Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I hope so and not we make 4 appearances only with different colors.

Besides abilities I have always felt that (most) tier sets were a big part of what helps make something be called class fantasy.
    What about the heart of azeroth? They said you’ll know how high someone’s HoA is upgraded based on visuals. I wonder if those visuals will be reflected on armor? No idea but it’s pretty interesting.

In terms of the tier sets, I’m a bit worried for transmog as well. Even though we currently have tier sets designed around classes, every single class with the same armor type can get that set. So even if it’s designed for a specific class, any class can get it which already homogenizes it.

I do hope it’s not 4 appearances with different colors. We’ll just have to see. .

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    What about the heart of azeroth? They said you’ll know how high someone’s HoA is upgraded based on visuals. I wonder if those visuals will be reflected on armor? No idea but it’s pretty interesting.

In terms of the tier sets, I’m a bit worried for transmog as well. Even though we currently have tier sets designed around classes, every single class with the same armor type can get that set. So even if it’s designed for a specific class, any class can get it which already homogenizes it.

I do hope it’s not 4 appearances with different colors. We’ll just have to see. .
    Isn't 3 item slots bound to the Heart of Azeroth? So my guess is that those three items will be changed as we progress?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Isn't 3 item slots bound to the Heart of Azeroth? So my guess is that those three items will be changed as we progress?
    I’m not 100% sure but if the azerite armor is bound to the heart of azeroth then that’s Helmet, Shoulders and chest. So if those change as we progress that might be really interesting.

Sounds like we indeed won't be getting any class-specific sets in BfA; artifact appearances are also spec-locked, so we can't use The Silver Hand for a 2-hand mace as Ret, for example. Saves me trying to acquire them, anyway.

Some are interpreting what Ion Hazzikostas said differently, but we'll see.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2017-11-16 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disheartening news really.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Yeah that’s kind of unfortunate. I get what he’s saying, class specific sets don’t need to be in every single raid since we already have them from every single raid so far. However now it’s just 1 set of gear. So all plate will look the same it seems.

Will need to see how this plays out, if they get to add really awesome looking gear because they don’t have to focus on several recolors+a ton of different sets it might be a good thing.

It’s not like class specific gear was completely class specific anyway. A DK could get the Paladin tier from ToS and look like a Paladin. It used to be class restricted which made sense but since that’s not the case anymore I think this is okay.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-11-16 at 09:59 PM.

"What would an Old God themed Paladin set even look like?

Probably awesome.

Armory

In game

Last edited by Mexh; 2017-11-17 at 06:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There is no starting story. They start at lvl 20.

Equivalent of a starting story would be their recruitment chain, but you do that on your main.
    But they will still have a stating zone right? Or will that story only be the get them unlocked quest on my main?

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    The way I read the news was that there will still be unique designs (based on the content, flavor of the area, etc), just no more tier bonuses.
    It will be most certainly like ToV. 4 recolors of the same set. A very good looking set, but one set nonetheless.

Also Old god and troll and corrupted themed. Not my paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    [IMG]
    What is that chest? I saw it on some other transmog but I don't know where is it from.

Deleted
    Decided to go for a traditional look again, as I usually do. The Wild Glad's grey isn't a perfect match for the Fierce Glad's blue, but it's good enough for me.
    I used the GM Claymore at first, but after switching to the mace I really don't want any other weapon. The legendary Rethu's belt also works very well, but I like seeing the tabard wave from the back as I walk around, and that belt removes the tabard's bottom from both front and back. And I don't like cloaks, but here's the alternative

Last edited by mmoc041784c2d8; 2017-11-17 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    But they will still have a stating zone right? Or will that story only be the get them unlocked quest on my main?
    What they said in Blizzcon is that they'd just start in your capital (Orgrimmar or Stormwind).

Made a mog i'm finally proud of, mixture of pala and DK tier from ToS HC, MoP pvp agi spear.

Current look.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunSaren View Post
    Made a mog i'm finally proud of, mixture of pala and DK tier from ToS HC, MoP pvp agi spear.
    *SNIP*
    That looks really nice! I like how how the glowy effects match.

What does it look like in bright or normal light, though? I ask, namely for the boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    That looks really nice! I like how how the glowy effects match.

What does it look like in bright or normal light, though? I ask, namely for the boots.
    I'm assuming it's this:

Anything can look great when it's all washed out or the same hue due to environment lighting, so it's much better to take a screenshot in neutral light.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2017-11-18 at 03:32 AM.

Lethon dropped the gloves that match the Enchanted Thorium set, but haven't been available for years!

Chain of Thrayn matches surprisingly well with the orange-yellow scroll work on the main pieces, but Judgment Belt is best overall. I wish the cloak had a splash of gray or black it to break up the brightness, though.

Also, as the Enchanted Thorium Breastplate is of the skimpy variety, shirts show through; the Embroidered Shirt matches the gray on the legs, and covers the neck.

Item List
    Shoulders: Kaylaan's Spaulders
    Cloak: Cloak of Scintillating Auras
    Chest: Enchanted Thorium Breastplate
    Shirt: Embroidered Shirt
    Wrist: Giantslayer Bracers (match the Thorium set, but aren't visible)
    Hands: Gauntlets of the Shining Light
    Waist: Judgment Belt
    Legs: Enchanted Thorium Leggings
    Feet: Grim Sabatons
    Weapon: Corrupted Ashbringer
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2017-11-20 at 02:16 AM.

Really interested in two future mogs: the "titanic" mogs that will come when Argus' glaive/pike weapon drops, and the firey mogs that will come when people get their hands on Taeschalach.

Deleted

current mog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltThrower View Post
    "What would an Old God themed Paladin set even look like?

Probably awesome.
    That was probably the most tone-deaf statement. Like the artists wouldn't be able to come up with something creative or awesome. It could have been a set showing purification over Old God cooties. Or not even relate to the instance as some sets in the past haven't.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.