Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This "look! new raids!" thing is getting repetitive. The game must evolve beyond this specific niche of group content, who is enjoyed by less than 25% of the playerbase (CHOZO, Bullshit Statistic, 2017).

I think what they'r doing with Warfront is a step in the right way. They looked into what made Warcraft, well, Warcraft - FACTIONS battling each other. Horde VS Alliance, Orgrimmar VS Murloc Tribe, Kul'tiras vs Terrors of the Deep, etc. Raids are weird, since they focus much more on a Boss, instead of the faction that the boss represents. The most important battles in Warcraft should involve you, as a Hero, with a army, against the enemie's Hero unit, and his army.

In the future, instead of a Raid Tier, we'll have a Warfront Tier. It will be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well, decreasing the game's dependence on it wouldn't be a bad thing.

At the very least I'd like to see limited time rewards and big story events taken out of raiding.

All they need to do to keep people from being angry is announce:

1. Raid specific Azerite Talents that work best in a raid environment

2. M+ specific Azerite Talents that work best in a dungeon enviroment.

Incentivizes both end game pieces of content without making the other obsolete, you do dungeons to do better in dungeons, you raid to do better in raids.

Right now you do Raids to do better in dungeons (sets) which I agree isn't right, but flat out removing it without offering something in return is why people are people are mad.

Deleted
    Elimination of tier sets improves raiding if you ask me. Your opinion is not truth.

Hahahahahahaha

As if. Hazzikostas doesn't give two shits about anything BUT raiding and getting a pat on the head for generating more "player engagement" by implementing more and more insidious timesinks.

They most definitely are not trying to kill raiding. By making more types of gear viable, they increase the value of war/titanforing/RNG which will in their minds lead to more grinding for more slots. Without a definite best piece in all the tier slots, they 1) save the effort they put into making and "balancing" tier sets 2) get people chasing even MORE random uprolls. it's a win/win for them that has nothing to do with killing the raid scene.

No, they're trying to kill pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    No, they're trying to kill pvp.
    PvP has been dead for years, they're not trying to kill it, they already did.

Deleted
    M+ eSports hype yo

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, in Vanilla the leveling experience was basically the game. Now it's the raiding. Maybe they're ready to try something new? Who knows - only time will tell.
    I think everybody's nuts.

15+ Year Old Account
    From my perspective, this is a great thing!
    Especially now with mythic+ gear. I have my 4 piece heroic ToS but most of it is 915 >.<. I can't get a warforge/titanforge to save my life yet my bag is filled with 935+ mythic+ gear. If I keep my 4 piece I am at 939 and with my highest ilvl 944. Feels bad to just leave it in my bag. I have to really wrack my brain if the bonuses are even worth it depending on how i am going to play in a given spec and I have like 6 different gear combinations I change into depending on circumstances...this could be reduced to 2 or 3.

I hate the dumbing down of the game but mythic+ adds a new dynamic. Also, when new sets suck (less optimal) compared to previous sets, upgrading doesn't feel good.
    It creates an impossible to win scenario for devs.

Great decision Blizz.
    Last edited by Animalhouse; 2017-11-15 at 07:56 PM.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    just a different way of enjoying the game.

why does raiding have to be the only way to progress ur char?
    Becuase it's the only way Blizzard is able to design challenging content?
    Besides, it's one of the few things that Blizzard is still able to do better than most other companies even though they did mess up quite a bit in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    With the announcement of eliminating tier sets, it feels like Blizzard wants to kill off raiding. I know what you are thinking, another player screaming "the sky is falling". But, with BfA and other changes from Legion, it seems Blizzard is steering the game to a more casual, open world sandbox and away from a structured game style, which is what raiding is.

Loot and gear is raining down all over the game. You can even obtain better gear from non raiding content as compared to raid drops. I am a heroic raider but my character probably about 50% non raid gear equipped. These pieces are from my mythic weekly caches, bonus week caches, emissary quests and relinquished gear from the Argus vendor. Heck, if you get lucky enough you can even top mythic level gear from some sources. Really, the only gear that is obtainable only from raiding is tier gear.

Ion said they are not getting rid of titanforging and other mechanics to increase item level from drops. This mechanic plus all the new sources for gear that is equal to or better than raid gear and eliminating tier sets, tells you where they want to take this game.

Raiding is about testing yourself against some of the toughest content in the game. Raiding is what brings people back week after week in order to progress and finally kill the end boss. But loot and gear was the carrot on the stick. It kept you coming back. And the satisfaction of finally downing that boss your team has struggled with is the reason we raid. But getting that epic tier piece, weapon, trinket, etc was the icing on the cake. Tier sets are unique to raiding. If you look at a player and see they are item level 930 but have no tier you can tell they dont raid. But if you look at a player with item level 930 and you see heroic or even mythic tier gear, you know they have beaten some of the hardest content in the game.
    They said so little. Dude, chill the fuck out. Maybe raiding will permanently have higher ilvl and maybe titanforge will never be more than 10 ilvl bonus, so if raids drop 300 ilvl stuff and M+ drop 275 then it's impossible to outgear raiders so everything would be fine. Maybe they'll come up with something new to get in raids instead of tier sets, seriously who the fuck knows we're talking about an xpack that wont be tested by the public before the end of summer 2018, calm down or call the cops.

Rip raiding 2004-2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Plot twist - the 3 slots affected by Heart of Azeroth will drop only from Raid instances
    Exactly they will ofc let helmets, shoulders and breastplates only drop in raids we will get nothing new starting with the addon exactly...

Arent other people bored with farming raid content over and over again atm to get TF'd tier gear rather than other modes of play like a mixture of raiding, M+ and pvp??

The biggest problem with raids is you HAVE to do them for tier gear, this solves that. I guess the only people who should complain are those who rely on a slave population of junior raiders from whom they can siphon raid drops from....

RIP being able to vampire suck gear drops from all the betas in your "guild" 2018 BfA sets everyone free. The Emancipation xpac.

Deleted
    As long as raiding still gives the superior default gear(because of the effort required to make a 20man group) I do not mind. It would become a serious problem if mythic+, relinquished or whatever was on pair with mythic raiding.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    1. It's 2016. So last year...
    2. Read the fucking article before you claim shit that blizzard themselves have retracted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Holy shit why do people over react so much in this community? Do you have that little going on in life?

You know nothing about how its going to work yet so stop worrying.
    The last raid tier isn't even out in Legion and there is absolutely gonna be tier in there.
    Shush. You try to feed off the blizzard tit so your opinion counts for nothing.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    I used to love raiding, back when it was 10-man. I won't buy BfA if the raiding formats stay the same. As far as your post goes, I'm fine with them getting rid of tier gear. People will still raid for trinkets and other stuff. I wouldn't be sad if "raiding died" anyway, as I feel its been dying for a long time. People use it as a means to get gear and then drop out (a lot of the time). Its not about guilds anymore, and that's a shame.
    But....you can still 10man raid.......

This is a really dumb conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    This is a really dumb conspiracy theory.
    Nah man, blizzard is totally trying to ruin pve so they can...

uh...

y'know.