Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpellCleave View Post
    Again. Deflecting my question and acting like a general moron. Nice job, kid.
    It's not deflecting, it's explaining to you that it affects the Classic-ness of the servers. If it has non-classic features, it's no longer classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    How does it affect you that someone has epic gear but it doesn't look like clown gear? It really doesn't in the end. However, it makes it not-classic. A new model toggle is also not-classic.

Classic-purists are right. If you want classic, you get classic.

Cause you are seeing his armor and weapons being different.

A toggle on models doesn't affect you, you would still see the old models in your monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by nmarg85 View Post

Cause you are seeing his armor and weapons being different.

A toggle on models doesn't affect you, you would still see the old models in your monitor.
    Neither of them truly affect you. That's the whole point. Someone in a transmogged armor set doesn't really affect you either. But neither features belong on a Classic server.

Duke this one out with classic purists.

I want classic. But I'd also like the game to look prettier on MY END
    so play legion/bfa project 60? and leave actual classic to the people who want to play actual classic?

Deleted
    I do not get the stubborness of some people regarding changes that have nothing to do with gameplay.
    I for one would welcome new graphics/models/animations, or a toggle would be fine (like there is a toggle on live for models, also if they have resources to make a whole team for WoW Classic, they will have the resources to mantain 2 sets of models).

But yelling OLD MODELS OR ITS NO VANILLA is just plain silly. Stop pushing that BS, it has nothing to do with immersion (like i said me and I believe a lot of others would prefer the new models), if there will be a toggle it won't affect you at all. And if you preach the "old experience" but you dont have a 4:3 CRT monitor, 1024x768 resolution, a trackball mouse and a dial-up modem you can go stick your "MUH OLDSKOOL" attitude you know where.

Neither of them truly affect you. That's the whole point. Someone in a transmogged armor set doesn't really affect you either. But neither features belong on a Classic server.

Duke this one out with classic purists.
    Of course they affect you. Your armor and weapons reflect your hierarchy status on the server whether it is pve or pvp. Your retarded logic is making a comparison with a fallacious example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    It is now 4x resources. I doubt blizzard is actually willing to maintain 2x models for classic wow.
    There's nothing to maintain, you just drag and drop them into a folder.

Private server modders have been able to 'maintain' both models easily since at least 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    so play legion/bfa project 60? and leave actual classic to the people who want to play actual classic?
    Alright kids, listen up! Just because I have a switch turned to the ON position on my graphics that only I CAN SEE doesn't mean it's not vanilla. I know, it's hard to comprehend.

And for clarification, that is THE ONLY CHANGE I want touching my sweet vanilla. It's literally ONE little thing that affects barely anything. I'm sorry that you can't wrap your head around such a simple, simple thought.

Of course they affect you. Your armor and weapons reflect your hierarchy status on the server whether it is pve or pvp. Your retarded logic is making a comparison with a fallacious example.
    If you have good looking gear, you'll transmog to it regardless, unless you want to fool newbies in PvP.

Also showing that mature Classic behavior I've come to expect.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright kids, listen up! Just because I have a switch turned to the ON position on my graphics that only I CAN SEE doesn't mean it's not vanilla. I know, it's hard to comprehend.

And for clarification, that is THE ONLY CHANGE I want touching my sweet vanilla. It's literally ONE little thing that affects barely anything. I'm sorry that you can't wrap your head around such a simple, simple thought.
    And it's not Vanilla. Simple as that.

If you have good looking gear, you'll transmog to it regardless, unless you want to fool newbies in PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

And it's not Vanilla. Simple as that.
    Lmao. Dude. Literally everything else in the game is untouched. Still Vanilla. You'd get to feel all high and mighty and pure by not clicking the box. And to you, that'd make you better than me. Wouldn't you just LOVE that? I bet you would.

Lmao. Dude. Literally everything else in the game is untouched. Still Vanilla. You'd get to feel all high and mighty and pure by not clicking the box. And to you, that'd make you better than me. Wouldn't you just LOVE that? I bet you would.
    So you want your new character models running around in an old world with 10+ year old graphics. Mounts, pets, environment, gear. All 10 year old. But with new models?

Also, feel free to wrestle classic purists over it.

So you want your new character models running around in an old world with 10+ year old graphics. Mounts, pets, environment, gear. All 10 year old. But with new models?

Also, feel free to wrestle classic purists over it.
    I've stated that I'd like new world textures and models. Both on a toggle that affects nobody but me. If I failed to mention that somewhere, my mistake.

It has nothing to do with a toggle about old/new models. You are completely avoiding the point for the sake of arguing. I guess i'll stop feeding.

I've stated that I'd like new world textures and models. Both on a toggle that affects nobody but me. If I failed to mention that somewhere, my mistake.
    That would be more work for them, wouldn't it? They have no version of Classic with new textures ready. They have Cataclysm, but that has more differences than just textures.

- - - Updated - - -

It has nothing to do with a toggle about old/new models. You are completely avoiding the point for the sake of arguing. I guess i'll stop feeding.
    You just can't understand what you're asking for, really.

That would be more work for them, wouldn't it? They have no version of Classic with new textures ready. They have Cataclysm, but that has more differences than just textures.

- - - Updated - - -

You just can't understand what you're asking for, really.

Yea it'd be more work for them. Great detective skills on figuring that one out. And before you try to steer it that way, I don't want any of the cata changes to areas.

the one single change you want opens the door to all the other single changes that every "i want classic wow but not really classic wow" person demands, then before you know it we have live wow with a level 60 cap

so no thanks, if you want 2017 wow models feel free to play 2017 wow

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    the one single change you want opens the door to all the other single changes that every "i want classic wow but not really classic wow" person demands, then before you know it we have live wow with a level 60 cap

so no thanks, if you want 2017 wow models feel free to play 2017 wow
    So what if the door is open, Blizz doesn't have to walk through it. I'd be pissed about any other change. Especially if they put in LFD/LFR. I wouldn't touch it or BfA. Blizz would have failed me completely.

And really, even if they don't put in this toggle switch, I'd still play classic.

Yea it'd be more work for them. Great detective skills on figuring that one out. And before you try to steer it that way, I don't want any of the cata changes to areas.
    So you want them to do custom work just for a toggle for you.

Wow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    There's nothing to maintain, you just drag and drop them into a folder.

Private server modders have been able to 'maintain' both models easily since at least 2015.
    it is not blizzard quality, you want constantly more update as long as you want graphics update. Also I can bring back BE/NE/Draenei old models in live wow, but blizzard still does not allow me to use old models.

So you want them to do custom work just for a toggle for you.

Wow.
    I would LIKE that yes. I'm not demanding they do this. Also it's cute that you're trying to make me seem like I want to be catered to, others have expressed that they'd like to see this as well. I don't NEED to see it happen.

I wanted more zones in BfA. Which would've been more work. I'm bummed, but okay with the number that there will be. Though I guess that means I want to be catered to also.

I'd still play if they deem it too much work and don't do it, that's fine. I'd be a little bummed they didn't, but it won't keep from playing. There's such thing as wanting something to be added and being okay with life if it doesn't happen. It's not the end of the world if it doesn't go in. And, now get this, it's not the end of the world if it does.