Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdude103 View Post
    In Suramar The kirin tor had to step in to make sure the night/high elves dont attack the blood elves or vice versa

Class hall champions dont act in the interest of any faction thats the entire reason they formed because the alliance and horde were useless
    REALLY ? U counting the FUCKING quest where a FUCKING spy from FUCKING Nighthold caused troubles as a way to show that alliance and horde were FUCKING going to attack each others?
    REALLY?
    Since i did the quest, u literally solve it in next step, alliance and horde are back again best buddies, with only Tyrande said some remarks on the nightborne that shouldn't be enough reason to make them hate alliance 'so much' that they risk their survival and join horde in full war

Class halls have alliance and horde champions together, Liadrin for example will go help horde, while in legion she was helping alliance too, even under alliance hero command, and same from Broll, wowpedia their names, they aren't some 'random npc', we talk about big iconic alliance/horde characters, who were 100% helping without hesitating the other faction, faction figures who are capable of stopping the war if it started, like Rehgar again, or Etrigg (also he helps only horde hero, he still goes to the class hall)

The only action that was out of a faction in entire legion again is the attack from worgens, and there isn't even a single hint in all quests that Genn was working under commands of the alliance, just rogue act as 'revenge' of alliance SI7 failure, so even that was idiotic attack, and Forsaken were shown to be just defending, they didn't try attack alliance anywhere
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

In conclusion. We have all made progress on our so called opinions which is really just ego and a bunch of boring other human shit so let me just say this, I think the only part I enjoyed was Sylvanas going full banshee, the rest seemed rushed to show off Anduin and It didn't capture what I think the expansion is going to be about. The cinematic has a lot of flaws but I did enjoy the first scenes of the battle but the rest was corny and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    REALLY ? U counting the FUCKING quest where a FUCKING spy from FUCKING Nighthold caused troubles as a way to show that alliance and horde were FUCKING going to attack each others?
    REALLY?
    Since i did the quest, u literally solve it in next step, alliance and horde are back again best buddies, with only Tyrande said some remarks on the nightborne that shouldn't be enough reason to make them hate alliance 'so much' that they risk their survival and join horde in full war

Class halls have alliance and horde champions together, Liadrin for example will go help horde, while in legion she was helping alliance too, even under alliance hero command, and same from Broll, wowpedia their names, they aren't some 'random npc', we talk about big iconic alliance/horde characters, who were 100% helping without hesitating the other faction, faction figures who are capable of stopping the war if it started, like Rehgar again, or Etrigg (also he helps only horde hero, he still goes to the class hall)

The only action that was out of a faction in entire legion again is the attack from worgens, and there isn't even a single hint in all quests that Genn was working under commands of the alliance, just rogue act as 'revenge' of alliance SI7 failure, so even that was idiotic attack, and Forsaken were shown to be just defending, they didn't try attack alliance anywhere
    Were not fukin best buddies any partnership we have ever had was reluctant

and again class orders were formed because the factions couldn't get along

Deleted
    Every frame with Sylvanas in it was better than anything anyone in the history of the planet has ever done. That's just an undeniable fact and I can prove it scientifically in a court of law.

Deleted
    First of all... this expansion is like nothing we have seen before. So I have no Idea why you compare it to Cata and WoD. More like MoP if anything.

Second. Highmountain tauren suck? Are you blind? If you said void elves I would've understand tho.

And dude... The cinematic was awesome.

Deleted
    Dude is angry.

Dude should stop playing if he hates it so much and get out more?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Battle for Azeroth. Azshara is the main enemy. We have one cool scene where Sylvanas goes full Banshee and just insta-kills. Anduin is a bitch so naturally he starts crying and some stupid miracle occurs. Sylvanas smiles for no reason and they keep fighting. Terrific. What can we gather from this?

#1 Blizzard is really at the point where this is going to be about Azshara or not. I'd love to see it go that way quickly but let's be honest. They drag it out.
    #2 This is looking really WODish right about now. No point to anything I've seen, cosmetic updates and some boring scenarios.
    #3 A fucking Necklace that you use...Azerite(seriously?) on to make 3 pieces of gear stronger or whatever.
    #4 Highmountain tauren suck. Reskin. We finally get some trolls that look like jungle trolls and aren't flamingos with ugly faces. Sorry Blizzard you suck at faces. Lucio was cross-eyed on your HOTS screen for at least a month so please don't argue.
    #5 The worst part is probably it has a Cataclysm vibe to it as well. I'd love to see a crossover between WOD and Cataclysm said no one ever I hope.

Well enjoy my opinion because that's all it is, if you have any doubts I'd say save your money. I just don't see any story here and Jaina Proudmoore should have committed suicide or something by now because she's fucking a dragon. Human fucks cow in WoW universe=Tauren confirmed.

I honestly feel more humor coming from this expansion than war. WOW: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH................."WHAT THE FUCK ELSE HAVE WE BEEN DOING THE LAST 13 YEARS NOW?" FINALLY WE CAN START DEFENDING OUR PLANET EVERYONE!

Ohhh shut the freaking fuck up.....! You are entitled to nothing! Your opinion is worthless, just like your pathetic life.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Much Ad hominem such good xpac

To the OP: were we even watching the same cinematic? I love it. I think it looked beautiful and really highlighted the start of BFA. We all know that the start if an expansion does not necessarily reflect where the expansion leads to by the end. What starts as a faction war will more than likely lead into us discovering so much more and ending the expansion with something else (maybe Old Gods/Voidish-ness).

Let's be honest here. Every single time they have released a cinematic someone has called it "The worst cinematic ever". Most likely every time. Sorry it wasn't to your taste, but I quite liked it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdude103 View Post
    Were not fukin best buddies any partnership we have ever had was reluctant

and again class orders were formed because the factions couldn't get along
    So alliance invited horde to Vindicaar, and as u do quest as horde u see total hospitality, as 'reluctant'? What about horde going to save Exodar ? They literally can ignore it and no one would blame them at all, no one was expecting horde to help in first place, what about as rogue class campaign u go to 'enemy' faction cities to save them from Humoncoli spies? again u can ignore them, and seriously horde won't blame alliance for ignoring a horde problem ever, or vice versa, because that used to be the normal
    Lastly last time alliance and horde armies went fighting together was at start of WoD and even that was just stand at portal, not actual armies rallying together fighting a common enemy, twice (first broken shore, then nighthold, both failed ironically)
    The only thing left was that an ally hero would flirt with a horde hero... oh wait that happened in vindicaar
    Then last thing left was probably an actual marriage proposal, that didn't happen yet
    You seem to ignore pretty much 'heavy weight' heroes like Liadrin/Broll/Etrigg/Faol (yes Faol is a big name since wc1) who won't make sense that they would attack enemy faction that they just helped, then again this is a game where they ping ponged Garrosh and introduced an april joke as entire expansion idea (where they even didn't spearhead it after launch)
    In case u don't know Faol is the founder of entire paladin class, organization, a hero of first and 2nd war, who was supposed to be dead and appeared alive, i doubt alliance would dare oppose him, he is the only alliance hero I can name who was alive during the 1st great war
    Quote Originally Posted by Saar View Post
    Second. Highmountain tauren suck? Are you blind? If you said void elves I would've understand tho.
    How exactly they don't 'suck' for horde? We already have Taurens, if anything, they should introduced Youngel or Tanuka, at least they look slightly different, Highmountain are just Taurens with tiny higher resolutions, they look exact same
    And of course it doesn't make any sense they decide to join horde while - lorewise - alliance helped them in exact way as horde

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Let's be honest here. Every single time they have released a cinematic someone has called it "The worst cinematic ever". Most likely every time. Sorry it wasn't to your taste, but I quite liked it.
    He probably refers from lore pov, quality is no doubt they always get better, but lorewise, it is the worst so far, for many reasons discussed already (or just check my post)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I loved the Cinematic, although my favorite part is when the overly excited Tauren thinks charging through the Horde's anti-cavalry spike barriers is somehow a good idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    So alliance invited horde to Vindicaar, and as u do quest as horde u see total hospitality, as 'reluctant'? What about horde going to save Exodar ? They literally can ignore it and no one would blame them at all, no one was expecting horde to help in first place, what about as rogue class campaign u go to 'enemy' faction cities to save them from Humoncoli spies? again u can ignore them, and seriously horde won't blame alliance for ignoring a horde problem ever, or vice versa, because that used to be the normal
    Lastly last time alliance and horde armies went fighting together was at start of WoD and even that was just stand at portal, not actual armies rallying together fighting a common enemy, twice (first broken shore, then nighthold, both failed ironically)
    The only thing left was that an ally hero would flirt with a horde hero... oh wait that happened in vindicaar
    Then last thing left was probably an actual marriage proposal, that didn't happen yet
    You seem to ignore pretty much 'heavy weight' heroes like Liadrin/Broll/Etrigg/Faol (yes Faol is a big name since wc1) who won't make sense that they would attack enemy faction that they just helped, then again this is a game where they ping ponged Garrosh and introduced an april joke as entire expansion idea (where they even didn't spearhead it after launch)
    In case u don't know Faol is the founder of entire paladin class, organization, a hero of first and 2nd war, who was supposed to be dead and appeared alive, i doubt alliance would dare oppose him, he is the only alliance hero I can name who was alive during the 1st great war

How exactly they don't 'suck' for horde? We already have Taurens, if anything, they should introduced Youngel or Tanuka, at least they look slightly different, Highmountain are just Taurens with tiny higher resolutions, they look exact same
    And of course it doesn't make any sense they decide to join horde while - lorewise - alliance helped them in exact way as horde

- - - Updated - - -

He probably refers from lore pov, quality is no doubt they always get better, but lorewise, it is the worst so far, for many reasons discussed already (or just check my post)
    Thats a fair point with the Taunka/yaungol. But still... I think it's great that blizzard gives us more options with the (sub)races. And I wouldn't be surprised if they added more like Mag'har orcs and different humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully for the rest of us your opinion is just a big hot bag of dung.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    ...they better come up with a DAMM good reason for us being at war.
    Has there ever been a good reason for anyone to be at war? Other than genuine self defense? I'm not talking about sanitized Hollywood war; I am talking about realistic war where civilians die as collateral damage, atrocities are committed on both sides, heroes come home with ptsd, and veterans commit suicide. You know, pretty much every war ever in the real world. Wars are living proof that our highest ideals can still be overruled by our basest instincts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunara View Post
    I loved the Cinematic, although my favorite part is when the overly excited Tauren thinks charging through the Horde's anti-cavalry spike barriers is somehow a good idea.
    That Tauren was awesome! And I'm pretty sure Sylvanas just used Bloodlust, so the Tauren had to hurry into melee range before all the CDs expired.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    What I find most ridiculous tbh is the exp name. Battle for Azeroth. It implies some final battle upon which the fate of our world depends. But its not, lol. Just some stupid war between factions again. And we are not even fighting for Azeroth.
    Don't you believe it. Not for one minute. There's a lot more going on that just another faction war, and Azeroth herself will be at risk if we don't sort that out by the second tier.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    The cinematic was awesome.
    I had two main takeaways from the cinematic: 1) some major shit has to go down, or sylvanas is really desperate to have the horde backing her so she can retain control of her city (based on the snippets from the book, sylvanas has no love for the horde, just for ruling the forsaken and her grip was weakening, desolate council and shit) so that mega cringe for the horde was probably (hopefully) a ploy to keep the horde fighting for her to keep her city. 2) i would love to see some kind of spear and shield ability brought into the game for class(es). like prot warrior gets a trait from somewhere that lets them do that

Deleted
    Battle for Azeroth. Azshara is the main enemy.
    Wrong kid! Azshara is NOT the main enemy the alliancce is

We have one cool scene where Sylvanas goes full Banshee and just insta-kills. Anduin is a bitch so naturally he starts crying and some stupid miracle occurs. Sylvanas smiles for no reason and they keep fighting. Terrific. What can we gather from this?

#1 Blizzard is really at the point where this is going to be about Azshara or not. I'd love to see it go that way quickly but let's be honest. They drag it out.
    #2 This is looking really WODish right about now. No point to anything I've seen, cosmetic updates and some boring scenarios.
    #3 A fucking Necklace that you use...Azerite(seriously?) on to make 3 pieces of gear stronger or whatever.
    #4 Highmountain tauren suck. Reskin. We finally get some trolls that look like jungle trolls and aren't flamingos with ugly faces. Sorry Blizzard you suck at faces. Lucio was cross-eyed on your HOTS screen for at least a month so please don't argue.
    #5 The worst part is probably it has a Cataclysm vibe to it as well. I'd love to see a crossover between WOD and Cataclysm said no one ever I hope.
    And there you go full hater, you should NEVER go full Hater....

the real topic title should have been: "my 12 year old self doesnt like this cinematic so I make a qq thread, whos with me?"

- - - Updated - - -

In conclusion. We have all made progress on our so called opinions which is really just ego and a bunch of boring other human shit so let me just say this, I think the only part I enjoyed was Sylvanas going full banshee, the rest seemed rushed to show off Anduin and It didn't capture what I think the expansion is going to be about. The cinematic has a lot of flaws but I did enjoy the first scenes of the battle but the rest was corny and stupid.
    man dude could you PLEASE for the love of logic and sense turn your brain ON before you post.
    the xpac is about horde vs alliance hence the cinematic shows horde vs alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    I find it more funny people are still invested in the game's ''story''.
    Lmao, why aren't you playing diablo then? Zero story and shit ton of loot everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Each and every expansion had a name indicating its entry theme.

The Burning Crusade - chasing the burning legion across the dark portal. Nothing about Sunwell.
    Wrath of the Lich King - invading LK's lands. Nothing about Old God lurking here.
    Cataclysm - literally what starts the expansion. Nothing about Trolls for example
    Mists of Pandaria - them going down revealed Pandariia, its actually what let us explore the isles in the first place. Nothing about old god or garrosh going hitler
    Warlords of Draenor - we meet the in the first scenario and fight with them in the first half of the story. Nothing about incomming legion
    Legion - their invasion made us come back to the broken shore, we fight them in literally every zone (Xavius is working with the legion). Nothing about the void, ethereals.

Battle for Azeroth - two most powerful factions fighting over stupid conflicts when there are dangerous enemies still on OUR planet? I'd say legion was more of a battle for azeroth.
    yes and no. legion is more the culmination of a long lasting war for azeroth. the battle for azeroth on its surface would lend itself towards the faction conflict. it's likely though, as the expansion progresses that the title will take on more layers of meaning perhaps as we discover that "oh shit, we got manipulated into fighting each other and missed baddies making their own machinations happen!" (<-- total speculation) or maybe as the expansion progresses a new/old mutual enemy will reveal itself causing a pause in faction hostilities again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Your opinion is shitty, goodbye.
    What he said
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.