see what some people think of these features and ability

i sense an old school runescape vibe coming around

Fake news.

How would you deal with better gear than Naxx getting into the game? Eventually the power gap between a fresh 60 and a max-tier 60 would be insane and a max-tier 60 would just be able to one-shot everything in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I basically need to vote twice for this survey. I hope for one of two things:

We either start with 1.0 and go through all of Vanilla like it was, minus the bugs.

We have a sort of Patch 1.13, which is a "best of" mix of various Vanilla Patches. For example, all dungeons are open, but they may not be nerfed. Battlegrounds are open, but Alterac is in it's 1.5 or 1.8 state. Stuff like this. They may actually be able to squeeze in more changes, like buffing MC mobs and bosses because we can enter with T0.5 and ZG items, which wasn't possible at release. However, they should only do this if we only get a single patch and no further upgrades beyond bug fixes.

No one said harder either. Just new stuff, which has some random ilvl, either same as naxx or lower, so most likely easier than naxx. Either way those are all bad ideas. If you want stuff after naxx it needs to continue progressing. Then people need to decide if they want more lvls or not. More lvls mean it's possible to catch up decently which is why xpacks work the way they do now, which is perfect regardless of people's wrong opinion. Or we are stuck at 60 but we progress endlessly which means that any new player or alts are forced to do all earlier content to reach the point where everybody else is. Or you add catch up mechanics which means walfare epics that everyone spit on.

As you can see, there's no good option with that model, it's only shit with more shit on it.