Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    "Look how much I don't virtue signal! Praise me for this virtuous attribute!"

Literally you.
    Yeah, nah. I'm not looking for brownie points from anybody on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I know right
    Well, one day you'll say something important. Keep trying!

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah, nah. I'm not looking for brownie points from anybody on this site.
    Yes you are. Just not directly. You're asking that everyone recognizes how good your opinion is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, one day you'll say something important. Keep trying!
    What like virtue signaling to others how much you don't virtue signal? Oh wait no brownie points? Huh why post at all then? #6Dcheckmate

15+ Year Old Account
    What like virtue signaling to others how much you don't virtue signal? Oh wait no brownie points? Huh why post at all then? #6Dcheckmate
    Who am I virtue signaling to in this tread? Point them out please. Lol At least felya gave me an actual post with substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who am I virtue signaling to in this tread? Point them out please. Lol At least felya gave me an actual post with substance.
    muh Substance™

The very act of posting in a political thread is virtue signaling

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidkt View Post
    Logic and reason are not really factors that work for or against the wall. If you want to reduce the number of illegal crossings then a wall will accomplish that to varying degrees depending on how it's built. If reducing the number of illegal crossings is not desirable, then the wall would be pointless. It all depends on the person's priorities.
    Regardless of a person's priorities, the wall accomplishes very little in actual results. We've already seen it will be ineffectual in keeping people from crossing physically. So that's out - even if your priority is as simpleton as "keep 'dem illegals out!".

And then, in literally every other category, the wall only hurts the United States. In. Every. Single. Category.

15+ Year Old Account
    muh Substance™

The very act of posting in a political thread is virtue signaling
    Well yeah, muh has no substance so your opinion doesn't mean anything. I know you'll say mine doesn't either, but who quoted who first?

I see a card game company trying to sell more of their product by jumping on the LOOK WE HATE TRUMPS WALL TOO GUIZE!
    Is it really that far-fetched that the company (or at least the leadership) is also legitimately opposed to the wall?
    There are better people to try and take care of this issue.
    I would think actually the best approach would be a composition of political organizations, private companies, and individual citizens expressing opposition.

Sounds like a waste of money. The wall is never going to be built.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Is it really that far-fetched that the company (or at least the leadership) is also legitimately opposed to the wall?

I would think actually the best approach would be a composition of political organizations, private companies, and individual citizens expressing opposition.
    They can be, but is it really so hard to ask that a company stay out of politics and just make a fun game? A political organization and/or citizens make more sense than a card company trying to do this since in the end, they're just going to take it back anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://www.avclub.com/cards-against...1820449747/amp

https://www.cardsagainsthumanitysavesamerica.com/

Looks like it's sold out at the moment though, if you wanted to get in on it.
    Won't it be funny when the Federal government seizes the land?

They can be, but is it really so hard to ask that a company stay out of politics and just make a fun game? A political organization and/or citizens make more sense than a card company trying to do this since in the end, they're just going to take it back anyway.
    I mean, this is the same company that spent $100,000 digging a hole for no reason, sold 30,000 bags of bull feces for $6 each, and sold 11,700 units of literally nothing for $5 each. It's hijinks, not serious political statements. That it's actually getting a few people so worked up is probably half of the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Won't it be funny when the Federal government seizes the land?
    How so, given that is exactly what they're counting on? You know you can legally challenge eminent domain, right? Which is actually their stated goal? To make this as obnoxious and expensive for the federal government as possible, not actually prevent the wall from getting built.

Either way is likely a wash, as the chances of Trump getting his big beautiful finished wall at the end of his Presidency are negligible.

They can be, but is it really so hard to ask that a company stay out of politics and just make a fun game?
    To be fair the game is about being an obnoxious or offensive dick, so you could argue they're just being true-to-form.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I mean, this is the same company that spent $100,000 digging a hole for no reason, sold 30,000 bags of bull feces for $6 each, and sold 11,700 units of literally nothing for $5 each. It's hijinks, not serious political statements. That it's actually getting a few people so worked up is probably half of the fun.
    Messing with the potus isn't hijinx. I'd have the same problem if obama wanted to build something and the alt right bought land so he couldn't.

How so, given that is exactly what they're counting on? You know you can legally challenge eminent domain, right? Which is actually their stated goal? To make this as obnoxious and expensive for the federal government as possible, not actually prevent the wall from getting built.

Either way is likely a wash, as the chances of Trump getting his big beautiful finished wall at the end of his Presidency are negligible.

To be fair the game is about being an obnoxious or offensive dick, so you could argue they're just being true-to-form.
    I played it myself and I don't think any card combo made me feel more than "yowza"
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-11-15 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Removed because the Forum was moved to one showcasing a specific mod who cannot be trusted to be unbiased.

Original statement was quoted, still stand by it.
    Ahh behbeee

Here’s your “self rightiousness badge” for that braaaaaave display of virtue signaling!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, muh has no substance so your opinion doesn't mean anything. I know you'll say mine doesn't either, but who quoted who first?
    Doesn't matter how much you want to twist yourself into a knot trying to get around it but you are virtue signaling all the same. Maybe lay off the totes woke independent cliches and say something of Substance™ yo. Also this is boring now. Cya nerd

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter how much you want to twist yourself into a knot trying to get around it but you are virtue signaling all the same. Maybe lay off the totes woke independent cliches and say something of Substance™ yo. Also this is boring now. Cya nerd
    Ad hom on shit I've never said and run, huh? What were you saying about rational discourse again? Cause you're the only one in this thread who hasn't done that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ad hom on shit I've never said and run, huh? What were you saying about rational discourse again? Cause you're the only one in this thread who hasn't done that.
    Ain't no running here muh dude wanna have your little autism fit hmu in the pms I'll go toe to toe

(Infracted) ~ Trolling
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-11-16 at 02:22 AM.

I played it myself and I don't think any card combo made me feel more than "yowza"
    Yeah, but you get my point, the game isn't built around toeing the line or operating within 'societal norms', so its not a stretch for the company itself to behave in a similar manner.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ain't no running here muh dude wanna have your little autism fit hmu in the pms I'll go toe to toe
    I haven't seen this amount of projecting in awhile, jeez. If you can't handle somebody's opinion, i think you should take the day off the internet.

Yeah, but you get my point, the game isn't built around toeing the line or operating within 'societal norms', so its not a stretch for the company itself to behave in a similar manner.
    The game yeah, but I still would expect some professionalism from a company. Light hearted stuff is fine, but defying a president is a little too much.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-11-15 at 10:06 PM.