Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcrow View Post
    I don't know how there is still even a discussion after this point. Fix the economical issues instead of taking away the rights of the impoverished.
    Sometimes it is more fun to argue about what to do about the blood on the floor than getting the knife out of your foot.

you should definitely have to go through a rigorous process of certification of your worthiness of parenthood before you're allowed to have a kid.

unexpected pregnancies would just get aborted.

Who would fight all our wars?
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I read once that poor people get a lot of kids because they experience it as the only way to get a feeling of happiness from life, being aware that they wil have little to no chance to get anything else from life.

If they would just have one I don't think the problem(s) would be so bad, but they never seem to stop at one and prefer to have more children that people with higher incomes.
    Also a way to leave a mark in a world where doing such is far hsrder then it was. Hell even having a job will probably be a luxury soon enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I mean if its an environmental issue, should we be euthanizing the elderly?
    I was only saying that I think raising a child is too expensive for me. I'm not rich, and I don't want to raise a child in poverty.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I was only saying that I think raising a child is too expensive for me. I'm not rich, and I don't want to raise a child in poverty.
    I have a child. Honestly; I think this is the chickens coming home to roost for our hyper consumer culture. Children are individually a bad financial decision, but the lifeblood of a society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    the only people rejecting it are those who would be its victims
    Potentially. The problem stems from one little caveat of Human behavior. Herd mentality. Usually those who reject it outnumber those who would not. Thus the denomination that supported such a idea would be the first to be culled from the gene-pool as a randon loud ignorant moron took the reigns and railed against it.

Said moron alternatively might just be a historic first, or have the correct skin color to ellicit unwavering support from the plebeians. The idea would be rejected outright and those who supported it would be demonized, decried as being <insert derogatory term> not unlike what we see in present day politics.

Humans are unfortunately more akin to parasites and there are plenty of sterling examples on this site. Your argument thus is asking a parasite to behave in a symbiotic fashion. Thus barring a significant culling of society through war, famine, plague or another natural disaster this would never happen.

It'd be interesting to see the feminists opinions and responses to being told: "You can only have 2 children. All other will be aborted, even if the state has to sedate you, spay you; and then throw you in jail for failing to follow the law." Also for equity's sake it'd be humorous to see various anti-feminists were also told: "You can only sire 2 children. All other will be aborted, even if the state has to sedate you, neuter you; and then throw you in jail for failing to follow the law."

But back in reality, lets all be frank. Both sides of the political spectrum would have a field day with that one.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the government getting involved in eugenics of any kind. This will inevitably lead to utter oppression. Fuck that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see the numbers are from the United States... How about making education 100% free? Regulate benefits to fit the size of the family better? Create mentor projects for children instead of relying on people to pick up the slack?

Would be a good start to ensuring a child's future. Just because you are poor doesn't mean you're a bad parent. How about more regulation on personal behavior, attitude and development among all social classes. Seems quite common that rich families are just as high chance to be ruining the child's future.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Make abortion cheaper.
    Not serious
    You only need like, a twig or something and done.

Given the expense and responsibility, not to mention free choice, it is, in most cases, a self regulating market. Beyond that, who is anyone to dictate that 2 adults cannot mutually decide to have offspring? Countries that try to impose limits (China, for example) have had some rather interesting fallout from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    So why are you still around?
    Ad homined attacks.....

Exactly what to expect from the would be victims of eugenics

Education should tackle this, not regulation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor people have more children because
    A: it is more difficult for them to access contraception.
    B: they are disproportionately targeted by measures that restrict abortion.
    C: it is more difficult for them to access health care.
    D: it is a way to secure more government funding.
    among other reasons.

So you want to fix poor people having children? Keep them from being poor in the first place. Pay them more, make health care and birth control more accessible and you'll see a massive drop in birth rates.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your argument is based around household income then its week. Some of the most nurturing homes could be poor while without shifting focus, rich households can be absolutely terrible environments for the emotional and mental wellbeing of a child.

People also go up and down the economic ladder so...mhm

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post

Ultimately, I think eugenics is a valid way to further our species.
    Eugenics is a monumentally stupid idea. Define successful. Go ask literally any other person you can think of to define successful. Now ask 10 posters on MMO-Champion. Did you get more than 1 answer? Congrats, you just figured out why eugenics is a monumentally stupid idea. We have no consensus about what to select for. Still not convinced? Please provide me the peer-reviewed genetic research linking literally anything at all genetic to your definition of success as a positive causal element. I'll wait. Back? Good. That's the other reason eugenics is a monumentally stupid idea, we don't know anything like enough about genetics to have good selection criteria even if we could all agree what we were selecting for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just make it unlawful for poor people to have children.

Deleted
    Take a course how to be a parent? and only rich people should have kids? a great idea. Also make those people who shit and piss on the floor in public bathrooms to take a course to be allowed to use them. Also people who throw gum, carbage on the ground should take course where the trash should go. Also people who drive and park like shit, should take a course how to drive, oh wait, did they already? hmm I wonder why people still can't drive properly. How would you even regulate something like that? And I bet those kids will be so happy in adoption line, while their parents sit in jail. Rich infertile parents are waiting for someone to commit crime, so they can adopt their kid.
    Last edited by mmoc6854b38969; 2017-11-15 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Ad homined attacks.....

Exactly what to expect from the would be victims of eugenics
    That's not what an ad hominem is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I agree, we should get rid of poverty, not the rich will like the solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    You're right, moving back to middle-class societies would be a lot better for us.
    Won't happen, ever, with a right wing government.