Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is WPvP really better now?

I was really excited about the damage nerf in WPvP so I headed to Elwynn Forest with my 924 ilvl Havoc DH. I duelled a ~935 ilvl WW Monk. Instinctively trinketed the FoF he started with. Then kited him for about 4 seconds before he managed to pull of a DR'ed 2-3 sec Leg Sweep in which I died from 100% hp to zero. Through talented Blur...

Seems like this 40% nerf has changed barely anything. What is your experience so far?

Don't really expect it to get any better until they decide to resign from PvP talent's and templates. Whole (instanced) PvP is balanced with them in mind and even with all of that there are huge differences in power, so no wonder that playing without templates makes it a wild west regardless.
    The best they can do (and they probably did to an extent, recently) is to reduce the amount of things that "one shot" you, granted, now you will take most likely 2 shots before you roll over. In my take on it, it doesn't change much, but at least people won't be coming to forums and complain that they were "one shotted" by x/y/z.

Deleted
    Wpvp adjusments are a waste of time.

Deleted
    I can agree that WPvP is a lost cause this expansion but maybe they should pour a little more effort on it to make it at least bearable for the next couple of months before, hopefully, they ultimately rework it in BfA.

Considering the damage we can do, 40% really isn't even close enough to make it balanced. Simply making the stat sheets/spell changes enable like in instanced PvP would be a start.

WPvP is a really fun part of WoW, if they can change it there's no reason they shouldn't, even if it's "dead" right now, it doesn't have to stay dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Considering the damage we can do, 40% really isn't even close enough to make it balanced. Simply making the stat sheets/spell changes enable like in instanced PvP would be a start.

WPvP is a really fun part of WoW, if they can change it there's no reason they shouldn't, even if it's "dead" right now, it doesn't have to stay dead.
    Sadly, it's been dead ever since flying mounts appeared. Suramar was actually quite nice for WPvP for a bit, but people soon left that zone.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing a Operation Murloc Freedom the other day on my DH, and I was attacked by a very geared Fury Warrior. Even with Prydaz and 930 ilvl I was at 10% after the intial charge, and died before I could do really anything back. 40% changes nothing honestly.

As for whether it's better now, it's been bad for more than just Legion. Remember playing my Enhance Shaman in Tanaan at 100 and becoming a pile of charred Orc flesh after being incinerated by a fire mage in a few seconds.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Sadly, it's been dead ever since flying mounts appeared. Suramar was actually quite nice for WPvP for a bit, but people soon left that zone.
    It took a great hit when flying mounts were introduced but it's definitely not been dead, that's for sure. One of my fondest WPvP memories were abusing Shadowmeld -> Flight Form or instant Cyclone/Roots -> Flight Form on my feral in Northrend while leveling back in WotLK. MoP's Timeless Isle was quite a blast as well.

No it's not. The best WPvP was probably WG/TB. Right now I haven't actually seen any horde players in alliance towers for WQuests. I had only one occassion going to the Horde Tower and killing one rogue there, but that it was...
    The only exception of this were the cyclical WQuests, but I really had to kill someone maybe 5 times in total(plus some ocassions in Argus)and I still got the mount for the achiev), probably because there was also PvE way to do the quests and no one seriously wanted to fight. They just minded their own business, and I didn't interrupt them, because deeply inside they have right... what's the point of wasting time while fighting with someone else if you can just do the PvP quest faster and easier after killing NPCs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I was doing a Operation Murloc Freedom the other day on my DH, and I was attacked by a very geared Fury Warrior. Even with Prydaz and 930 ilvl I was at 10% after the intial charge, and died before I could do really anything back. 40% changes nothing honestly.
    This also. As a Rogue I have legendary that gives me 100% crit chance for 5 sec after breaking stealth with +legendary cloak that increases my AoE DMG by 1050% it's ridiculously OP in WPvP(I think that they reduced it's dmg increase in PvP, but it doesn't mind, because some legendaries are OP).
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-11-16 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Definitely agree, flying was a huge knock for WPvP, it's one of the main reasons I don't like flying being introduced early. I wouldn't say it was dead, though. It lived through MoP on the PvP walls and at Pang's Stead VotFW with flying, it was just a pain in the ass with people CCing/flying away, or druids constantly shadowmeld-flying away.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodknight2012 View Post
    It took a great hit when flying mounts were introduced but it's definitely not been dead, that's for sure. One of my fondest WPvP memories were abusing Shadowmeld -> Flight Form or instant Cyclone/Roots -> Flight Form on my feral in Northrend while leveling back in WotLK. MoP's Timeless Isle was quite a blast as well.
    So you're on a PvP server and other guy wanted to PvP you but given flight you could easily escape killing the whole idea of PvP. Yeah, I'd call that dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    So you're on a PvP server and other guy wanted to PvP you but given flight you could easily escape killing the whole idea of PvP. Yeah, I'd call that dead
    No, I was ganking 2 people around my level, then they would call on a third guy and when I went out of options I could always reset and hunt them down all over again. The beauty of it was that I had a chance to outplay 3+ people at once. Even if they were the ones that mount up and run away I could somehow always find them when they land and kill them over again. It certainly didn't feel dead.

Not to mention that I could keep 2 people constantly in CC with powerful slows, instant cyclone, roots and hibernate while fighting the third guy. Even then I could kite and easily self-heal as well... But that's a different topic. Hopefully we get unpruned soon as well.
    Last edited by mmocce32bc34b9; 2017-11-16 at 02:09 PM.

A rogue tried to gank me this morning without succes. I'd say wpvp is better now.

7+ Year Old Account
    people have more time phasing away by changing realms

No, I was ganking 2 people around my level, then they would call on a third guy and when I went out of options I could always reset and hunt them down all over again. The beauty of it was that I had a chance to outplay 3+ people at once. Even if they were the ones that mount up and run away I could somehow always find them when they land and kill them over again. It certainly didn't feel dead.
    The beauty for you wasn't that you were able to outplay them, it was that they could literally do nothing to stop you from escaping. It is basically the same as ganking lowbies and saying "World PvP isn't dead" as theres no chance for you to lose.

Being able to cancel out PvP at your will kills the whole system. Its the same reason why World PvPers hated the change in mount casting time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    The beauty for you wasn't that you were able to outplay them, it was that they could literally do nothing to stop you from escaping. It is basically the same as ganking lowbies and saying "World PvP isn't dead" as theres no chance for you to lose.

Being able to cancel out PvP at your will kills the whole system. Its the same reason why World PvPers hated the change in mount casting time.
    My point is that WPvP got worse with flying, that I can't argue with. But nonetheless, it could still feel very enjoyable. I've reset fights but trust me - others have reset fights as well. It's still felt fun and I could've hunt them down. It was worse but definitely not as dead as you're portraying it to have been, that's my point. Honestly, rogues' Vanish revamp back in Cata had more of a negative impact on WPvP and PvP as a whole by itself than the whole flying fiasco. If people fly away at least they'll land again sometimes and you'll have a good chance killing them. With rogues, especially when they used to have Preparation, they're just gone and you now have absolutely nothing to do about it. Except if you're not a druid, Fearie Fire them and they've been to dumb to waste CoS before that. Well, Fearie Fire is now gone so it's even worse.

My point is that WPvP got worse with flying, that I can't argue with. But nonetheless, it could still feel very enjoyable. I've reset fights but trust me - others have reset fights as well. It's still felt fun and I could've hunt them down. It was worse but definitely not as dead as you're portraying it to have been, that's my point. Honestly, rogues' Vanish revamp back in Cata had more of a negative impact on WPvP and PvP as a whole by itself than the whole flying fiasco. If people fly away at least they'll land again sometimes and you'll have a good chance killing them. With rogues, especially when they used to have Preparation, they're just gone and you now have absolutely nothing to do about it. Except if you're not a druid, Fearie Fire them and they've been to dumb to waste CoS before that. Well, Fearie Fire is now gone so it's even worse.
    And people find ganking lowbies enjoyable, it still doesn't mean World PvP would be alive. Its dead, every zone that uses flying mounts instantly kills World PvP.

Rogues have always been slippery against magic users but they've had and still have plenty of counters to CoS+Vanish combos, mainly bleeds but things like flare as well. It is nothing compared to what flying has done.

I think it feels basically the same. $0% decreased damage just means I have to hit them one more time.

Better, but nowhere near where it needs to be.

Legos should be disabled entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post

As for whether it's better now, it's been bad for more than just Legion. Remember playing my Enhance Shaman in Tanaan at 100 and becoming a pile of charred Orc flesh after being incinerated by a fire mage in a few seconds.
    Yeah, but thats just as much of an enhance problem as it is wpvp. Enhance has some of the worst defensive utility in the game, I say this as a fellow shaman.

Back in WotLK you'd get dismounted when receiving damage. That was a good way to prevent people from running away. It would be a good change if they brought this back. However, imagine the following scenario:
    You're flying. Suddenly someone hits you, you get dismounted and fall to your death while he glides away on his goblin glider. So getting dismounted due to damage should only be a thing inside no-fly zones, also it should only be a thing when getting hit by players. I doubt people will be happy if they get dismounted every time they aggro a mob and have to waste time killing it / running away.

This still doesn't change the problem with WPvP everywhere. What if Alliance form a raid group and attack Orgrimmar. Imagine a huge fight happening outside the city and people are constantly mounting and flying away. It breaks the fun. A solution to this needs to be figured.

Also, more about city raiding. It so stupid to gather a raid group of 40 people and just drop on the Stormwind Keep's balcony, enter the throne room and nuke Anduin, rather than enter the city the old fashioned way through the main gate or harbor and fight your way to the king, clashing with guards and players. Right now, by the time the Alliance players figure out what's going on, the Horde players have flown away and are waiting for the train inside the Deeprun Tram. Where is the fun in that? The Alliance don't even get a chance to defend their leader. You raid the Alliance capital but the only thing you fight are PvP toggled NPCs. That's not World PVP.
    Last edited by Domcho; 2017-11-17 at 04:34 AM.