Talking Imagine a Halo MMO...

I know that Halo isn't as big as it used to be, but just imagine a Halo MMO. A certain studio ( cant recall the name atm ) started production on a Halo MMO back in the 2000's but it was canceled. Halo's universe has more than enough content and lore to launch a fully supported MMO. It's my dream to see something like this come true.

The game would launch with 4 races, none of which are faction specific: Spartan, Marine, Elite, and Brute.
    ( other races added in pairs of two in future expansion packs like WoW )

I haven't brain stormed much about the classes but here's just some ideas I came up with while typing:

Defender: A tough soldier outfitted with heavy armor and advanced shields tasked with guarding his/her allies at all costs. Two different play styles/specs: One handed melee/handgun with a plasma shield or two-handed machine gun.

Tactician:Medium armored class that utilizes traps, snares, explosives, and poisons to take down his/her enemies. Two different play styles: Dual wield weapons and summon a permanent robot minion that behaves like a Hunters pet in WoW. The specializes in traps and turrets to daze, poison, shock, and kill his/her enemies.

Mender: Lightly armored class that harnesses technology to heal and assist themselves as well as other players. Menders can heal and resurrect allies by various means, the main median for healing is a permanent companion the flies nearby the Mender. Each race gets its own companion model but with the same exact abilities. Marine/Spartan: Standard UNSC Combat Healing Unit ( floating bot ) and Elites/Brutes: the Covenant Engineer, seen in Halo 3: ODST and other Halo media.

I can think of many other classes but this is just a base example of: Tank, DPS/Utility, Healer.

I can think of hundreds of different zones and locations that are viable for gameplay and exploration. Dungeons and Raids are basically already set up in the Halo games with all the iconic locations, ships, and planets.

The potential for Mounts, Companions, Loot, Abilities, Enemies, and reputable Factions is incredible. I could type for hours about the places we'd visit and the things we would see.

There are also a lot of " big bads" in the Halo universe with the Covenant, Forerunners, ONI, and the Flood coming off the top of my head. The Flood would be like the Old Gods of the MMO, since that essentially what they are to the Halo universe already.

If any of you like the idea or have anything to add, please comment below. I'm really looking forward to some of you guy's ideas. I know how creative this forum can be. Thanks all, have a good day.
    Last edited by Kalvir; 2017-11-16 at 11:48 AM.

And Halo and WoW are related how exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=120517

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    That's got me beat.

They don't have to be related. This isn't a WoW expansion. Its an entirely new MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalvir View Post
    They don't have to be related. This isn't a WoW expansion. Its an entirely new MMO.
    He's talking about this thread being posted in the General WoW subforum instead of the Videogames subforum.

So why are you posting this in the WoW section?

Home MMO-Champion» Forum» World of Warcraft» General Discussions»

That's got me beat.
    Lol. Don't forget about the BANSHEE Queen

10+ Year Old Account
    This has nothing to do with WoW, so moving.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

So... Destiny?

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    So why are you posting this in the WoW section?
    I'm posting this in the WoW General Forums because it's intended to be read by people who play WoW already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So... Destiny?
    That's an entirely different thing.. it may be made by Bungie..but its not what I'm talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It would probably be dead in a first month.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It would probably be dead in a first month.
    actually it died in preproduction.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'm uncertain about FPS MMO, do they work?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Destiny like originally the Halo MMO than changed.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Have any sci fi MMOs really had staying power? I know there was a Star Wars (Galaxies?) MMO that had a steady small player base, but from what I recall died when they changed the game a lot (had some friends who played that one). I played SWTOR for a few months, but that seemed to mainly be a hit because of the brand, and that one that came out ~years ago to massive fanfare and PR only to crash quickly. I realize this thread isn't set up to debate the viability of a Halo MMO, but it made me wonder if any sci fi mmo could really survive and thrive. Maybe if a game like SWTOR had released with the level of polish and smooth combat that WoW has developed since its launch it might've been a bigger hit, but I think there's just something about a high fantasy world that draws people where sci fi universes just can't. Just my anecdotal experience with SWTOR, but while I enjoyed leveling the first time around, there was nothing interesting to me about a raid that involved killing robots, jedi/sith, and space monsters (at least compared to dragons/etc.).

I'd play and RP Sarge.