Djinn race as an allied horde race ?

Hello MMO Champs
    Uldum is one of my best zones. the desert the art was majestic. but the most thing that interested me is the Jinn race.
    they are one of the first fantasy creatures, I heard of. people of wow may see them as elementals. but blizzard can go deeply in their lore.
    that we see them as Genie race, wich in many other fantasy and even some religion we see them as majestic race, specialy in the arcane.
    and there's a Geenie reference for Robin Williams in WoD.

They are very fund and good of magic they are bit similar of the elves and the draeinei but between.
    some people will say how about the mounts they don't have legs.
    The answer will be simple, just make there half smoke form a flying racial mount similar to druid or worgen running ability. and give them legs with some few smoke particle around it.

there capital city is bagdad or some desert city like it maybe an island near uldum or floating city similar to dalaran

their classes can be mage, shaman, priest and warlock.
    new spec battle mage.

why will join us we freed them from al akir. if you know jin follows their master wishes. so maybe they are not evil once they are freed.

the quest we need to find the mosbah, that was taken by twilight cult after alakir lost and free them. with the help of (Wrathion)
    who been tracking the cult for some time
    they may even help opening more bigger portals to silvermoon helping rebuilding the city and defend it from the alliance

just Imagine the sleeping animation is to return to the Mosbah or Fanoos
    Last edited by Farrarie; 2017-11-15 at 01:30 PM.

It certainly fits the whimsical "Crash Bandicoot" feeling of the Horde, so why not. Meanwhile they may add Vrykul or Ethereals to the Alliance.

It can not be a class, there is not enough literature/culture behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    It can not be a class, there is not enough literature/culture behind it.
    my English is meh I don't mean as a class but as a race
    the jin are a sorcerer race that can use arcane or even elemental as we see them with alakir

They're Air elementals, so I doubt we'll see that they become playable. But with this new allied race system, anything is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    They're Air elementals, so I doubt we'll see that they become playable. But with this new allied race system, anything is fair game.
    yess they are. but while we will have void elves, wich we will now have 4 elven races,no one will mind a genie race.
    wich is known in the fantasy and even some Relegions as majestic beings not as only air elementals.
    specialy in the arcane.
    don't forget Robin Williams npc
    Last edited by Farrarie; 2017-11-12 at 09:42 PM.

I mean.. they pulled Void elves from their asses. Anything is possible now.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    my English is meh I don't mean as a class but as a race
    the jin are a sorcerer race that can use arcane or even elemental as we see them with alakir
    Maybe I misread. Yeah, could be a race.

Djinn's art are awesome. Mustaches, pointy shoes, camel mounts and so on.

Where did you get the 5th picture?

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheLegion View Post
    Djinn's art are awesome. Mustaches, pointy shoes, camel mounts and so on.

Where did you get the 5th picture?
    all the pics are from google. I think flying carpet is the best mounts for jin, after their racial flying mount half smoke form.

Ethereals are much more popular and have some game presence already.

I think they'll tackle Ethereals first if they wanted a Middle Eastern race.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they were ever a playable race I would be a traitorous bitch in a heart-beat and join the Horde without ever looking back.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by ISW View Post
    Ethereals are much more popular and have some game presence already.

I think they'll tackle Ethereals first if they wanted a Middle Eastern race.
    Nah, Ethereals are not even considered Arabian. yess its middle eastern but still (ALL Arab World) and even (All Muslim World) have the Jinn fantasy and even believes. ask any Egyptian he will tell you there is a big different between the arab and the Feruons.
    unlike the Genie which is in the Islamic Religion and even in the Iraqi fantasy and most important (Arab magic believes.) and feel more of an Arabian than any other and will have more cool feature,
    like half smoke flying form as a flying mount.
    don't forget that blizzard implemented the void elves wich is a very similar to the Ethereals and we got 4 elven race now lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    If they were ever a playable race I would be a traitorous bitch in a heart-beat and join the Horde without ever looking back.
    Yess me too. I'm Even from Yemen not from Iraq but I like the Arabian nights stories and alf Layla wa layla. the Iraqi did a very good job to make a fantasy for all the Muslim diverse culture.

(just Imagine the sleeping animation is to return to the Mosbah or Fanoos)
    Last edited by Farrarie; 2017-11-15 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    Nah, Ethereals are not even considered Arabian. yess its middle eastern but still (ALL Arab World) and even (All Muslim World) have the Jinn fantasy and even believes. ask any Egyptian he will tell you there is a big different between the arab and the Feruons.
    unlike the Genie which is in the Islamic Religion and even in the Iraqi fantasy and most important (Arab magic believes.) and feel more of an Arabian than any other and will have more cool feature,
    like half smoke flying form as a flying mount.
    don't forget that blizzard implemented the void elves wich is a very similar to the Ethereals and we got 4 elven race now lol

- - - Updated - - -

Yess me too. I'm Even from Yemen not from Iraq but I like the Arabian nights stories and alf Layla wa layla. the Iraqi did a very good job to make a fantasy for all the Muslim diverse culture.

(just Imagine the sleeping animation is to return to the Mosbah or Fanoos)
    Oh I didn't just enjoy them for the Arabian culture and such, all that mythology was great, but my goodness the stories were so incredibly homoerotic or just erotic in general when taken close to their original translation. Kinda sad that Islamic culture became so anti-sex and anti-gay since that period where it seemed things would have changed, oh well.

Did you read any of the stories regarding king Solomon? Those were always great and heavily involved djinn.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Oh I didn't just enjoy them for the Arabian culture and such, all that mythology was great, but my goodness the stories were so incredibly homoerotic or just erotic in general when taken close to their original translation. Kinda sad that Islamic culture became so anti-sex and anti-gay since that period where it seemed things would have changed, oh well.

Did you read any of the stories regarding king Solomon? Those were always great and heavily involved djinn.
    the israelies are related to arab, so they have Jinn lore.
    and for the gay thing, our religion forbid that and any of the anal sex activity its written in our Holy book, but lesbians may have lesser punishment. because no anal sex committed. so if a person gay he cant be muslim. until he is straight.
    Last edited by Farrarie; 2017-11-15 at 08:52 PM.