Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fair warning to you people that want to roll an Enhancement Shaman

Just a fair warning. I know a lot of you look back at Vanilla Enhancement Shaman as this crazy spec that could one shot people.

I mained a shaman in vanilla + have later experience with it. I am here to break your illusion.

First of all, as you might know, Enhancement shaman is not desirable in raids. We are around 50-70% of the dps of the pure dps / warriors. If you are brought to a raid it is because they want your windfury totem.

In PvP, if you go Enhancement spec, you are going to be pretty weak for the most part. Stormstrike is an ability that is unpredictable and glichy, some times not giving WF proc when you should have gotten it.
    Your best bet, even for PvP, is to go Resto. Then you have an instant heal / lightning nuke. It is way better, in my experience.

You have a billion totems you need to bind like frost resist totem. And these are all very important in PvP. If you refuse to put down resist totem vs a mage you are in big trouble. We are talking 5 full bars of buttons that should be keybound.

You will be easily kited.
    You die in 1 stunlock from Rogues.
    Warriors will go shield and defencive when you burst, then you have nothing and they can bring you down.
    You need to be very good with timings on tremor totem to make sure warlocks don't chain-fear you.

I also want to point out that the spec was nerfed in almost all patches of Vanilla. If these Classic servers are on the 1.12.x patch then you are long nerfed to the ground.
    Another point is that the burst is good in early gearing stages. Once people start to get Tier 2+ they have so much HP that you can't burst them down. You both having pre raid gear is a much bigger advantage to you than you both having Tier 2 is what I am saying. Your DPS do not scale good enough.

But hey, when you are standing there, autoattacking and shocking people in Battlegrounds, every so often you get a great windfury proc and they just melt. And that feels good. It's just rare that it happens.

I know you probably have seen some YouTube videos of people one shotting but remember that they cut out all the times they don't get a windfury proc or a bad proc, that is most of the time.

I just don't want people to get false hope.

My experience exactly! I still regret playing this class then.

In pvp you are one of the main counters to mages/warlock/priests
    Pretty much guaranteed one shot on cloths if 2/3 of your windfury crit sand you have decent gear

And no, you're not getting Sulfuras, unless you RL.

1. You want to beat ppl in Tier 2 with your green/blue gear. Not gonna happen.

2. There are addons that create one additional bar above your standard UI bars to place all of your totems so that you won't have to use Blizzard's UI. It's your fail that you are not aware of their existence.

3. Vanilla had a different design philosophy than modern "WoW". There was one tree for level-up, one tree for PvP and one tree for raiding. It's not the game's fault that you don't understand that and you want your class' levelling spec to be able to do anything that strikes your fancy better than everybody else.

You sound as ridiculous as a Hunter crying because they cannot PvP or Raid as Beast Mastery.

In addition, contrary to what you say the spec is fine in PvP and on top of that You Tube is filled with ENhancement Shaman HWL PVP videos from Vanilla. You 're just bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Case in point:

I can't believe that Blizzard listens to people such as the OP. Blizzard don't seem to understand their own game.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    In pvp you are one of the main counters to mages/warlock/priests
    Pretty much guaranteed one shot on cloths if 2/3 of your windfury crit sand you have decent gear
    You know windfury has a 20% chance to proc right? So first of all you have to get close to them. Then you have a 20% chance to crit on your autoattack. If you don't, better wait like 2 sec until next autoattack and see if it procs. Then you expect 2 out of the 3 attacks to crit also.

Of course you can "one shot on cloths" if you are incredibly lucky and they don't move away from you. It's just not gonna happen that often.

Pvp as enhance was ok in WPVP but in organised pvp we could get shit on by certain classes.

As peoples gear increased the gap between enhancement and over specs only increased in their favour. Going resto for me was a good call as warriors got to insane levels with the right gear and a pocket healer + wf totem.

Still enjoyed the pvp as enhancement though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post

2. There are addons that create one additional bar above your standard UI bars to place all of your totems so that you won't have to use Blizzard's UI. It's your fail that you are not aware of their existence.

3. Vanilla had a different design philosophy than modern "WoW". There was one tree for level-up, one tree for PvP and one tree for raiding. It's not the game's fault that you don't understand that and you want your class' levelling spec to be able to do anything that strikes your fancy better than everybody else.

You sound as ridiculous as a Hunter crying because they cannot PvP or Raid as Beast Mastery.

In addition, contrary to what you say the spec is fine in PvP and on top of that You Tube is filled with ENhancement Shaman HWL PVP videos from Vanilla. You 're just bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Case in point:

<heavily edited PvP video with only the times he get's good WF procs>

I can't believe that Blizzard listens to people such as the OP. Blizzard don't seem to understand their own game.
    1. I did not say that. I said that in the later stages in the game when everyone gets the good tiers, your DPS does not scale as well as the other classes. Your burst can't keep up with the HP gain from the high end gear. I said if both have Tier 2 you have less of a chance to winn than if you both had full blues for instance.

2. No matter what addon you have you still need each totem keybound. Unless you are a clicker.

3. I was just pointing out that the Enhancement spec is not that good. And that people should go Resto spec. What is making you so mad about this?

And a heavily edited PvP video is exactly why people think Enhancement is so good. Feel free to play it if you are convinced by these videos. I am just trying to warn you about the reality when you have spent months leveling a shaman and gearing him up.

Don't forget about Shocks.

Earth Shock that is used for both damage AND interrupt. Also I might be wrong, but didn't shock spells share CD?

Also shamans in vanilla and TBC scaled with strength. And guess how many pieces of mail armor had strength on it?

Can't believe I played it now that I think about it

Enh Shamans scaled at 1 AP per Str and 1 AP per Agi while most other specs scaled at 2 AP : 1 primary stat.

Good luck finding Str/Agi mail gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    And no, you're not getting Sulfuras, unless you RL.
    Please do tell me who else is gonna take it, considering no one else really wants it.

- - - Updated - - -

Case in point:

I like how you link a 2.xx video to prove your point

Jesus you're retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Enh Shamans scaled at 1 AP per Str and 1 AP per Agi while most other specs scaled at 2 AP : 1 primary stat.

Didn't str classes get 2 AP per 1 STR + 1 AP per 1 AGI, and Agi classes got the opposite, 1 AGI = 2 AP, 1 STR = 1 AP.

Shaman was a strength class, but pretty much all the mail armor had Agi on it, cause hunters were agi.

And tier sets were shitty mishmash made for "every" spec, mostly serving good for one, nothing like different versions for each spec. That came in TBC.

Honestly.

I'm just gonna play what I want to play.

Right now on the table would be Resto Sham, BM Hunter and Lock. No idea what spec for the lock though yet.

We know already. This post is not an eye opener in any way.

Enhancement only being taken to raids for totems only deserves a “no shit” response. This was the case for MANY classes and specific specs.

Enhancement were only good in PvP and had a very RNG feel to it with their windfury. People KNOW, that’s why they want to play one.

EVERY class could die in one stunlock from rogues, this is not specific to enhancement.

ORCS had old Hardiness which increased stun resist chance by 25%. An orc enhancement Shaman could shit on rogues if their racial played in their favour and windfury procced.

People know this, and want this.

This is a no shit Sherlock thread.

Also loved having to retrain two-hand weapon skill to 300 every time I respeced! /s

I was really tempted to make this very thread warning future classic players wanting to roll shaman, but there was a small little evil part of me that wanted them to roll it and fail miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    My experience exactly! I still regret playing this class then.
    It sure did own those people who sucked at the game and people who were afk, though!

It's a shame those people will never exist ever again. The vast majority of classic was terrible players who I could literally beat blindfolded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post

Shamans did not get any AP from Agility until Wrath of the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Didn't str classes get 2 AP per 1 STR + 1 AP per 1 AGI, and Agi classes got the opposite, 1 AGI = 2 AP, 1 STR = 1 AP.

Shaman was a strength class, but pretty much all the mail armor had Agi on it, cause hunters were agi.

And tier sets were shitty mishmash made for "every" spec, mostly serving good for one, nothing like different versions for each spec. That came in TBC.
    In vanilla 1 str=1ap and 1 agi= same crit % for

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    First of all, as you might know, Enhancement shaman is not desirable in raids. We are around 50-70% of the dps of the pure dps / warriors. If you are brought to a raid it is because they want your windfury totem.
    So, basically, you ARE desirable, but because of your buffs and not your personal damage.
    Which is fine if you don't approach Vanilla with current WoW blinders where the only relevant thing is your DPSmeter.

I loved buffing my pals with my totems when on my shamans, and I loved debuffing foes with my warlocks. Support is a role that can be pretty satisfying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    In vanilla 1 str=1ap and 1 agi= same crit % for
    Actually, that's only true for the rogue. And rogues had 1 AP per agi.
    Every other classes had "2 mélée AP for Str, 0 from Agi".
    (though I'm not sure about druids, I don't remember if they ALSO had 1 AP per agi, or if it was only in cat form, or if they used the regular 0 AP from agi)

Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuhUUHhlmH8

Why would you ever try to make a point with a video of a shaman killing people with lucky windfury procs and against absolutely terrible players? Notice how he barely beats the mid tier skilled warrior in the video? That's because he got lucky. One because of procs, and two because of how unskilled the warrior was. The warrior was also wearing shit gear(probably because he was an alt which further explains why he lost) whereas the shaman is wearing top end gear. Most warriors will beat equally skilled and geared shaman 95% of the time at that point in classic. Especially with all the nerfs to shamans that happened in what felt like every single patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.