Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TSM View Post
    The shooter was a pot farmer.

http://www.myajc.com/news/national/w...ZEtQV9fLAeEaP/

Look at the face of this stoner:

You think weed would've mellow him out.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Not well enough that's the problem
    Apparently neither are knives and criminals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You think weed would've mellow him out.
    Different people react differently in different situations. He was probably a “hater” at heart. No amount of THC will change that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Apparently neither are knives and criminals.
    In the US yeah, gun and knives in the EU are heavily regulated which has resulted in mass killings by either super rare here. Can you now stop deflecting and just accept the US has a mass shooting issue that even Americans acknowledge

Not well enough that's the problem
    And how would you suggest changing things? Now keep in mind that whatever you suggest is about as likely to work as well... actually less likely to work at all.

The country is too big and can't even secure itself and you want to talk about regulating something that can be made in someone's office these days?

In the US yeah, gun and knives in the EU are heavily regulated which has resulted in mass killings by either super rare here. Can you now stop deflecting and just accept the US has a mass shooting issue that even Americans acknowledge
    More like the methods people are using are really hard to get mortal casualties. THem acid attacks though...
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2017-11-15 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Not in my opinion. And you guys aren't helping much to convince me otherwise. Quite the contrary. So yeah, we're stalled I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

What you're saying is the US has failed and should be disbanded into smaller, more manageble sovereign entities?
    Well, your opinion is utterly absurd. You seem to think that anyone who owns a gun, or supports the right to own a gun, is worthy of being murdered, and such a thing need not be punished.

Your opinion is terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    And how would you suggest changing things? Now keep in mind that whatever you suggest is about as likely to work as well... actually less likely to work at all.

The country is too big and can't even secure itself and you want to talk about regulating something that can be made in someone's office these days?

More like the methods people are using are really hard to get mortal casualties. THem acid attacks though...
    So what you're saying is US is a hopeless case so why bother? I mean there's multiple ways other countries do it

So what you're saying is US is a hopeless case so why bother? I mean there's multiple ways other countries do it
    We are not other countries. We don't want to be "other countries"
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That law isn't being enforced since all these shooters, most of them with domestic violence convictions have guns.

How about we put people convicted of domestic violence on probation. Probation officers can search your home, car, etc without a warrant. If they find a gun, it's a felony conviction and possibly prison time.

It's just to get them to give up their guns willingly.
    I was just reading, the rifles he had were hand built. Not registered. He had them illegally. The only thing which may have prevented this, is your suggestion earlier in this thread. A search of his home. But we need to keep in mind, it is not hard to hide weapons ether.

- - - Updated - - -

Knives are more regulated here than firearms are in Ohio. lol! I have a license to carry concealed, a handgun. I can not get a permit to carry concealed a switchblade if I wanted to. :P

Not necessarily my friend. Drumroll....
    Only 10-15% of black market guns are stolen guns.

The most common is a straw purchase. Which in and of itself is illegal. So those people are not law abiding citizens are they?
    The next is corrupt at home and licensed dealers. Again, illegal...
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ocon/guns.html

So you were saying about “law abiding citizens” again?
    Criminals don’t follow the law. That is the problem with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn’t there a stabbing a couple months ago where two were killed and 8 people were injured? The perpetrator was shot in the leg else he would have kept stabbing people.
    That they literally supply weapons to the black marked. You even said so yourself!

“Heavy regulation” is a matter of opinion my friend. What one person views as “heavy” another may only see as not “heavy enough”.
    Guns and knives are regulated in the US as well. So are a great many things. That still doesn’t stop criminals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    We are not other countries. We don't want to be "other countries"
    So you don't to lower mass shootings?

- - - Updated - - -

“Heavy regulation” is a matter of opinion my friend. What one person views as “heavy” another may only see as not “heavy enough”.
    Guns and knives are regulated in the US as well. So are a great many things. That still doesn’t stop criminals.
    Yet you have more mass shootings than any other 1st world country by a large margin

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    That they literally supply weapons to the black marked. You even said so yourself!
    Exactly, only 10-15%. And who steals those 10-15%? The criminal element.

And the other 85-90% are fed by the criminal element.

Which brings us up to 100% being fed by what? The criminal element...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yet you have more mass shootings than any other 1st world country by a large margin
    We also have the longest contiguous government in the 1st world too. Coincidence?
    Can an EU nation boast a 225 contiguous government without take over?
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-11-15 at 10:05 PM.

Deleted
    We also the longest contiguous government in the 1st world too. Coincidence?
    Can an EU nation boast a 225 contiguous government without take over?
    -sigh-

You obviously are in dire denial that the US has a mass shooting issue

I'd have to say the exact same thing about yours, so what now?
    My opinion is that people are human, and deserve to be treated equally. It's odd that you find such a mentality so appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    My opinion is that people are human, and deserve to be treated equally. It's odd that you find such a mentality so appalling.
    I find it more odd how somebody with the name of "Machismo" claims that humans should be treated equally. One would argue that this cultural belief in different "levels" of "machismo" might be one of the leading causes of most mental problems/crime today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Shooting kids... what a foul excuse of a human being.
    Well, that's just how it is when you throw your life away. Dude had no intention of being captured alive and wanted to tell the rest of the world "fuck you too" after offing his wife.

Only in America that three dead isn't serious enough
    It's serious, but not serious enough to change our laws. every time something like this happens there is an uproar and people are like we need to change the laws and put this one in place requiring psychological evaluations to own a gun and keep fucked up people from getting their hands on them, which literally would have done nothing to prevent said fucked up person from acquiring the firearm they used as it was illegally obtained.

It's like putting up a sign telling men not to rape anyone. This doesn't bother rapists - If they did care, they wouldn't be rapists. The greatest effect something like that has is that it makes men look bad as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

You start lowering it by enforcing the laws we have on the books now.
    We stop letting dangerous felons free because we have too many non violent prisoners taking up room
    Death penalty for murder in every state
    Being a member of a Gang Life in prison, commit a murder while part of a gang..Death
    Increase insane asylums. Stop being so Goddamn PC and worring about offending the fucking lunatics
    Enforce the laws we have on the books.
    Promote Family values again.
    Stop making these fuckers into media heroes
    Re-evaluate psychoactive drugs for controlling mood and emotions
    When someone makes threats and says crazy shit on social media they are brought in for questioning and evaluation ( I.E saying things like I am going to kill everyone etc etc )

Lots can be done. But banning guns and more laws wont fix it or stop it. The gun does not cause people to do these things .
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2017-11-16 at 12:09 AM.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Well, you also devalued humans by stating that you're welcoming mass shootings as a price for the ability to have guns. Don't you see the massive hypocrisy here?
    Nope, no hypocrisy. Sorry, I value human life equally. Your freedoms are just as important as mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I find it more odd how somebody with the name of "Machismo" claims that humans should be treated equally. One would argue that this cultural belief in different "levels" of "machismo" might be one of the leading causes of most mental problems/crime today.
    By the way, I picked "Machismo" many years ago, because to anyone who actually knows me, it's a very ironic name. I'm about the least macho person you will meet. I'm a big fan of irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Well, that's just how it is when you throw your life away. Dude had no intention of being captured alive and wanted to tell the rest of the world "fuck you too" after offing his wife.

It's serious, but not serious enough to change our laws. every time something like this happens there is an uproar and people are like we need to change the laws and put this one in place requiring psychological evaluations to own a gun and keep fucked up people from getting their hands on them, which literally would have done nothing to prevent said fucked up person from acquiring the firearm they used as it was illegally obtained.

It's like putting up a sign telling men not to rape anyone. This doesn't bother rapists - If they did care, they wouldn't be rapists. The greatest effect something like that has is that it makes men look bad as a whole.
    Your equivalency is false as you compare an appeal to a restriction. An appeal does not make it any harder for any such criminal to conduct their crime.
    But it is futile to even have this discussion, because it always goes the same. Restrictions do not stop determined shooters from acquiring their guns, one side says. Then you might as well not enforce any laws, says the other. The resulting weariness, of course, helps one side of the gun debate more.
    My personal stance is that a policy that would not be very harmful for normal and moderate people - who would have it a bit harder to get guns/have to wait a bit longer - is useful if there is even a chance that it prevents one needless death. Of course, I am not American, so I do not see the former as too big a problem. But even if I was a lot into guns, I would be aware that this is putting a price tag on the lives of others. How high a chance to prevent a death does a policy need for someone to support it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TSM View Post
    The shooter was a pot farmer.

http://www.myajc.com/news/national/w...ZEtQV9fLAeEaP/

Look at the face of this stoner:
    Didn't see anything in the linked story about being a pot farmer. Of course quite a few people have a few pot plants in that part of California under a medical permit.

But if you start to connect the dots:
    • Likes weed
    • Likes guns
    • Paranoid that people are out to get him

Which describes most of the posts on any internet Libertarian forum.