Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Personally I loved the idea of a support class, but in practice this did not always seem to work out as well as hoped. What I would have loved to have seen, in a 40-man raid, was raid-wide UNIQUE buffs for playing support roles. As an example, if a feral druid in cat form provided a raid-wide 5% buff, and that buff could not come from any other source, then that class would be considered mandatory. I would have loved to have seen situations like this crop up, if the idea of the 40-man raid had been taken to its next logical level.

I'd actually still like to see this situation happen in Classic wow, but I do not know if they will have the "vision" to do stuff like that... your passive contribution to the raid would be absolutely justified regardless of your individual numbers. That is the sort of thing that I wished Classic wow had done, because it would be nice if there were a few roles i the raid that people could play without needing to be outstanding twitch-gamers in order to contribute.

Today's mythical wow raids are more about individual excellence, and less about teamwork. It's one thing that I liked about Vanilla wow, was that you could have people who underperformed on an individual basis, but you could still justify their raid spot with tertiary, passive contributions. Those days are kind of gone, and I thought they would never come back... but now I kind of have hope that maybe they will...
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Damn right I would go support again. Played Boomkin and resto in raids and PvP. I actually was able to go Boomkin if we needed DPS and Resto if we needed heals all the way up to BWL. I also reached rank 10 in PvP before calling it quits because I wanted a life and couldn't talk my brother into being the second person pvping my char to get it to rank 14 Grand Marshal. After BWL though that's when the problems started. If there was a priest or mage available I was sat. You wouldn't believe how a Boomkin could melt people in AV when you get the right gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rolling a priest was a grave mistake for me. Dropped it at level 30-something when i've got tired of PW:S, SW:P, wand, chat bullshit. A paladin or shaman is the only support i would play

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    Absolutely not. I remember leveling my paladin to 60, getting kicked from my first real raid in ZG because I was in ret, and told I need to go spec holy or go pvp.
    Maybe your raid was an issue, but i definitely remember paladins healing ZG in ret spec (even with glowing hands after they crit. Bullshit talent IMO) in int gear. There was no need to spec holy for a fucking ZG raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

No, I hate playing healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds fun for me. I always like roles which do not imply competition, but rather collaboration. So I dislike dps because all that matters in the end is recount position (and warcraftlogs rankings recently). I kind of dislike healers lately because of the same, it's less of an issue, but still most of people judge healer by their HPS. Tank is the best role for me, tanks never compete, they collaborate. But supports sounds even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Sounds fun for me. I always like roles which do not imply competition, but rather collaboration. So I dislike dps because all that matters in the end is recount position (and warcraftlogs rankings recently). I kind of dislike healers lately because of the same, it's less of an issue, but still most of people judge healer by their HPS. Tank is the best role for me, tanks never compete, they collaborate. But supports sounds even better.
    Collaboration in a raid group is the best. Everyone with a job and everyone doing that job well is fun.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I've wanted a true support role in WoW since forever. Closest we ever got to it were enhancement and shadow (my favourite incarnation ever) in tbc. A role where your responsibility is in increasing the potency of others, not doing damage like the other 14 people in your raid (sure, the damage can matter too, but it's not why you bring the class / spec).