Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Neither does your lack of reading comprehension. I said they should tune out ALL of you. Not some of you.

The whole ****ing point of this whole ****ing years-long ordeal was convincing Blizzard to re-release the original version of WoW - i.e. the one that made people fall in love with it in the first place.
    but how do you even know which version made people fall in love with the game? TBC + Wrath had more overall players subbed and combined probably doubled or tripled (maybe even more) the number of players they pulled in for the first time when compared to vanilla. That's the real reason you see people wanting a classic experience rather than an exact vanilla remake. Most of these people want the feel of older WoW more than they want specific content. Maybe they could release multiple expansion themed classic servers or maybe they could just use vanilla as a base to eventually create a game that's in with the spirit of older wow even if some of the content is new

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Well, if they don't make it harder then it isn't new content. The people in Naxx gear who have killed KT will just roflstomp through the new raid like it was a piece of cake. Doesn't make any sense. Also, you have to remember that the gear quality between raids wasn't THAT crazy. It isn't like it is on live where every raid is a 45 item level gap from minimum to maximum difficulty. You could have the gear from new raid give you like 3 more agility and 2 more stamina and it would still be an upgrade and worth it.
    If it's content that wasn't there before, it's new, regardless of how irrelevant it is.

This survey was originally a very good insight. Now that it's been shared with the entire retail community it has started to reflect ideas that the majority of actual classic fans don't want.

Even something as small as updated character models will be detrimental to classic servers. The "slippery slope" argument most certainly appies.

Deleted
    Would you like an option to pay an additional $15/month to double your leveling rate?
    What the actual fuck ? Nevermind, filter question.
    Last edited by mmocde357daa39; 2017-11-15 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well, the same could be said for many classes in vanilla. Paladins, druids, shamans.
    Not every spec was meant to be your main damage dealers.

If Blizzard changes this it won't be classic and you might as well play the retail version of WoW.
    See I agree with this, but I also feel like it was a little bit TOO weak in Vanilla as well. I don't want ret paladins being brought to raids in order to be competitive DPS, but people make it sound like it's completely not viable at all (Keep in mind I played Horde warlock/warrior in late Vanilla so I didn't understand the state of a lot of classes or specs which were considered not viable) to take a ret paladin. I wouldn't want a spec to be completely useless necessarily. I agree that paladins should ALWAYS be a hybrid, but a hybrid that does some damage and some healing/utility should have a place in a raid. Maybe it's just the mentality of Min/max that's the problem I dunno. Healers tend to DPS during their downtime on live so why couldn't it be the other way in Vanilla and still be useful?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    This survey was originally a very good insight. Now that it's been shared with the entire retail community it has started to reflect ideas that the majority of actual classic fans don't want.

Even something as small as updated character models will be detrimental to classic servers. The "slippery slope" argument most certainly appies.
    Except, you're wrong. I saw the results of the of answers from last night when it had only 1k votes. The results were all very nearly identical to how things are with MAYBE a few of the answers flopping from 52/48 not in favor to 52/48 in favor. Nothing DRASTIC has happened. 18.5k more people voted and flying is still crushed into the oblivion of "No" as if LFR, LFD, and very many obviously non-vanilla things.

You guys just want to believe whatever suits you I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    For the love of god. It takes them 5 miracles and a dozen virgin sacrifice to get one xpack out without too much bullshit in it and you want them to make 2 different xpacks at a time? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    Who said "two at a time"? They release classic, then in a couple of years they release a new server with TBC, giving us the option to transfere our classic chars over, or keep on going on the classic server.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Except, you're wrong. I saw the results of the of answers from last night when it had only 1k votes. The results were all very nearly identical to how things are with MAYBE a few of the answers flopping from 52/48 not in favor to 52/48 in favor. Nothing DRASTIC has happened. 18.5k more people voted and flying is still crushed into the oblivion of "No" as if LFR, LFD, and very many obviously non-vanilla things.

You guys just want to believe whatever suits you I swear.
    No, I'm not. You literally made my point for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Those are probably just test questions to see who is actually serious about a Classic server and who won't actually care so they can throw their answer away.
    Or maybe they start considering Pay2Win as a viable option, especially after the big anticipated fail BfA will be, even worse than WoD imo fosho
    Last edited by mmoc860fcb4d54; 2017-11-15 at 07:46 PM.

See I agree with this, but I also feel like it was a little bit TOO weak in Vanilla as well. I don't want ret paladins being brought to raids in order to be competitive DPS, but people make it sound like it's completely not viable at all (Keep in mind I played Horde warlock/warrior in late Vanilla so I didn't understand the state of a lot of classes or specs which were considered not viable) to take a ret paladin. I wouldn't want a spec to be completely useless necessarily. I agree that paladins should ALWAYS be a hybrid, but a hybrid that does some damage and some healing/utility should have a place in a raid. Maybe it's just the mentality of Min/max that's the problem I dunno. Healers tend to DPS during their downtime on live so why couldn't it be the other way in Vanilla and still be useful?
    But you see, if Blizzard starts chaning things like people want, then we're back to the original dev cycle and we'll end up with WoD and Legion again.
    This was supposed to be classic like classic was. The vanilla experience. Adding balance patches, LFR, dual specs and flying will not give you the vanilla experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    Why are people so against LFG being added? Did people really like standing around IF/ORG spamming gen chat for hours trying to find a tank or healer?
    What made classic WoW so great was community, that went to hell with LFG being introduced, nobody knew anyone anymore.........btw you didn't spend hours in IF/ORG looking for groups, that is some BS that people who probably never played spread around, you made friends and your guild was there as well.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Did I miss a scientific journal that classed them all as a new hive mind species?
    No but if you have the time over you should look into writing one.
    Sometimes I think several hive minds are developing among groups on these very forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post

Look people, some aspects of vanilla were really shit.
    Tell that to the purists who keep fogging up the forums with their posts about how Vanilla was perfect and if they change it for Classic they won't play and Blizz is the devil etc.

I mean even when you do they just tell you you're wrong so don't bother. Let them seethe while the rational thinkers change Classic into a much more playable game.

- - - Updated - - -

Did I miss a scientific journal that classed them all as a new hive mind species?
    They sure act like it sometimes, especially recently. Look at the drama from the official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Who said "two at a time"? They release classic, then in a couple of years they release a new server with TBC, giving us the option to transfere our classic chars over, or keep on going on the classic server.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
    You missed a part of the discussion here, a few posts before that we were talking about people who want an expansion following Classic that is not TBC, something completely new.

But you see, if Blizzard starts chaning things like people want, then we're back to the original dev cycle and we'll end up with WoD and Legion again.
    This was supposed to be classic like classic was. The vanilla experience. Adding balance patches, LFR, dual specs and flying will not give you the vanilla experience.
    I don't understand this argument. Dual spec, LFR, flying are all down voted into oblivion. What people want it seems to me is that Blizzard effectively make 1.13. The vanilla experience but some class re balancing and some minor QoL changes god forbid. If Vanilla had continued another 6 months they would have continued to balance the classes. Things like auto loot and guild banks aren't going to suddenly destroy the integrity of your classic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    Tell that to the purists who keep fogging up the forums with their posts about how Vanilla was perfect and if they change it for Classic they won't play and Blizz is the devil etc.
    straw man
    noun
    noun: strawman
    an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

I'd probably rather write a paper on the emotional dependancy people can feel for video games, with an emphasis on how change can trigger the defence mechanisms of said peoples brains.
    Sounds great. I'd be happy to review it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    I don't understand this argument. Dual spec, LFR, flying are all down voted into oblivion. What people want it seems to me is that Blizzard effectively make 1.13. The vanilla experience but some class re balancing and some minor QoL changes god forbid. If Vanilla had continued another 6 months they would have continued to balance the classes. Things like auto loot and guild banks aren't going to suddenly destroy the integrity of your classic experience.
    Yeah, it will.

Sounds great. I'd be happy to review it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it will.
    The equivalent of putting hands on your ears, shaking your heading and saying no no no no no no no.

If this survey is legit and Blizzard are considering any of that crap, then classic is well and truly F****d before it even starts.

It made my blood boil just reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Retail players are trying hard to ruin it for us.
    Last time I checked, Vanilla was aimed at retail players to you know, make that nostalgia in the first place, yo.

Deleted
    if they touch the graphics it wont be vanilla and I won't play it. The graphics are fine.
    This is really simple - drop 1.1 first and increase to 1.12 over a year or two.
    Then if people want stuff to change, make a poll and only change it if its 80% of people who want it.