Not sure if i should upgrade my pc or not

I want to upgrade my pc entirely except the GPU and was wondering if im wasting my money and current specs still have a few years left

my current specs:
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz (Ivy Bridge)
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
    Motherboard
    ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP
    PSU
    500W

New Specs:
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.50GHz (kaby lake)
    Deepcool Captain 120 EX RGB CPU Liquid Cooler
    RAM
    Team Group T-Force Dark Rog Red DDR4 3000MHz 2x8GB
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z270 PRO4 LGA1151/ Intel Z270/ DDR4/ Quad CrossFireX/ SATA3&USB3.0/ M.2/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard
    PSU
    750W

Storage:
    i got a brand new SSD so im not upgrading that.

Am I wasting my money atm if I did upgrade? or is it worth it? also planning to get a high end gpu by next year currently 1060 6GB is enough i think

Dont rush it, give it another year for Ice Lake/Zen2 to release, your CPU will last you just fine till then.

If you really cant wait, do not go for 7 series stuff, 8 series and up 8600K/8700K etc, they will restock soonish, and more steady restocks after December apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Dont rush it, give it another year for Ice Lake/Zen2 to release, your CPU will last you just fine till then.

If you really cant wait, do not go for 7 series stuff, 8 series and up 8600K/8700K etc, they will restock soonish, and more steady restocks after December apparently.
    thanks for the reply, ur answer was most helpful, i think ill wait till the 8600k/8700k restocks, seems like the best thing to me so i can just buy a very good gpu next year without pressing myself for cash. thanks alot <3

If you are not sure, it probably means you shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    If you are not sure, it probably means you shouldn't.
    This. You only need to upgrade when your PC cannot do something you need it to do.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B