Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The snowball effect is quite terrifying. So i think ill rather oppose any change and get something similar to vanilla, rather than risk some abomination of classic+ with exp boosts, increased levelingtempo like what we see in wow today.. imporved specs and pvp thats completly unrecognizable and so on...

Deleted
    LF 1 DPS to help me quest, there you go. You heal them, they kill. When he goes away, you spend sometime to find another. That is the adventure to get those mobs dead. You can't just run in there solo and aoe everything down. Or just spec dps and never heal. Choices mate, you can't get everything like in retail, if you don't talk to someone.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    With all these "modify classic/vanilla" posts you could, almost, conclude that no one actually wants servers running classic/vanilla WoW.
    Or you can conclude they want vanilla with some QoL changes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Or you can conclude they want vanilla with some QoL changes
    They?

What we're seeing now are various players all chiming in with their (varying) vision(s) of what Vanilla is, and what can be replaced by the various QoL changes made over the years.

I'm going to PMSL when "Vanilla" launches and it's just Legion repackaged because the collective wishes of all "vanilla" fans ended up putting everything back in again.

Just waiting for the glorious days of endless southshore/tauren mill conflict.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    They?

What we're seeing now are various players all chiming in with their (varying) vision(s) of what Vanilla is, and what can be replaced by the various QoL changes made over the years.

I'm going to PMSL when "Vanilla" launches and it's just Legion repackaged because the collective wishes of all "vanilla" fans ended up putting everything back in again.
    I don't know I think there are plenty of people who don't want vanilla changed at all and then some people who want minor things like some class balancing and some basic QoL changes that were made after vanilla. An example would be dual spec, something that wasn't in vanilla WoW but was a very nice change. Had TBC not released when it had it may have very well been implemented into vanilla. Another example is added flight paths or faster ones. Not exactly looking forward to 15 minutes to STV, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Others do one some things beyond QoL changes such as class balancing, which I get and I could go either way. Better gear itemization is another thing that would be nice but either way I'd be happy. What I want is the core of what vanilla was, QoL changes, better gear itemization, some better class balancing doesn't change that core for me, it improves it. But this is just my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Vanilla is the thing that people remember playing all those years ago, bugs and all

Classic is the thing that blizzard is creating to closely approximate the same experience.

Whether of not Classic and Vanilla are the same thing, is unknown to anyone except blizzard (and it doesn't really sound like THEY know yet).
    it is the same thing, they both refer to the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    it is the same thing, they both refer to the same thing.
    Technically, they are not. "Vanilla" refers to code that no longer exists as it was back then.

I cant wait for talent trees, those were so fun getting a fresh new point after each level

and when you were really lucky, you got to return to your trainer to learn a new skill, and then u got super excited to test it out!

not true, i think the was majority of those whom play on private servers and not on retail want it exactly they way it was including me.

In vanilla, you don't respec just to do something else, you find other players to help you. That's the point of an MMO. Community.

Also, talents didn't make as much difference back then. You had far fewer talents and less powerful talents. That means a prot warrior could equip DPS gear and do fine dps with dual wield (prot has one-handed specialization, gives 10% more one handed dmg.)

Talent's weren't meant to be changed a lot in vanilla. It was meant to define your character, and not changed back and fourth. It cost up to 50g to reset, and that was a big deal. You became known as a ret paladin, instead of just a paladin. That was the point. You should be happy it was possible to change talents at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    This isn't just some QoL minor addition, this is something that is needed for the game to thrive, so healers can have ret sets and actually use them in pvp, to actually have a thriving community to its highest potential. I'm on a classic server right now, and I recall from my time during classic before this, I remember being a holy paladin who could literally do none of the Badge quest in silithis and for naxxramas

I remember not being able to have enough gold to swap back when I finished my questing because gold was actually hard to get back then , so I just could not participate in said event.

I know you want to MUH Vanilla on everything but logical forethought would tell you that making people unable to play portions of the game is not some ingenius game design we should be so quick to want to preserve.

Any holy priest, paladin, restoration druid protection warrior with little gear will know exactly what I mean by this.
    I am sorry but people chanted for vanilla, so that would be without the dual spec. Asking for an old, outdated, unsupported version of a game doesn't really scream for changes to make it thriving.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    With all these "modify classic/vanilla" posts you could, almost, conclude that no one actually wants servers running classic/vanilla WoW.
    I honestly believe the reason they don’t call it Vanilla and chose Classic instead is because they want to give the illusion that we are deciding the changes (if any) to that experience. The experience that some remember are much different from others but they are all correct in in their own personal view. I think to make this project thrive, they will have to make some changes were not in Vanilla but necessary ones. I’m still looking forward for the BC experience server honestly.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You don't lose weapon skill in Vanilla.
    OOO yes you do... try to respec as a Shaman and remove "Two-Handed Axes and Maces" talent and then respec and take "Two-Handed Axes and Maces" talent....you start at lv 1 in Two-Handed Axes and Maces......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Just wait till you have to gear up 5 tanks for Naxx muahhahahaha!
    only 5?.......

Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    This isn't just some QoL minor addition, this is something that is needed for the game to thrive, so healers can have ret sets and actually use them in pvp, to actually have a thriving community to its highest potential. I'm on a classic server right now, and I recall from my time during classic before this, I remember being a holy paladin who could literally do none of the Badge quest in silithis and for naxxramas

I remember not being able to have enough gold to swap back when I finished my questing because gold was actually hard to get back then , so I just could not participate in said event.

I know you want to MUH Vanilla on everything but logical forethought would tell you that making people unable to play portions of the game is not some ingenius game design we should be so quick to want to preserve.

Any holy priest, paladin, restoration druid protection warrior with little gear will know exactly what I mean by this.
    Great news!

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth has all these QoL features, and more. It sounds like this is gonna be perfect for your needs. I know I will play that at least.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

5+ Year Old Account
    >vanilla
    >dual spec
    choose one

Deleted
    Considering to roll Holy paladin myself and as it'd for sure ease it up a bit I'm also scared what turns the game would take if dualtalents got introduced into classic.

Would grinding out in the world get affected?
    How would world pvp get affected?
    Would the economy get out of balance?

Sure think you care more of your class and the decisions you make without Dual talents imo.

And another one! Nope buddy, it is not.

If you want dual spec, then you don't want vanilla, it takes too much away from the core social game play.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

If you want a second spec, in my opinion, you should reroll.

I like that it used to mean something, when you were a Shadow priest or a Holy priest. In a tabletop roleplaying game you don't get to just change your role after "months" of perfecting it. Have two warriors if you want, but dont expect to get any tank gear from me if you're fury.

"Dual class is a must for Classic. What if I want to heal but I'm already a level 60 Rogue???"