Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Lol you think the MG erp is crazy, but are going to Argent dawn eu have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Do people ever actually comprehend lore or does the dialogue go in one ear and out the other? Nightborne are not addicted to anything any more as of the Arcandor fruit being distributed. And blood elves haven't been addicted to anything since Velen purified the Sunwell. They removed the mana tap racial after BC, to illustrate this point.
    Also Void Elves suck. pass it on.
    um, no, thats not how magic addiction works.

yes, the nightbourne are nolonger magic addicted because the arcandor can cure it.

blood elves however, are very much magic addicted.

they have been ever since the very first days of the well of eternity when they were still night elves and since the sunwell itself was made. the only difference since the sunwell has been restored is they nolonger need to SATE that addiction. their well constantly sustains them through a link. the sunwell is both arcane and light now so theyre still feeding their arcane addiciton.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I feel very bad for the Darkspears and Blood Elves. Who would want to play them anymore with Nightborn and Zandalari around?

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I feel very bad for the Darkspears and Blood Elves. Who would want to play them anymore with Nightborn and Zandalari around?
    I imagine people will continue to roll blood elves, probably over nightborne. I have to agree with you on Zandalari though, but I think Darkspears are going to have the option to straighten out their backs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I imagine people will continue to roll blood elves, probably over nightborne. I have to agree with you on Zandalari though, but I think Darkspears are going to have the option to straighten out their backs as well.
    Ion straight up said the arched back and lankiness was a signature part of Troll look (which doesn’t make much sense since the females stand up straight, but alright) so I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t

I’ll definitely be rolling a Zandalari though haha

I remember really wanting to play a troll hunter back in Vanilla. Deleted him after about 2 minutes of playing. Those animations are pure ass. I really really hope they don’t fuck it up again with the zandalaris.

I can imagine some of these races will truly be well done. Horde having a much more diverse cast than the Alliance.

Lightforged Draenei:
    Perhaps the one race I truly see potential and diversity in for characters.
    The difference between your common draenei and the Lightforged Draenei is the oaths you took in service in the light. You are forged in light and bound to see it's will fulfilled. Your character has been fighting the Legion for years now; and you're built to do so.
    There are traits that you can take on with a draenei character..
    - If you're a newly Lightforged Draenei (As spoilers claim new draenei are undergoing the ritual to become lightforged.)
    You can take on habits of explaining the feeling of being lightforged.
    Explore new details of being embodied with the Light. you are what a paladin strived to be.
    View the world anew in the indoctrination of the Light.

- If you're a Lightforged Draenei from the Xenedar:
    You will be new to Azeroth and get to explored anew.
    You live in a life of Ignorance, despite the war against the demons. You know not of the allies and enemies you side with.
    You may promote your fellow kin to become lightforged to assure no evil can arrise once more.
    You begin to learn of your people's slaughter, your people's struggles, and the issues they still face.
    (If a friend joins in) Discover family/lovers/friends from when the draenei separated in Argus.

Dark Iron Dwarf:
    You have vastly more fleshed out lore than the other Allied races. Having all of Dwarven history to determine your character's movitations.

Dark Iron Dwarves have a lengthy blood rivalry against the other dwarven clans. You've had to see your kings, queens, and even the Firelord defeated by the other clans and allies of such. Your character can be one of many things. But you'll always have a grim history attached to your people. Use this to decide your people's future in your own hands. You may either see with Moira Thaurissian's claim to both thrones, and see her will be done. Or you can be a dwarf joined out of survival.

Void Elves:
    Perhaps the worst of all six thus revealed.
    Void Elves have nothing but new lore associated with them. And we cannot draw any lines beyond what has been leaked, and what has been seen. All we know is that Alleria recruits a group of Blood Elves who were practicing in Silvermoon, but later exiled.

From all we can tell, these will be pulled off to be the High Elves people wanted to be. But we're going to see really garbage characters using their models. Even some people will try to make the void elves work.. but it just won't work well till we get a better look in the lore.. so far, nobody is satisfied.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    So general worldbuilding thoughts now that everything is settled in and announced for the time

How do you figure/intend to RP the new races if you try it at all? Obviously there will be stereotypical depictions (Void Elves being edgy, Zandalari/Nightborne being better than thou, ect. ect.)

But everyone treats a character differently.

I'd likely make my shaman and Zandalari and have him do very Zandalari things, blood magic, dark loa worship, ect. ect.
    My druid is at a high chance of becoming a Highmountain Tauren. And for complete RP sake, a void elf on Alliance - because I used to cheer for the High Elves..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Void Elves will have many terrible RPers and a few good ones. I am excited for Void Elves, but let's be honest here, it will be a shitshow.
    Dark Irons I imagine will have the highest quality RP of the alliance new races, since I few a majority of dwarf RPers do fine and are not filled with "bad".

One thing to remember is it seems Void Elves came from Blood Elves, not necessarily High Elves. This gives ground to build around, so you can have a history and have the void aspect be a recent change.

I think I will have a void elf be classy and sophisticated with an intellectual interest in the void and its potential. He could come off as a bit of an elitist but likely will have a strong desire to do good for those who treat him well, essentially high on mutual respect. He likely would be fine with the switch to alliance, and being adaptable to change as opposed to past politics.

I fear for the quality of Alliance RP after void elves hit live. It is definitely going to sink even more. A lot of my friends and I are weary of staying blue and some already plan on switching to Horde.

Deleted
    Have your Servers decided to simply ignore Void Elf Roleplayers as well?^^

Deleted
    Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei are my favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I fear for the quality of Alliance RP after void elves hit live. It is definitely going to sink even more. A lot of my friends and I are weary of staying blue and some already plan on switching to Horde.
    What realm? I've been meaning to roll an orc for the longest time, but I can barely find any RP Horde side.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    What realm? I've been meaning to roll an orc for the longest time, but I can barely find any RP Horde side.
    We RP on WrA US for Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I'm thinking about entirely switching to Horde and play a Nightborn.

I have to say, its really a shitshow of Blizzard to give the Horde two during the expansion beautifully crafted and polished while the Alliance gets random More Light-Draeneo who are exactly the same as the Draenei only in more light and some random cringy Void Elves that have no lore. Especially since the Horde allied races have already established and big zones, the Alliance allied races have nothing and are just small groups, while the Nightborn and the Highmountain are actually entire races.

At this point, pure Alliance players should need to pay less every month, as most of the story developement and world building at Blizzard is only directed at the Horde.

my void elf rp
    I am an infiltrator of N'zoth in the alliance, my goal is to devil the mortal defenses so that the conquest of the master is more sensilla!

"Stupid humans are nothing but instruments of the master!"