Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    People add it themselves without much effort, you know?
    Well, if that is the case, BE/NE/Draenei old models should be enabled on live wow immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    If that is the case, tmorph should be a feature of wow and transmog should be removed since it does not affect anyone. Or make transmog client side
    ....I get the feeling your just trolling...You CANT BE SERIOUS about some of the things you said. Give me ONE logical thing whats wrong about a toggle for an update only I will see? What does it matter to YOU, what I see? You have old models on? You will see me in old model. I will see you in new. That all.

"Yeah, I spend time getting items for transmog because I want my characters to look cool to ME. If they show up as naked female trolls on everyone else's client, I'm fine with that." 100% right.

"Or make transmog client side" Also ok with me. I dont care if anyone can see my cloth/leather/plate mix. Just give ME the option to look good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fion Silberpfeil View Post
    ....I get the feeling your just trolling...You CANT BE SERIOUS about some of the things you said. Give me ONE logical thing whats wrong about a toggle for an update only I will see? What does it matter to YOU, what I see? You have old models on? You will see me in old model. I will see you in new. That all.
    That is annoying for your models/transmogs when you have to cater different people for using different toggles.

Also. NE/BE/Draenei old models are gone in live. If it does not affect you, why remove these old models?

"Yeah, I spend time getting items for transmog because I want my characters to look cool to ME. If they show up as naked female trolls on everyone else's client, I'm fine with that." 100% right.

"Or make transmog client side" Also ok with me. I dont care if anyone can see my cloth/leather/plate mix. Just give ME the option to look good.

There is no such thing called option. I want my BE old models, why blizzard does not allow me to use them?

That is annoying for your models/transmogs when you have to cater different people for using different toggles.

Also. NE/BE/Draenei old models are gone in live. If it does not affect you, why remove these old models?

There is no such thing called option. I want my BE old models, why blizzard does not allow me to use them?
    For fucks sake. There are only two options. Old and New. It doesnt matter if it affects me on retail, if Blizzard said "We dont use them anymore" its their choice. The reason for the "only new models on Elves" is a skeleton thing. Doesnt matter on classic. They are still there. Its not like they deletet them all to never come back.

7+ Year Old Account
    For fucks sake. There are only two options. Old and New. It doesnt matter if it affects me on retail, if Blizzard said "We dont use them anymore" its their choice. The reason for the "only new models on Elves" is a skeleton thing. Doesnt matter on classic. They are still there. Its not like they deletet them all to never come back.
    It does matter on classic. They will do the same thing on classic wow (which is deleting old models) because they don't want to maintain 2x versions of models.

We dont have ANYTHING which NEEDS the new model on classic server like DH. Which is a class you never will get on an classic server. So it doesnt matter which model you use. Its purely cosmetic for yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    We dont have ANYTHING which NEEDS the new model on classic server like DH. Which is a class you never will get on an classic server. So it doesnt matter which model you use. Its purely cosmetic for yourself.
    Demon hunter is a lie on live. They have 100000000 ways to solve that issue, for example, only allow non-dh classes to use be/ne old models. They just don't want you to use old models.

It's cool bro, remember all those times people like you would say "It's not about the graphics, it's about the game play."

In this case, it's 100% about game play, not the graphics. Also,
    1.) BE never existed in Vanilla.
    2.) Draenei never existed in Vanilla.
    3.) NE did, but we're about to broach the subject later
    4.) 2/3 were brought in during BC, the expansion AFTER the original World of Warcraft release.

Seeing as we aren't concerned with a Burning Crusade server, we'll go ahead and go back to #3.

Seems that during patch 7.3, when they added new casting animations to the game, they broke some models. I could also imagine because this is really not a high priority issue, as it doesn't effect your precious QoL changes, it's on the very BOTTOM of their "Fix Shit" list. More than likely something they'll reintegrate once servers go live and textures and models are coded back into the game; as they DID exist before the patch.

I have no worry, as OP should have. But going through some of your posts seems like you're one of the trolls who posts hyperbolic(see-
    "Blizzard, as an imperialist scum, definitely never cares what people actually want." cqwrteur) nonsense mostly. Enjoy your day making big stinks over nothing.

One of the bigger things about this classic server civil war I'm really actually enjoying, is all the people wishing the worst for people who in all likelihood will enjoy the content because, and by your standards, Blizzard is lazy, and the trail to set has already been made by dozens of private servers(who for the majority don't even follow Vanilla server tuning themselves; 2-8x leveling, opt in payments for gear, priority statuses, etc) and Blizzard themselves already.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    Seems that during patch 7.3, when they added new casting animations to the game, they broke some models. I could also imagine because this is really not a high priority issue, as it doesn't effect your precious QoL changes, it's on the very BOTTOM of their "Fix Shit" list. More than likely something they'll reintegrate once servers go live and textures and models are coded back into the game; as they DID exist before the patch.
    well. these are lies too if you've ever watched my videos before. BTW, 7.3 isn't new animation, they are just new spell effects, which mean it does not affect models at all.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-11-16 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    And I don't care about people who want new models, because they're inferior. Old models are superior. See, I can do that too.

Nah, it's subjective, old models had more charm to them, I hate new models/animations on live, they look like shit, and nothing will change my opinion on that. Old models/animations should be an option on live, and it should be default on classic no matter what (there shouldn't even be a toggle in classic, because then it wouldn't be classic).

You want new models/animations? Play legion/Bfa, classic is not for you.
    If they put new animations into classic.. you should quit official blizzard servers. Because I guess they're not for you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    If they put new animations into classic.. you should quit official blizzard servers. Because I guess they're not for you?
    I wont play if they decide to add new models toggle into classic. I don't care classic gameplay. I only want a safe home for using old models forever.

I wont play if they decide to add new models toggle into classic.
    Good I hope they add it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    Good I hope they add it.
    well. it wont success as long as they add it.

The amount of work Blizzard would have to do to maintain this would be minimal. The reason certain old models are no longer supported is because they added brand new classes/animations that they didn't want to go through the effort of making work with the old models. Given that they aren't going to be adding anything new like this to classic, the same concerns shouldn't be relevant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    The amount of work Blizzard would have to do to maintain this would be minimal. The reason certain old models are no longer supported is because they added brand new classes/animations that they didn't want to go through the effort of making work with the old models. Given that they aren't going to be adding anything new like this to classic, the same concerns shouldn't be relevant.
    same with classic.

ITT: People wanting other people to play the game the way they want them to.

If something doesn't affect you then leave it be, who cares if someone is seeing different player models than you? Most aspects of vanilla should stay as they were but things like visuals, especially if only the person playing sees those models, should be up to personal choice. Not the irrational desires of certain vanilla purists.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    ITT: People wanting other people to play the game the way they want them to.

If something doesn't affect you then leave it be, who cares if someone is seeing different player models than you? Most aspects of vanilla should stay as they were but things like visuals, especially if only the person playing sees those models, should be up to personal choice. Not the irrational desires of certain vanilla purists.
    well, I know science. History will prove me right. I put my words here.

blood elf/night elf/draenei old models are gone in live wow.
    False. They are still here. You just can't use them for "reasons". For example blizz was lazy to add DH horns to old NE/BE.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    False. They are still here.
    True. They are not here. You should check that toggle to see what will happen by yourself before spreading meme.

OP is just salty.

Classic will not be 100% vanilla, accept it. They are in the process of re-writing the client to be modern, they have the option to add new graphics/models if they please as a toggle.

And why are they re-writing the client? Because security issues, optimization for modern computers, back-end network structure(Battle.net Friend list integration for example) among other things that are needed to make Classic not be a turd. A lot has changed since Windows XP, and I can guarantee you need at least Windows 7 to play Classic.

Why Windows 7? There are numerous security issues with previous versions, and not supporting Win Vista or below means they can eliminate most bots and scripts from the game due to different security measures Win7 introduced for files and programs(namely the memory, RAM) that they could not take advantage of before they ended the support for XP/Vista. Namely stuff such as model editing, tMorph and inject-based bots were nuked with this change because they could no longer access WoW's memory as it was protected to only accept certified files to load into the .exe.