Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    It's unlikely they will go back to old mounts and update them. Not impossible but unlikely.

I feel the mounts current show a nice cycle of art progression. They're not easy on the eye but demonstrate how models and art have improved over the expansions.

This of course is not a reason to not update them. I just feel there's little reason to.

On a side note have they EVER updated old mount models? I can't seem to recall that ever being the case unless the model or particles were outright bugged in a way.
    They updated Kodos.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    December > 7.3.5 PTR and F&F alpha BfA.
    January -> 7.3.5 Live and potentially beta.
    December is maintenance mode for Blizzard. There won't happen anything important in December or early January.

7.3.5 live in January... lol.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    They updated the old Kodos, they'll definitely update the old horses.
    i hope.

i'd hate for some nostalgic idiot to scream and ruin the chances of it.

hopefully with the advent of classic servers, they will feel more free to be sort of radical in their changes to the main game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    December is maintenance mode for Blizzard. There won't happen anything important in December or early January.

7.3.5 live in January... lol.
    Patch 7.1.5 released on January 10th of this year, and the Legion alpha dropped late November/Early December IIRC.
    Also Cataclysm was released in December.
    Not trying to start an argument, just saying that they have done stuff in the timeframes you listed.

Also, on another topic, for the people that claim BfA is far behind other expansions development at this point, here is how a zone and a dungeon looked in (one of) the first legion alpha build (that came out in mid november) compared to what got shipped, and by what they showed us on the Blizzcon panels, the zones are a lot more finished than in Legion alpha, with only some big (center-piece) models not being textured yet. https://imgur.com/a/Rcbad

Also, has this island under TB been discussed at any point? https://imgur.com/a/scw2T

For people that want to explore the maps, here you go: https://newmaps.marlam.in/argusraid/...-37.000/44.000
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Depends. If the best combination of traits is on a piece that has undesirable stats then you encounter the same issue.

I think there is more pros to cons to removing tier sets bonuses. I used to love them but bonuses in Legion are lackluster at best and poorly designed.
    Did they actually say that this would work similar to the way the crucible works with relics regarding randomization, though? I was under the impression that it wouldn't be random, you'd just have the ability to choose from what you already have unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I know and it is strictly worse. It plays worse.

You don't have to tell me that this is a change, not a removal. I understand it. This change is to the worse because it is one more move away from player control / targeting to RNG, one more move away from recognizable items that have character and stories to bland contests of which random item rolled +5 ilvl more times.

Tier bonuses clash with their infinite grinds. That's why they are being removed. That's all there is to it. Bland mediocrity won over the remaining bits of former creativity. Not the first time, not the last time.
    You say I don't have to tell you that it's a change, but you said it's a removal in your first post and then called it a removal again at the end of this post. If you understand it then don't call it a removal. Tier bonuses aren't going away.

It's also going to be literally the same way you geared your character before NH opened, or with the case after NH opened, with four more items that you would have to replace for any potential upgrades. It's not a worse system, it's a better one that allows you to itemize your character better instead of having to potentially use an item with two of your shittiest stats just to maintain your set bonus.

People are too quick to freak out over anything that gets changed. It will be a better system.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-11-15 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Patch 7.1.5 released on January 10th of this year, and the Legion alpha dropped late November/Early December IIRC.
    Not trying to start an argument, just saying that they have done stuff in the timeframes you listed.

Also, on another topic, for the people that claim BfA is far behind other expansions development at this point, here is how a zone and a dungeon looked in (one of) the first legion alpha build (that came out in mid november) compared to what got shipped, and by what they showed us on the Blizzcon panels, the zones are a lot more finished than in Legion alpha, with only some big (center-piece) models not being textured yet. https://imgur.com/a/Rcbad

Also, has this island under TB been discussed at any point? https://imgur.com/a/scw2T

For people that want to explore the maps, here you go: https://newmaps.marlam.in/argusraid/...-37.000/44.000
    7.2.5 was in PTR for 2 months and had far less to test than 7.3.5 will with the leveling changes/BG/maybe allied races.

I think 2 months is the safest bet.

There’s a dungeon called Tol something or other. Could be that dungeon?

Well, this is interesting. 5 of the 9 PTR servers are Incompatible right now, which means (I think, correct me if I'm wrong @Marlamin) that those servers are on a different patch.

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Well, this is interesting. 5 of the 9 PTR servers are Incompatible right now, which means (I think, correct me if I'm wrong @Marlamin) that those servers are on a different patch.
    That is exactly what that means, yes!

EDIT: Or well, different build. But yes.

Deleted
    This island has been there since Cata beta and there's never been anything in it.
    It's freaking hard to reach (one could say "incredibly clever use of uncommon game mechanics" are needed ) even for the most seasoned explorers.

Its only purpose is ... just to be there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    This island has been there since Cata beta and there's never been anything in it.
    It's freaking hard to reach (one could say "incredibly clever use of uncommon game mechanics" are needed ) even for the most seasoned explorers.

Its only purpose is ... just to be there
    I think that it serves as a cosmetic background for where "Kul'Tiras" should be. As Tol Barad in the old maps was just above Kul'Tiras, it could be the huge mountain range on KT.
    Last edited by Draedarr; 2017-11-15 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    That is exactly what that means, yes!

EDIT: Or well, different build. But yes.
    You will datamine something new soon.
    I promise you that...
    Well if only...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Jellykiss View Post
    Yeah there we go. If they don't update the horses to those new ones it would just be sad. They are so nice. Some have parted manes and others have side manes. Add the new gray ones too while they are at it.
    Those are indeed the updated horses because the worgs at Stromgarde and Orgrimmar were updated as well.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I know and it is strictly worse. It plays worse.

You don't have to tell me that this is a change, not a removal. I understand it. This change is to the worse because it is one more move away from player control / targeting to RNG, one more move away from recognizable items that have character and stories to bland contests of which random item rolled +5 ilvl more times.

Tier bonuses clash with their infinite grinds. That's why they are being removed. That's all there is to it. Bland mediocrity won over the remaining bits of former creativity. Not the first time, not the last time.
    Did you pay any attention at all? Azerite items cannot Titanforge, and what bonuses they have available is set manually. They don't roll them randomly. It's the exact opposite of what you claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Azerite, it wouldn't surprise me if in some quests some of our soldiers try to forge armor or weapons out of the stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    You will datamine something new soon.
    I promise you that...
    Well if only...
    I have a feeling they may hold off on the PTR till the week after next as 7.3.5 spoils the end of Antorus and they did all they could to avoid mentioning the ending at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    December > 7.3.5 PTR and F&F alpha BfA.
    January -> 7.3.5 Live and potentially beta.
    I do think 7.3.5 will launch either late Jan or early Feb. Mid-late Feb beta. 5 month beta. June 19th prepatch, July 24th expansion launch. Thats what Im calling now. Feel free to save this and quote me when im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Did you pay any attention at all? Azerite items cannot Titanforge, and what bonuses they have available is set manually. They don't roll them randomly. It's the exact opposite of what you claim.
    I heard this several times already and it looks like I should have explained what I meant in more detail.

Yes, I know that Azerite items cannot TF and that you set their bonuses manually. That's good. I like both these things. This makes Azerite items better than the artifact + legendaries. Cool.

Azerite items did not have to replace tier set bonuses as well. Blizzard could have had both Azerite items and tier set bonuses.

There are more pieces in a tier set than there are Azerite items. Saying that Azerite items are now replacing tier set bonuses leaves extra gear slots. These gear slots are now going to be filled with +5 ilvl items. That's what makes it one more move away from player control / targeting to RNG. There's no more targeting for these slots, you pick what rolls highest.

The former competition between a recognizable piece from a recognizable boss with a tier set bonus and a random piece from random trash which happened to roll great is now over, the random piece won. It was NOT a good competition. But it was not a good competition because of the random shit of which they added too much. And it is now resolved in favor of that random shit.

The comparison is not between tier set items with bonuses and Azerite items. The comparison is between tier set items with bonuses and Azerite items plus random crap in the remaining slots. And, YES, I agree that selecting bonuses in Azerite items makes them less random than before. But this has been counted already towards the pros of Azerite items when we said that they replace artifact+legendaries. You cannot count this again towards them, that's double-counting. If you want to count it all, meaning gearing in Legion vs gearing in BFA overall in terms of how random it is, then yes, BFA is currently appearing to be less random. But the replacement of tier set bonuses which came AFTER we already knew that Azerite is replacing artifact+legendaries runs counter to that, it makes the comparison worse instead of better.

I hope it is clearer now. (But seriously, I feel like I have to explain every small bit... going to skip explaining how to reconcile the use of "removed" with the word "change" which someone else is having issues with.)
    Last edited by rda; 2017-11-16 at 06:20 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Feels bad when I wake up and we're still at the page we were last night.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Feels bad when I wake up and we're still at the page we were last night.
    We're in that awkward post-Blizzcon pre-alpha remission phase of the hype. Not a lot new to talk about, they just gave us all they had for now.