View Poll Results: Would you like to see small quality of life improvements in Classic?

Voters
85. This poll is closed
  • No, I want Classic to literally be the original game.

49 57.65%
  • I'd like to see some quality of life improvements like AOE looting, but don't touch class balance.

20 23.53%
  • I want to see imrpovements to Classic even if it means changing some core gameplay or classes.

16 18.82%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Vanilla is perfect. Doesnt need a ''fix''
    Oh are you trolling me or something? Vanilla's gameplay and balance definitely left something to be desired. There are many positive qualities to it, but balance wasn't one of them.

It's very possible to "improve" vanilla without ruining it. Keep an open mind!

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla is perfect. Doesnt need a ''fix''
    There's no way you're serious

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Oh are you trolling me or something? Vanilla's gameplay and balance definitely left something to be desired. There are many positive qualities to it, but balance wasn't one of them.

It's very possible to "improve" vanilla without ruining it. Keep an open mind!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    There's no way you're serious
    We have ''improved'' version and its called Bfa/Legion. Let vanilla be just vanilla
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

10+ Year Old Account
    We have ''improved'' version and its called Bfa/Legion. Let vanilla be just vanilla
    Vanilla was never perfect, stop lying.

QoL don't impact combat, so the question is nonsensical.
    QoL impact community and immersion. Some are irrelevant (like autoloot), some have little but existing effect (like AoE loot or shining quest items) and some massively change the whole gameplay of the game (like higher regeneration between fights).

And no, I don't want the whole immersion ruined by gamey "QoL" shit. I want to feel like an adventurer in a wide, dangerous world, and QoL is typically about removing the "downtime" and the little immersive limitations which are essentials to feeling the constraints of the world.

Right but those expansions are completely different content. I'm not asking we change the content or class gameplay. Just the output.

AOE loot breaking immersion is a good point, but even when 10 mobs are stacked on top of each other because WoW doesn't have character clipping? That's not exactly realistic. Maybe AOE looting with a very small radius?

Mob tapping, I just don't get. The main thing that made Vanilla compelling was that it was challenging and you needed people to accomplish tasks(compared to now), it wasn't mechanics like mob tapping. For every person that lost out on a potential social connection grouping up to tap mobs, five people were just pissed off because someone was abusing the concept. I feel like tapping was an imperfect solution to the technical challenges of an early 2000's mmo.

I think its a given that they will use the modern client as a base simply because of battle.net integration, and with it comes 64bit support, chatting across all blizzard games ect., that will also bring DX11 support and likley minor graphical updates with it.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2017-11-15 at 10:16 PM.

Deleted
    What overpowered ridiculous class are you playing where you can kill more than two mobs at once and need area loot? This is Vanilla.

I'd be fine with AoE or auto loot, but not with things like dungeon finder.
    AoE loot is just a small QoL change that doesn't impact the playing experience much but does make it a lot less tedious.
    LFD would change a massive part of the game-identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    What overpowered ridiculous class are you playing where you can kill more than two mobs at once and need area loot? This is Vanilla.
    I mean i could solo mob packs of 10+ as a 60 frost mage in raid gear so could any warrior with t2 gear and a raid weapon, maybe not 10 but 4-5 definitley as a warrior.

Classic should be released as it was.
    Clearing low level instances, and some classes could actually AoE grind some mobs close to their level.

But people keep forgetting that AoE looting came with massive nerf to all loot drops. So, for example (names for example, Deadmines stopped being good linen cloth source after it was replaced by new version, it happened before AoE looting), if before nerf you could get like 5 stacks of cloth from Deadmines, after nerf - only 1 stack of cloth. No thanks, I will keep looting manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleshashi View Post
    First of all, I'm in favor of Classic having as few changes as possible. That said, I would like to see a few quality of life tweaks like AOE looting and shared mob tapping. These were two memories of vanilla that I'd rather forget.
    Refresher time! Let's travel back to Vanilla. Your group of 5 kills the first set of mobs in the dungeon...there's 3 of them. Guess how many of the 5 of you will get loot from those 3 mobs. Of course there were exceptions (like rep drops). Anything other than what happened in Vanilla, is not Vanilla.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornquist View Post
    AOE looting changes pacing. A big part of MMO is loot, and time dedicated to that - its the same thing as needing to drink and eat after a couple of mob encounters. Also its a small immersion breaker, when you kill things in real life loot doesnt magically transfer from them to your pocket.
    Yeah It sure is an Immersion Breaker. It would suck having something AoE looted and having it put alongside the 1800 arrows I have in my Quiver.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes me laugh that people keep up the "OMG IT WAS SO HARD YOU COULDN'T FIGHT MORE THAN 2 MOBS!" when many classes could do it easily. I was able to group pull on my Paladin, my Rogue and my Shaman in Vanilla.

Deleted
    All of them after MC. Before MC frost mages could ae infinite mobs as long as they were melees. I remember one plagueland field, stv pirates and some bugs in tanaris/silithus

And since you always mention how great the social part of classic was: juju raids were ae fests.

If you are asking for updates, then you arent asking for vanilla.
    Simple as that.

I even predicted this a long while ago, that were there an official blizzard version there would be demands that players didn't realistically think that a 3rd party could achieve.
    Like updates.

It is either great as it is as we were told, or it isn't and we were lied to.
    Either way, it doesnt work out the way you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I want it just as it was on launch day in Nov 2004 with just bug fixes. So no.
    You want no BGs, no raids other than MC, to land at every flightmaster on your journey and for most end-game dungeons to need 10 people to complete?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    But people keep forgetting that AoE looting came with massive nerf to all loot drops. So, for example (names for example, Deadmines stopped being good linen cloth source after it was replaced by new version, it happened before AoE looting), if before nerf you could get like 5 stacks of cloth from Deadmines, after nerf - only 1 stack of cloth. No thanks, I will keep looting manually.
    source, please
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Lol, I've played on a high-pop private server, and the idea that being forced to invite to groups to kill named mobs is somehow some great boon to 'socialization' is hilarious.

Usually it was me finding my named quest mob and engaging it, only to have a half-dozen screaming people start jumping around me spamming 'INV INV INV INV' and harassing me to get free credit, then leaving group silently afterwards. Or it's clueless people who don't know vanilla inviting 9 people to a raid to kill the quest mob and ignoring you as you scream 'can't get quest credit in a raid', the somebody tags and kills the mob and we have to wait 6-7 more minutes for another respawn because people don't listen. More often than anything, it's just people silently grouping, killing, and then running off wordlessly.

Very social experiences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post

Lol, what? No it didn't.