I think 7.3.5 will be last week of January or sometime February

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    They didn't do one with Legion (it was just a more closed Beta they called 'Alpha') due to the fact that they got tired of dealing with leaks.
    thats because they had to pseed up stuff because of the failure wod was.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    thats because they had to pseed up stuff because of the failure wod was.
    But they didn't speed anything up. The development period for Legion was pretty typical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    7.3.5 live in January... lol.
    yeah 7.3.5 wont hit before everyone has seen Antorus is fully open in lfr so the earliest 7.3.5 could hit would be the 23rd of january.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Patch 7.1.5 released on January 10th of this year, and the Legion alpha dropped late November/Early December IIRC.
    Also Cataclysm was released in December.
    Not trying to start an argument, just saying that they have done stuff in the timeframes you listed.
    I know that Cataclysm was released in December. Dragon Soul was released in December (or end of November) as well. That was the last time they released anything "important" in December as far as I know and remember. There were things released in November but December has been a "holiday" month since then (Highmaul opened December 2nd but that's been launch content and nothing "new").

7.1.5 did not offer anything of importance or any features. You're right that they released it in January (after ~ 2 months of PTR testing). I still don't see any chance that they'll give us the 7.3.5 PTR this year. They are busy with Antorus release (I mean Antorus LFR opening mid January is a delay of 1.5 months). 7.3.5 is a feature packed patch which cannot be deployed with minimal PTR time. Even when they give us the 7.3.5 PTR now I highly doubt we'll get 7.3.5 before February or March.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Those are indeed the updated horses because the worgs at Stromgarde and Orgrimmar were updated as well.
    Is there any link to see those worgs? I haven't seen them yet and I'd love to !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    But they didn't speed anything up. The development period for Legion was pretty typical.
    yes, they did speed up the testing because normaly it was alpha - beta, this time they com,pletly skiped the alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    It's actually the Legion patch content that was fairly sped up compared to other expansions.

Despite all the "Hurr durr, you got timegated you sheeps" naysayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Is there any link to see those worgs? I haven't seen them yet and I'd love to !
    https://i.gyazo.com/2fd1bd4f3efd45c3...f8db329b07.jpg
    Note the tail and fur texture overall is darker and more solid than looking like a rotating decal type of texture which was popular in the 00s.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    yes, they did speed up the testing because normaly it was alpha - beta, this time they com,pletly skiped the alpha.
    But Legion had a fairly long alpha?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    https://i.gyazo.com/2fd1bd4f3efd45c3...f8db329b07.jpg
    Note the tail and fur texture overall is darker and more solid than looking like a rotating decal type of texture which was popular in the 00s.
    Right I saw the worgs in the trailer but couldn't "see what was new", but thanks to your explanation I see what you're talking about. Seems like we're getting updated worgs indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    People really underestimate how massive 7.3.5 is. We are talking about implementing scaling over a massive amount of content. I guarantee there will be a massive number of bugs left. They need to test this a lot.
    That's massive testing, not massive development. The development - including follow-up "ah, right, we forgot to fix this special case, thanks for finding it" things - is completely trivial.

They also seem content leaving tons of things working plain stupid after these scaling passes. Ie, a green item from TBC could easily be better than a blue item from WotLK. So the bar is pretty low.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-11-16 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that the release of the alpha/beta will be completely independent of the testing/release of 7.3.5, people are very well capable of testing both versions and Blizzard is very well capable of selecting people who would test one or the other if needed.

Stuff like the level scaling is a lot easier to internally test than an entire raid for tuning, so it's very likely that this has already been extensively tested anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Right I saw the worgs in the trailer but couldn't "see what was new", but thanks to your explanation I see what you're talking about. Seems like we're getting updated worgs indeed!
    Isn't that just WoD's wolf?

Depending on how fucked up their code base is I would imagine it just boils down to searching the itms/npcs, extracting a factor if neccessary, replacing it with a variable (dependency on your level) and you are good to go. That is a script, not even actual code that is needed here. What is needed though is someone playing through it all once, which blizzard has enough willing lab rats for. They will even do it for free, mind you. It's also why I refuse to count this as a major feature. That is something I'd sic our interns on to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Mages exist, and there's nothing they can't conjure; food, coin, luxury goods, you name it.

Come to think of it, Azeroth is apparently devoid of any form of actual economy or any kind of problem related to food.
    Then they really need some mages in Westfall. Those hobos have been starving since Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Depending on how fucked up their code base is I would imagine it just boils down to searching the itms/npcs, extracting a factor if neccessary, replacing it with a variable (dependency on your level) and you are good to go. That is a script, not even actual code that is needed here. What is needed though is someone playing through it all once, which blizzard has enough willing lab rats for. They will even do it for free, mind you. It's also why I refuse to count this as a major feature. That is something I'd sic our interns on to.
    Considering how aged the current system is, it's definitely more than that, but yeah they have more than enough internal testing to get this properly tested before hitting PTR (which I'm sure has already been done).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Considering how aged the current system is, it's definitely more than that, but yeah they have more than enough internal testing to get this properly tested before hitting PTR (which I'm sure has already been done).
    Not sure age really matters here. The way the game determines how strong something is has to be saved in some numbers stored in a file. The basic system for scaling already exists, what's left is to modify the old numbers which are currently still static. I'm not even sure if the server actually scales the NPCs though, it might be only the player that gets scaled (I'm actually fairly certain that is how it works for the most part, thinking about it again), which would just leave items.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Did they actually say that this would work similar to the way the crucible works with relics regarding randomization, though? I was under the impression that it wouldn't be random, you'd just have the ability to choose from what you already have unlocked.
    They said it won't be random. Each piece will have a predetermined set of traits. But that doesn't change what I said, if the best combination of traits is on a piece that has bas stats then you're stuck with it. Hopefully they continue to improve on stat balance so that it's not a big pb.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Isn't that just WoD's wolf?
    I certainly hope not.