Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Canada can't go it alone in fighting for human rights.
    Canada is non-factor country, is not a subject of the international politics, and can pretend to fight for whatever it wants.

Deleted
    Duterte is probably the most evil, despicable, disgusting person alive right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Duterte is probably the most evil, despicable, disgusting person alive right now.
    Nah, that would be TennisAce.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    All the native Filipinos I work with love Duterte

Really no need for Canada to be involved in another countries business
    Yes there is. He's a mass murdering fuck.

Just remember is the same manchild who called Fidel Castro,”remarkable” and “a larger than life leader who served his people”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ody/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...te-after-trump

I don't get this. Canada can't go it alone in fighting for human rights. We need other countries to join in and condemn Duterte for the atrocities going on in the Philippines.
    Don't worry, bro. Canada isn't and has never been the only one fighting for human rights. Really, this feels more like a political stunt just to cause drama.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Well, looks like he weakened some international relations and has literally nothing to show for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Well, looks like he weakened some international relations and has literally nothing to show for it.
    No one should want to have any kind of relations with a man who commented on an australian woman being gangraped and murdered in his country with "They should have let me rape her first"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Bit of a colonial mindset you have there, telling other nations how they should be run, very 19th Century. Are you one of those alt-right I keep hearing about?
    Given that Duterte is literally encouraging vigilante killings the world SHOULD be concerned. People are being murdered for the crime of merely being suspected of being a drug dealer/drug addict. No due process or right to a fair trial. Someone with a grudge could start spreading rumors to justify riling up a mob to come kill you.

Would you be okay if that sort of thing was happening in your country and your countries leader was openly encouraging that sort of behavior?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Given that Duterte is literally encouraging vigilante killings the world SHOULD be concerned. People are being murdered for the crime of merely being suspected of being a drug dealer/drug addict. No due process or right to a fair trial. Someone with a grudge could start spreading rumors to justify riling up a mob to come kill you.

Would you be okay if that sort of thing was happening in your country and your countries leader was openly encouraging that sort of behavior?
    In Malta they blow up people who annoy politicians, so I’m keeping my gob shut about the Maltese leader, at least until after the investigation into who ordered the bomb is complete and possibly after.

Or maybe I was taking the piss, who knows?

Trudeau as no business talking about human rights. He throws people in jail for referring to someone by their biological and only possible gender.
    Cooler Master H500P Mesh | i7 8700K@5GHz | CLC 280 | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4@3000MHz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | Samsung EVO 960 500GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | WD Black 3TB | AOC G2460PF 144Hz

Philipines/US discussion-- NK must be handled because they will nuke and kill millions or tens of millions of innocent people

Philipines/Canada discussion-- We must make sure that thousands of guilty people are dealt with in a humane way

I'm obviously oversimplifying the issue, but at least from a utilitarian standpoint Duterte may actually fix a massive drug problem by making everyone too scared to touch the stuff.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    What does Canada think they are, the world police now? How about you leave other sovereign nations alone.
    Seems like Canada is becoming the new USA in terms off sticking its nose into other countries business.. I often wonder what the response would be if the situation was reversed and it was Duterte who was criticizing Trudeau..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Bit of a colonial mindset you have there, telling other nations how they should be run, very 19th Century. Are you one of those alt-right I keep hearing about?
    I thought that was the alt left that liked doing this sort of thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    But did he raise it with China, who's ass he keeps kissing?
    He wont criticize China, because he knows full well if he did then the ramifications in terms of trade and so on could be very detrimental..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    He's quite popular amongst his peopld. Why do Western leaders like to tell others how to run their country so much? Focus on your own nations instead.
    It is the only way they can feel superior I suppose who knows why, but yeah they should be looking after their own countries issues than butting in where it is neither wanted or needed..

Deleted
    No one should want to have any kind of relations with a man who commented on an australian woman being gangraped and murdered in his country with "They should have let me rape her first"
    Yeah Duarte actually makes trump look like a decent chap by comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Philipines/US discussion-- NK must be handled because they will nuke and kill millions or tens of millions of innocent people

Philipines/Canada discussion-- We must make sure that thousands of guilty people are dealt with in a humane way

I'm obviously oversimplifying the issue, but at least from a utilitarian standpoint Duterte may actually fix a massive drug problem by making everyone too scared to touch the stuff.
    Guilty required a fair trial, not having a 14yo kid shoot you in the head because cops told her to.

I mean.. the way Duterte handles drug dealers in his country has no effect on America. Dealing with NK is more important to US security. It would be hypocritical of the US to criticize other countries regarding drug laws.

Deleted
    Then why are they even talking?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Seems like Canada is becoming the new USA in terms off sticking its nose into other countries business.. I often wonder what the response would be if the situation was reversed and it was Duterte who was criticizing Trudeau..

- - - Updated - - -

I thought that was the alt left that liked doing this sort of thing?

- - - Updated - - -

He wont criticize China, because he knows full well if he did then the ramifications in terms of trade and so on could be very detrimental..

- - - Updated - - -

It is the only way they can feel superior I suppose who knows why, but yeah they should be looking after their own countries issues than butting in where it is neither wanted or needed..

I see standing up for freedom and justice has a price for the great Trudeu, who only stands for what’s right when he can afford it. That’s called hypocrisy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yea, poor Philippines getting criticized just because "died in police custody" is becoming the most common cause of death, poor poor Duterte can't even murder citizens without other countries sticking their nose in his bloody business.

How petty are people that they become in favor of mass murder just because tennisace is against it?

The people actually loves Duerte, there is a reason they elected him.