Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I heard that once you hit level 55 you could make a death knight. So when I dinged 55 I logged out and thought I had to see what was so special about it and I just loved it from the start. It has been my main ever since.

Deleted
    Never really had to decide. She was the avatar I've always most identified with, lore-wise, name-wise, gameplay-wise, and now she has a history of being me. Never changed.

Hottest female character. Sexiest armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Elum View Post
    I know this is a common questions but i'm interested in how you chose your main?
    I'm a fucking edgelord, and have an obsession with the undead.

-shrug-

I played warlock and warrior in Vanilla, and, oddly, Belf Pally in TBC. But Wrath was when I fell in love with a class LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I heard that once you hit level 55 you could make a death knight. So when I dinged 55 I logged out and thought I had to see what was so special about it and I just loved it from the start. It has been my main ever since.
    Ha you're gay!...

...and I'm gayer because I no longer had my Vanilla characters, so I had to grind out levels on my pally from TBC who was only 24 JUST to play the edgelord class that I was in love with since WC3

I farmed so many hours.

*single tear*

I actually bought the game by accident, thinking it an expansion from W3. When I was reading the manual of different professions I saw Breastplate of Ancient Kings, and I was always a fan of Uther so I rolled Paladin with BS as my profession. 11 years later and he is still my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    In vanilla my second character I made was a Warlock...just went all the way with it till 60 and was my only max level.

BC, I went with the new version of Enhancement and had fun

Wrath, well I made a DK and went with it.

Cata, I bounced around a bit and ended up playing a Prot Pally...till I quit because I was tired of losing loot to people who didn't want to tank but took my upgrades.

MoP, I honestly didn't really play enough to have any kind of main

WoD, Ret Pally because I loved the talent tree so much, such a incredibly huge disappointment Legion Ret is.

Legion, well I bounced around a bit...first it was Demo till I got tired of the broken spec, for a while I played my Hunter, I brought my Enhancement Shaman up after they nerfed a bunch of talents to hell instead of actually trying to balance I played a DH till my break. Playing around with Unholy a little.

- Do I like the class, this means more than rotation, do I like the visual, the style, and the roles it can fill.
    - Do I like the mechanics so the utility it brings to its role and the style in which that class plays (HoTs v Direct heal as a poor example)
    - What role does my raid team need filled

Those are the three things that determine my choices. I usually play a ranged dps, mostly Warlock as I love that class all around always, or I play a tank and that has varied over the years. DK, Warrior, Bear (mostly dable). If I heal I normally choose priest, but since I know a ton of them I'm trying to find another healer I like in case the raid needs that moving into BfA, probably Tree or Paladin (wish horde had better pally race choices....undead pally mmmmmmmm)

What I've played and still play
    First Character my Orc Warlock to this day always gets level to max first, and is always my second choice character if I'm not maining him. I love him so much

Second and Third were a priest and warrior. I mained the priest from BC until MoP.

Fourth was DK I started tanking second raids on him in Cata, he was my main in MoP for a while before my guild dissolved and I started with a new guild playing my Warlock.

Currently my Warrior is my main as I tank on him. Picked him at the start of Legion cause I loved the play style and I still do and I love the armor.

All my other characters have been 3rd tier at most. Bear, Tree, Pally.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2017-11-15 at 10:01 PM.

I was a die-hard Paladin fan in the RPG genre since I was about 11 or 12 years old. Taking low damage and being able to heal it just sounded extremely attractive to me. My first character in Vanilla was a Holy Paladin (By choice, I liked the spec). I wore tank gear and felt invincible. I could kill things 7-8 levels higher than me with ease, was just slow. Could solo elites that recommended three people.

I intended to play a Paladin in Final Fantasy XI as well. I met a good friend and we were going to static Paladin and Dark Knight together. I remember dying in a bad spot and getting raised by a 50 Paladin in Iron Musketeer gear. Looked amazing, I was in awe and couldn't wait to be like that. My friend started playing less and less and I started playing Red Mage while he was gone. Eventually, he stopped coming on completely. Last thing he said to me was "We gotta run our DRK/PLD together soon." The problem with Paladin in FFXI though? It had a low MP pool, actually took *more* damage than Red Mage in solo situations, very little utility (Sentinel didn't really do anything in 2005), and I just felt overall weaker on the job. Defense was a broken stat in FFXI. I ended up capping Red Mage as my first class in FFXI. I'm soloing all this stuff, feeling really strong.

I decide it's time to level another job for fun. I had Ninja to level 37 for subjob purposes (in FFXI you could be all classes on one character), and I liked the way it played so I got on that. I couldn't believe it. It killed things MUCH faster than Red Mage, took basically no damage at all, had access to most of the same debuffs, and it was skill-based. It was very rewarding when a healer would tell you "I'm bored...you never get hit" (It was a tank in FFXI). I fell in love, and for the most part, put my Red Mage aside. I went back to Red Mage later, but always ended up back on my Ninja in the end.

I later played Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Fallout 3..And realized I legitimately enjoy stealth and sneak attacks far more than just taking little to no damage. It's more fun, more rewarding, and the Dark Brotherhood has to be one of my favorite factions in video game history. I actually started out making a Paladin-esque character in Oblivion and after I got into the Dark Brotherhood by accident I immediately rerolled. When I came back to WoW I went Rogue and started getting involved in PvP. I have been a Rogue since late TBC. Think I played Death Knight for a bit, but ultimately went back to my Rogue. I'm still a Rogue, and will always be a Rogue, even when I play vanilla. Right now I'm playing FFXIV as a Ninja and absolutely loving it.

So yeah, I completely did a 180 on what I enjoy playing. It's weird how your mind can change after 6-7 years. Sorry for long post, kudos to anyone who actually read all that BS. It was fun to type.

EDIT: I always play the race resembling humans the most. I try to make my character an extension of myself, it's easier to be immersed.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2017-11-16 at 12:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    mage. it's the class i started playing first, and i didn't level another class until like 2 or 3 years after playing just my main.

15+ Year Old Account
    I rolled an orc hunter in Vanilla (that is where my MMO-C name comes from), loved exploring and being able to tame the cool creatures I would see in each new zone. I focused on leveling, dungeons and battlegrounds (AB is my favorite). Did not raid with him till Kara in TBC. Animalhouse remained my main until shortly after WotLK. Several of my Blackhand friends decided to roll Alliance toons on Gilneas server (no idea why).
    It was at this time I realized I did not want to be stuck in one role that I decided on a NE druid. I always loved the NE lore and the look of the black feral form. Ended up playing resto more than anything. From WotLK on, druid became my main and I moved him back to my old server as a Tauren. I do very little PVP anymore and mainly focus playing feral and resto in heroic raids and a few mythic 10+ a week.

Druid is without a doubt my favorite class and I consider my main alt a shaman, I just don't have the time to devote to more than 2 toons now. Oh sure, every now and then I will power level one of my other toons to 110 over a weekend but then I put them aside.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

I swap main every expansion to keep the game fresh.. usually just go back and forth between healer and tank but in Legion I dps'd for the first time.. and it's kinda decent too I noticed!

Deleted
    Nowdays its hard to keep the same classes. Blizzard changes like every Addon the classes and the playstyle. In Classic i picked what i thought seemed interesting and had cool armor and that was for a long time Shaman but after Wotlk. Shaman was to different couldnt enjoy the class anymore. Nowdays i switch beetween Warrior and DK cuz i like theire playstyle.

Deleted
    havent had a main since blizz put holy power on my ret paladin and ruined the class so meh its w/e i fancy this month

Roughly May or June 2006:

Friend #1: "Dude check out this game. You love LotR, you'll love it."

Friend #2: "Yeah, you can be a Dwarf since you love Dwarves."

Me: "Sweet tits, Dwarf Paladin, hell yea!"

Friends #1&#2: "Let's try Horde!"

Me: "Hmm, what's the deal with Shamans? ...LIGHTNING BOLTS!? HELL YEA!"

That's basically what happened. Ended up being in a fun, kickass guild who couldn't really get through half of MC lol. I MAYBE had bracers or belt from tier 1. MAYBE.

And that lovely Shaman is my main today. She was a Dwarf Shaman at one point. But now she's back to her Troll roots.

I've had four mains during my WoW career.

1. Human Warlock, year 1 of Vanilla: Human because I wanted to be Alliance and a Warlock, but didn't want to be a Gnome. Warlock because I liked the idea of summoning demons, especially on the "good" Alliance.

2. Dwarf Paladin, year 2 of Vanilla to the end of TBC: I got bored of the Warlock so I decided to play Paladin, a class I often default to in other RPGs. I also wanted to be something different than a Human but remain on the Alliance, so I chose Dwarf.

3. Tauren Death Knight, beginning of Wrath to the end of MoP: I wanted to try Horde, liked the big burly models of the Tauren, and wanted to give WoW's first "Hero" class a try.

4. Pandaren Monk, beginning of WoD to present: I've wanted to play a Pandaren since Warcraft III, and Brewmaster interested me as a spec.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

I started with warrior as I do in most games because I dig plate armor. I was originally a really bad 2H dps type, but as my guild needed people to tank I learned, found I was actually much better at tanking and had more fun with the higher responsibility, and subsequently raid-tanked all the way from MC to now.

It was back in Mists, my first character on offi servers so I was like ''hey, lets try monk'' And boom, new main was born

Deleted
    My main is mpy first character ever created.

I wanted an orc in plate armor, so... Orc Warrior or nothing !

Never regretted it ever since.

7+ Year Old Account
    I started out as a mage, cause i love magic.

In mop I wanted to try something new however and made a warrior.

During mop i also created a priest which i slowly started maining.

However in warlords, i returned to the mage class, as i loved the gameplay with multistrike and pvping was fun.
    until i ran out of people to do arenas with, which happened around mid wod.

Ever since then i mained and loved my priest in full force.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Vanilla and TBC fire mage , from Wrath till now frost dk .